What's new

Your Current Weaknesses in MK11

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
My problem has been my lack of consistent execution.Im either dropping a combo which I should be able to do with my eyes closed by now or while playing jacqui trying to get a reversal dash punch instead I get a hop attack which gets me blown the hell up.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I've told myself I need to focus on a few things. Seems we all have a common thread here

1. AA's. This will be lab priority number 1. So many missed opportunities to destroy and instead I get destroyed myself.
  2. Corner pressure. I can work an opp into the corner well but once he's there, I just don't seem to know how to be as oppressive as others are in the corner. Which is pathetic considering I main noob. I usually keep a distance and play defensively but back up quickly when needed. I see other players decimate people in the corner and so far that just doesn't click with me.
  3. Dealing out and taking stagger pressure. Too many times I go default mode to either 1 hit or the full string instead of varying up my strings to keep the opponent guessing. I've realized watching myself getting beat down against better players they steal turns 100000s of times because they stagger and then keep pressing buttons. When I try it, sometimes I get good results but then I'll go back into bad habits of dialing in strings instead of mixing up my pressure.
I might be able to help on the corner issues noobs corner game is prob one of my strengths (if u can call it that lol)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
My weaknesses in no order
1 trying optimals off of everything then being salty when i drop shit online 8D
2 consistent anti airing, ill pop them once then just expect them to learn but they never do and neither do i
3 getting D2'd out of everything either from not jailing properly or not realising some players just mash d2 under pressure and i never adjust
4 general saltiness sometimes i get so salty at dropped inputs or somebodys derp style that i go full native and only focus on that one aspect of the fight (example) somebody is jump happy and keeps hitting me ill get so salty that i just repeat what they do until i lose
5 holding my hand too high on the directional side yes its a thing, i had a lightbulb moment and can now do back forward motions without jumping (used to be an xbox player)
6 my hatred of maths and numbers in general means i only go so deep with the frame data until i get bored or get a headache lol

I think I’m good at this game except my defense because I tend to try to make tough reads a lot of the time, I.e neutral duck punishing grabs and highs. I tend to crumble under the strike throw game, but I’ve started to calm down more and more when I play this game and I’m getting much better at throw teching on reaction instead of making the risky neutral duck read.

And for all of you who want to improve your throw teching ability, you should pick up jacqui fr. Her amp throw tech ability motivated me to finally get good at teching because I wanted to use the ability so badly. It adds a little incentive to practicing it because with jacqui there is a pay off to being good at throw techs.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
AAs - Scorpion doesn't have nice anti airs and even if he did, I'd still fuck them up. I'm getting better at this when I notice I got somebody in the corner or somebody cornered himself with a combo, because it's easier to anticipate.

B2/F3/F4 xx Hellport cancel confirms - Deadly tools Scorpion has that I do not utilize at all.

Dropping combos off anti airs and j3s on crouching opponents - Fucking hate that as I leave so much damage on the table even if I do delayed f3 meaties to specifically catch wakeup jumpers.

Punishing throw attemps with standing 11 - I never get anything other than d2 when reading a throw.

Hit-confirming d1/d3 into s11/s21 - When I hit a poke I usually just do shit instead of confirming into jailing buttons.

Various fuzzy guards against Erron/Geras/Jade - I'm free to Erron's 212121/b222 slide cancels, Geras' 111 and Jade's OH into OH or OH into low projectile cancels and shit like Cassie's and Sonya's OH strings, the latter being even more embarrassing.

I bet there's a whole lot more that I can't think of right now. I've started playing only 10 matches against people in casuals so I can save all the replays of my losses afterwards and check out where I got hit and why and where I fucked up specifically, and make notes of stuff to lab.
I'm thinking about making a matchup sheet for Scorpion where I write down everything including frame data, hit levels and cancels windows for every character along with punishable wakeup U3s and ranges where I want to stand to have a shot at whiff punishing them. Hope that helps a bit as I'm saving to go to Viennality next year and I want to at least win 1 pools match.
Scorpion’s S4 is a crazy good anti-air, provided they’re not right next to you when they jump, cancel that into MB TP and you have a nice decent chunk of damage on the table. His D2 is very good for any closer anti-airs/crossups

My biggest weakness is a weird one imo. My strong points are AA's and throw tech's, which both requires decent reaction speeds. but my weakness is hit confirming which is also based on your reaction speed. so why can i react to a jump and to throws but having a hard time mastering hit confirms? hahah smh about this everytime

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
After reaching my goal of getting to Grand Master using mainly Shock Jock Johnny Cage, to show that it can be done, I've come to the realization that even though I was able to accomplish this goal, I feel as if I've hit a sort of plateau, and I felt the need to write out what I feel I need to work on with my 2 mains. Also one of those issues that you notice more when competing against players that are Demi-God or higher.

-Anti-air conversions as Cassie. I can use her B3 consistently, but I can't properly follow up on it.
-Anti-airs as a whole. It's like whenever I see someone jump, I just let them and block, despite knowing that its plus on block. This happens since I keep expecting to lose the trade, despite using characters that can deal with jump-ins quite well.
-Attempting to counter-poke as Cassie. It's a losing battle since she really doesn't have good range on her crouching pokes and her longest-range poke (her d4) can't trade.
-Relying too much on Johnny's F344 and Cassie's F2. I've been working more on staggering with Johnny, but I keep falling back into the habit of being too aggressive and getting blown up for it
-Waking up too often with U3

So with my own examples given, I wanted to make a thread where we can state what we feel our current weaknesses are, since the best way to confront your issue is to admit that its an issue. And hopefully, this results in others giving their own advice on how to improve. Nerves isn't really an issue that I'd state, since we can all fall victim to that, despite our skill level.

And since it's related to the topic, I'm also a player that's never really done drills, so if anyone knows a good place where I can read up on some drills for this game, I'd very much appreciate it.
The games lag and poor connection is my weakness...

-IIINCORRUPTIBLE

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Uffff, so many things, but well, I think my main weaknesses are:

• First of ir all, I must lab more, specially in order to adquire better knowledge of the MUs that I'm less familiar with.
  • I still suck at antiairing and teching throws. I antiair mainly on reads but I have to work a lot on antiairing on reaction.
  • I need to use my WU options better, and alternate more between them.
  • I have to work on my conversions
However, not everything is negative, I think I've improved in some regards:
  • My pressure from Kano's grabs and mixups is way better
  • My corner game has improved
  • My reads are usually ok, it's my reactions which I need to improve
  • I'm better in the footsies department, but there's still room for improvement

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Not knowing a lot of mus and being too lazy to lab them . Im like why to learn this mu while no one plays said character . But then I run into some character loyalist and get destroyed .

Also spamming too much with cetrion and execution errors . Getting d4 grab which is death on block instead d4 wall.

Last one is doing stupid shit sometimes and hoping it works . Like teleport and doing throw while hes blocking fullscreen . Sometimes it works but most often i get punished .

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
My biggest weakness is that I just can´t play lame even when I know I should to win a match