What's new

Your Favorite Fighting Game Mechanics (POLL)

What fighting game elements do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Meterles invincible backdashes.
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "The Movement". You did clarify that they should be invincible, but I can't think of a game that has backdashes without some sort of invincibility frames.

Is that MKX or IGAU? Help me out somebody.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I just hope that in Inj2 all archetypes are viable unlike MKXL which only rush down is actually viable.

rushdown, defensive, zoning, graple? set up, counter attack type chars should all be viable in orded for game to be fun imp, MKXL gets boring fast when all you see is attack, attack, attack, attack and noting elee but pressuring chars to dead.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "The Movement". You did clarify that they should be invincible, but I can't think of a game that has backdashes without some sort of invincibility frames.

Is that MKX or IGAU? Help me out somebody.
MK9 backdashes didn't have invincibility, plus I said meterles unlike mkx...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like any type of character that blows up impatience and controls the pace of the match. I don't really like rushdown that much, I definitely prefer a character that can play the game slower and force a mistake rather than initiating the offensive first.

I really want to play Robin in I2, but I don't wanna make the mistake of being stuck with a character that doesn't fit my style as much.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
as a NRS fan I know how backward this sounds.. but my fav fighting game stuff has always been heavy defence play. While I love MK I really wish they removed or at least toned down the chip. I get that it is a legacy design and never going away.. but I really wish playing defence and using footsies and block/punish was viable in a real sense. In NRS games you HAVE to go on the offensive sooner rather then latter as chip will kill you.