What's new

Younger self intros.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm noticing something from watching videos in the internet and so far it's like this everytime.

Apparently when the skin belongs to the past version of a character, the intro dialogues change.

For example from seeing the intro dialogues from the stress beta, old Scorpion always have the wiser, more peaceful lines, while young Scorpion is clearly still under the gripe of the spirit of vengeance, for example not wanting to trust Kuai Liang or (read the spoiler):

Saying that he works for Kronika because she promised to restore his family and clan, which was always the theme for past Scorpion, always being manipulated with that hope.

I've also seen examples like this outside mirror matches, like young Johnny unadvertedly hitting on Cassie, something I haven't seen old Johnny do (and would be really gross).

In MKX revenants had different dialogues in specific situations and it's cool that now we're seeing this feature extended.

NRS puts the bar higher every game, when you calculate the number of permutations of dialogues between different characters it's crazy! (And so far, unlike in previous games I'm not seeing too many "generic responses that work for different lines").

I'm interested in seeing how Liu interacts with his current self.

Probably some Superman form the first Injustice kind of situation.

Reactions: Zev

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'm more interested in the non-mirror matches, I think I can foresee what most of the younger/older characters say to each other, all about loyalty, funny dialog or about being stupid.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think so, just look at Cassie's robosuit vs her normal suit, she looks older and it'll be really interesting if their dialogue changes based on that.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I'm interested in seeing how Liu interacts with his current self.

Probably some Superman form the first Injustice kind of situation.
CLK: You think you’re better than me?
OLK: You should have listened to Lord Raiden
CLK: Raiden is the reason I’m here, fool!
and
CLK: Who are you?
OLK: Lord Raiden told me about you
CLK: “Lord Raiden” huh?
and the last
CLK Go back to your time
OLK How did it you become so evil?
CLK You’re one bad day away from being me