What's new

Youphemism (Various) Wins Glasgow Kombat #23

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well we have some good news and some bad news... The good news is we had the return of Magicmeerkatman this week! We hadn't seen him since Hypespotting but he came back this week to show his Cyber Sub was still in good shape. The bad news is that during losers finals we had an unexpected power outage resulting in the loss of most of the footage from this week :( We do still have two matches though, including the debut of Scott the Scot's Cybernetic and Orangutan's Lasher as well as grand finals!

Here's the results for GK #23:
1st. Youphemism (Shotgun Jacqui / Slasher Jason / Hollywood Cassie Cage / Bone Shaper Shinnok)
2nd. Nausea (Spectral/Mystic/MoS Ermac)
3rd. Orangutan (War God/Sun God Kotal Kahn / Flame Fist Liu Kang / Lasher Takeda / Swarm Queen D'Vorah)

From left to right: Nausea, Youphemism, Orangutan

Commiserations to:
Ricey (Full Auto Jacqui / Hellfire Scorpion)
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana)
Scott the Scot (A-List Johnny Cage / Cybernetic Kano)
Magicmeerkatman (Triborg: Cyber Sub Zero)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow23

We have a Twitter now! Follow us @glasgowkombat where we'll try and post updates live every Tuesday night to make up for not being able to stream right now :)

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can, it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here : http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central or Queen Street and one of us can meet you there. Or get a train to High Street if it's on your train route, MaxXP is just round the corner! If you need any help feel free to get in touch on the facebook group. Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

@Nausea @Scott The Scot @Azxrath. @Rocket @SuperJohn @Rustyb4nana @Shaikhuzzaman @Orangutan @Wigy @Red King @BigFool @Rearawt @Deakins @Hawfy @VSTheJanitor @TheOldHero @Juxtapose @JustinXavier21 @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @Tim Static

Attachments

Youphemism

Well done my dude @Youphemism keep rocking that Slasher.
I was thinking about bringing him out this week but I'm gonna work on him a little more and figure out which matchups I'd use him for, also need to 100% drill in reacting to conversions with optimal damage instead of improvisations. Once I've done that (which honestly shouldn't take too long) then you might get to see footage of it next time then criticise me until I get it really good :) However I did play Impostor this week :cool: (I played Bone Shaper too but I played terrible early on in the bracket tbh so just avoid that heh)

Well there's only two videos from GK#23 so it shouldn't take too long lol. I'm editing this week's footage just now ;)
It might though; life's still nuts for me right now.

I'll get there eventually!

Also, your Mileena didn't look too bad; you should give her a whirl more.

Youphemism

It might though; life's still nuts for me right now.

I'll get there eventually!

Also, your Mileena didn't look too bad; you should give her a whirl more.
Don't worry about it too much, the videos aren't going anywhere anytime soon :)

Thanks! I still have a bunch of stuff to work on with her though, and I'm optimizing other variations as it is so it might be a while before I go back to her.