What's new

Youphemism Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #7 (Cybernetic Kano/SF Sonya/Tempest Lao)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Apologies if this comes across as a pretty sombre thread, this week most of us felt like we were playing very sloppy and there was a lot of salt. Lots of dropped inputs or mistimed inputs or just straight up inputs not coming out. In fact this week was so salty that there's also a video below that Scott the Scot recorded during grand finals showing off some of the salt from tonight because who doesn't enjoy watching Scots get triggered? This is the only week where I decided beforehand I wouldn't be too focussed on winning as I just wasn't feeling it this week and ended up winning anyway so...maybe I should stop trying hahaha. Also it seems that unfortunately we only have four sets from this week recorded and uploaded. Hopefully the salt vid makes up for it! ;)

This week brought a returning Rareqq with his War God/Sun God Kotal Kahn! Missing in action this week is Suleymon (who says he should be returning next week, Tremor hype!), the Stirling knight Redking and last week's champion Bigfool who was either too scared to turn up or, more likely, is doing what he did over the last two weeks by staying off to charge up his power levels for next week where he'll body us all and leave us behind in the rekkage (sorry) of his Kobu Jutsu Tanya.

Here's your top 3 for this week:
1st. Youphemism (Special Forces Sonya / Cybernetic Kano / Tempest Kung Lao)
2nd. Nausea (Spectral Ermac)
3rd. Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah)

From left to right: Nausea, Youphemism, Azarath

Commiserations to:
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana)
Ricey (Hellfire Scorpion)
Scott the Scot (Balanced Kenshi / Dragon's Fire Liu Kang)
Rocket (Inferno Scorpion)
Rareqq (War God/Sun God Kotal Kahn)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow7

Unfortunately most of the archive did not save and so all we have is Loser's Semis, Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals and Grand Finals. Hopefully the sloppy play is not too much of a problem, enjoy nonetheless :p

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can because it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central then get another to High Street, MaxXP is just round the corner! Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

Also congratulations to Azarath for his second top 3! Will he continue his luck next week? Will Bigfool's return mark the end of everything non-Kobu Jutsu? Will Suleymon's return see a sole Tremor main make top 3 for the first week? Will the sacred triangle of myself beating Nausea, Nausea beating Bigfool and Bigfool beating me ever end?! Find out next time as we go into our eighth week of Glasgow Kombat!

@Nausea
@Scott The Scot
@Azxrath.
@SuperJohn
@Rocket
@Rearawt
@BigFool
@Red King
@VSTheJanitor
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@Hollywood DMS

Attachments

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
May as well pop off for no reason...

Ayyyyyyyyyy lmaooooo stay free bitches, hold this dick 'til next week :cool: Jk ggs Glesga boiz