What's new

Guide - Cybernetic Youph's Living Guide for Cybernetic Kano

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Youphemism submitted a new resource:

Youph's Guide for Cybernetic Kano - A highly detailed living guide covering how to play Cybernetic Kano.

Cybernetic Kano - A Living Guide by Youphemism
Welcome, readers, to a tool specifically designed to aid you in having a better understanding the high level side of Cybernetic Kano. This guide will start off covering just the basics of Cybernetic Kano and I will update it over time with the specifics of the variation that will build on to your fundamental play to help you get better with it and become a more complete Cybernetic player. I aim...
Read more about this resource...

Youphemism

@bdizzle2700
@SaltShaker
@RyuuJin882
@Derptile
@MrInsaynne
@MsMiharo
@Daemantalo
@Doug
@countrypistol
@NoobHunter420 you said you were looking for a guide, I'll be updating this one over time :p
@RM I$AAC
@PND_Mustard
@VoyagersRevenge
@Down 2
@FlappyDaniel
@Dukmunky
@Dean
@The Hex Man
@Error
@Enexemander
@KitanawantstheD
@Gofer_MK_
@HuttonMD
@Jupe
@ando1184
@KH Showtime
@Noobe
@pogse

If any of you guys have suggestions for additions I'm all ears. Otherwise enjoy what's done of the guide so far :) oh and if there's any Kanos I missed feel free to tag them if you like.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm actually really looking forward to this because I want to branch out and learn new characters now that the game is finally setting down. :)

Youphemism

I'm actually really looking forward to this because I want to branch out and learn new characters now that the game is finally setting down. :)
Well there's plenty of info in the normals, specials and combos sections to get you started on the fundamental side of things since I tried to be as in-depth as possible! I'll be approaching the rest of the guide with the same attention to important details too :)

Youphemism

I cannot rate this higher than 1/5 solely due to the fact that it doesn't consist of the phrase "throw knifes lul". Nice try though, keep at it and maybe you'll be a decent cyber some day :D
I haven't gotten to that section yet ;)

This is shaping up to be a good solid guide. I like the clear beginner, intermediate, expert stages. I've been sleeping on Cyber as of late and need to blow the dust off.

I'm also going to link this and Derp's Cutthroat guide at the end of my beginners guide, as they both follow on nicely. All we need now is an intermediate to advanced Commando one and we'll be set!

(Edit: links added)

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
One combo I find easier in corner is starter db1 b312 32 112 exdb3 njp b131+3 for rest and or ball for knockdown.

I'm not at home right now but I know its 40% or more maybe 43% with restand but I like using 32 112 instead of two b312 just personal preference tho

Youphemism

One combo I find easier in corner is starter db1 b312 32 112 exdb3 njp b131+3 for rest and or ball for knockdown.

I'm not at home right now but I know its 40% or more maybe 43% with restand but I like using 32 112 instead of two b312 just personal preference tho
Yeah I did mention in the combo section that 32 112 is an easier conversion than another B312 although in the combo thread there's a B1 before the 32 so that's there too. Cheers for mentioning the restand though, gonna include it in the combo section as an ender since I haven't mentioned it there.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
tips on canceling the ball?
I can't get it, not even once.
I tried doing dd as if it was part of the ball input and nothing.
btw great guide, my kano has improved a ton.
Never had to play footsies for so long in my entire life:mad:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Try holding it for a lil bit. Then dd. Then shorten is then dd. Eventually you will get it at the fitst possible frame

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
You need to SEE the ball before you can cancel. Slow down your inputs :)

Youphemism

Actually the way I do it is inputting DDD, that way if my cancel is a bit early it doesn't matter because the last two D's will have come out later and it'll cancel properly. But if you want to do it the right way then yeah pretty much what dizzle said, you need to wait a sec.
Cheers! :) I'll be updating the next section soon.
Youph, fuck you.
Not my fault you haven't posted in the Kano threads I checked for names lately BibleThump