What's new

Tech Youphemism's Batgirl Tech

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I've decided I'm just going to dump all the tech I've found with Batgirl in here, I'll also provide a small description so what's going on is made clearer if necessary. If I find any more tech in the future I may decide to post it in here! I've been itching to get this posted but haven't been able to due to a last minute holiday to Turkey being thrown at me...

The reason I've decided to share it all rather than keep it to myself and freak everyone out with it is because I want the whole community to have as much knowledge of the game as possible and because it's funny to watch people continually cry about this character :joker:

So without further ado here's what I've found:

B2 String-Related Shenanigans
First things first, a reminder that some of the cast (half of them iirc) can punish b2u3 on block. Rather than posting a video I shall redirect you to these threads so you can see for yourself:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/characters-that-can-punish-bgs-b2u3-string-on-block.44829/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/batgirl-vortex-can-be-punished.39256/

Another thing I never see being done but can be extremely useful is backdashing the gap in the middle of both the b2u3 and b2d3 strings:
Yes you may not have many frames to work with, if any, but at least you're out of the blender and have enough space to think! This way Batgirl has to work her way back in again and you can punish whatever she attempts or you can start your own pressure/zoning :) you also don't require having to guess between blocking standing or crouching in anticipation of the b2d3. So if you block high and guess right backdash the next hit

Corner Destruction
As if Batgirl's corner game wasn't already infuriating enough, I've managed to work on some tech to add to this. Below are some things you might or might not run into, some of it is better than other bits but clearly she needs anything she can get :DOGE

Wakeup Reversals:
This is the best way I could find to land this, but it reverses the opponents wakeup:
Using Babs bola twice in a combo results in a hard knockdown, so this is untechable, and the length of the knockdown allows you to dash in and, with the right timing, reverse wakeups.

This one may be slightly better/more viable:
It abuses the length of the knockdown of bat evade 3 and the advancing hitbox of Batwheel to reverse the opponents wakeup attack. As shown, it can be done with or without a dash in after the knockdown.

Damage Optimization Option Select:
This allows you to cover all situations that may come from attempting to do optimal damage in the corner. Of course as demonstrated she can achieve 60% for one bar in the corner and it isn't particularly hard, but if the combo were to be dropped several things can happen.
The option selects are in this next video:

If you drop the second f23 and the opponent doesn't tech roll, you can block the wakeup in time as f23 has very little recovery on it. If you drop the second f23 and the opponent does tech roll, you can instead cancel the second f23 into a bounce cancel. This also covers (not all) wakeups as it will absorb the hit and allow you to combo the opponent again, else if they just tech roll and block then you will be at plus frames and can continue your pressure in the corner.

Midscreen Mauling
Last but DEFINITELY not least, something @Pan1cMode has inaugurated "The Youphemism" which you can use if you want to. This setup is demonstrated here, first on Doomsday and his most invincible wakeup, then on Martian Manhunter and his most invincible wakeup:

Here's what happening with this little cutie:
  1. The 12b2 string is a hard knockdown so tech rolling out of this isn't an option.
  2. It grants enough advantage on hit for you to be able to dash in twice and do a bat evade 3 (db3~3).
  3. The bat evade 3 crosses up on the opponent if you time this setup correctly.
  4. If they try to wakeup out of this or do a wakeup because you can see her doing the bat evade 3 it gets stuffed or avoided completely, opening them up for a full combo punish or allowing Batgirl to continue with her game.*
Oh you think you can just block it and punish it since it's -15? That's nice, but Batgirl can also just delay the bat evade 3 and it won't cross up. This allows Batgirl to play mindgames with the opponent midscreen as well as give her an advantage in oki, as opponents will be less likely to wake up against her and she can stay in against the opponent where most of the time she'll want to be.

*Note: I have not tested this on all wakeups but it seems to do well on the ones I have tried this on.

At the moment this is all I have that I feel is worth sharing, and I will most likely add to this when I can. Mess about with it if you wish, but as long as you know it exists you can be ready for it!

Thanks to @VideoGamerHD for letting me record at his in a few of the videos
Already tagged Pan1cMode :p
@SonicFox5000
@Rip Torn
@RiBBz22
@AL Eevee
@HandySavage
@RenegadeVA
@Cal-EL
@Espio
@AK RM Blake
@STORMS
@Anyone I'm forgetting?

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

Youphemism

I know DD's upvenom can be low profiled, so my guess is that Batgirl is low profiling DD when she lands from her divekick.
I think it's just hitting him on the other side, the same way it avoids Martian's push in the other vid

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You just said you knew, you didn't tell me what you knew ;)
Yeah I was trolling you at the time. I actually figured it out pretty quick after you mentioned it because 12b2 was the only thing that made sense with a HKD since 12b3 didn't work with the db33. I am on vacation a few more days so I haven't been on TYM too much lately. When u do that setup, can you dash toward them after a db33 and neutral jump 2 to cross up again?

Here is some more corner Damage you probably know about.

B2D3-Bat Wheel-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F212-Bat Wheel- 59%
B2U3-F23-F23-F212-mb flying bat-F23-Bat wheel- 58%
J2-F21-Bat Wheel-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F212-Batwheel- 62% without jump 2- 60%
B1-Bat Wheel-F23-F23- mb Flying Bat-F23-F212- Bat wheel 59%
F23-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F23-Bat wheel- 58% or 59%

Youphemism

Yeah I was trolling you at the time. I actually figured it out pretty quick after you mentioned it because 12b2 was the only thing that made sense with a HKD since 12b3 didn't work with the db33. I am on vacation a few more days so I haven't been on TYM too much lately. When u do that setup, can you dash toward them after a db33 and neutral jump 2 to cross up again?
If it just hits the opponent it's a crossup so you end up on the other side of them but you're actually standing in them like after a WoWo b3 dash in f3. You could probably do a crossup flying bat too but yeah a neutral jump 2 might hit on the other side I'm not sure. I'll test it soon

Youphemism

Here is some more corner Damage you probably know about.

B2D3-Bat Wheel-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F212-Bat Wheel- 59%
B2U3-F23-F23-F212-mb flying bat-F23-Bat wheel- 58%
J2-F21-Bat Wheel-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F212-Batwheel- 62% without jump 2- 60%
B1-Bat Wheel-F23-F23- mb Flying Bat-F23-F212- Bat wheel 59%
F23-F23-F23-mb Flying Bat-F23-F23-Bat wheel- 58% or 59%
Yeah they're all pretty well-known :p

Youphemism

How come every batgirl I see in tournaments don't use this. Most of the time they always reset in the corner instead of going for the maximum damage
Because usually they'll go for the mixup between low and overhead with b2d3~db2u or b1~db2u into a combo. That's what I thought as well which is why I included the option selects, so that if they drop the combo they can cover anything that might happen. I think it may also be to do with the other combos being easier to land

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Some very good tech indeed sir. This would have been impossible without me though, right? :DOGE

I can use the knowledge of this tech against you ;)