What's new

Question Your Biggest Weakness

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
As smart as Lex is, he's always had his weaknesses, which is why he often loses against Superman & other superheroes. It's important that you know your weaknesses because if you don't know what they are, you can't correct them. I've created this thread so we can share our weaknesses while using Lex & to find ways to fix them or find ways around them in order to make our main choice of character stronger against those that would see us defeated & in ruin. By all means, discuss away...

Galactic Geek

I guess I'll start...

I have a really bad habit of using corp charge upon wake-up. Sometimes this can be good to do, but in most cases it's instantly blocked & full-combo punished by seasoned players. What are some ways I can get closer to my opponent after getting knocked down without being so easily punished?

B W1zZ

Noob
Cyborg and Superman zoning are problems...they can pretty much derp fireballs/lasers all day and force Lex to have to work overtime to get any kind of momentum going.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I always forget to trait, and (a more me in general problem) I get caught being stupid cautious and turtle instead of attacking

I would say my biggest problem is RANGE. I face a lot of difficulties when I am on a range that none of my normals reach. This specially occurs on matches against Aquaman, GL and Superman. All of them have projectiles that slow my pace, so I take 3 months to get into them, and when I do, a back dash would leave them on an uncomfortable range.

On the other hand, I fell really comfortable on matches that the other character has a similar range as me. On this moment I can poke them out of pressure and mix them up.

Galactic Geek

I have issues with characters that can zone with ranged attacks quickly such as Deathstroke, Sinestro, & Harley Quinn. All of them can fire multiple shots before you can even take a single step forward & can also punish you on jump-in or dash-in. If they commit to shooting you, there's little you can do from my experience & IMO, that's ridiculous. Sure there are going to be bad matchups, but I find those nearly impossible if the other player is even remotely cheap.

I'd also like to remind you guys that we're supposed to be coming up with solutions as well. ;)

Yes, Deathstroke seems impossible if the other player decides to use his guns heavily.
Everything he does is multi-hitting and you just can't get your trait on, or use it effectively if you do so.
He'll zone you with guns and there isn't anyway you can close in or gain momentum for your own zoning without getting hit, even then, Lex probes disappear from you're hand as your going to throw them, and your orbital strike doesn't strike... probably hit Metropolis somewhere.

I wanted his Dash > Crouch ability to be buffed in 1.06 so he could at least dash and duck to get closer. Nope :(

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Living in oregon wheres theres no offline scene, and my aquaman avatar that im too lazy to change.
And duh..batgirl, sinestro

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I trait up even when playes have been punishing me on wake up for it. And i know i don't throw out enough probes

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Not having any rhyme or reason to throwing shit out. I just try and toss out as many specials and trait up as much as possible