What's new

You have to choose one new character from MK11 to return in MK12

Who should return in MK12?

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'm only counting the three new playable characters. Kronika is trash.

So one day Ed Boon wakes up and says "well', we're starting development on MK12. But only one new character from MK11 will make it to the game, and it's up to TYM users to decide which one."

----

I decided to make this thread after the new patch. So keep in mind their gameplay styles. Who do you think has actual potential to become better/more interesting? Who do you enjoy playing more?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Kollector, easily. I like his character and he's fun to play. Would like to see more of him being expanded upon, and hopefully some better designs in future games. I only really like one of his skins, tbh, but on the other hand, I think it is a really cool design!

Zviko

Noob
Kollector is the most interesting to me. The way he speaks and he's actually very fun to play. It would also make the most sense because they can do whatever they want with him while I can't imagine Cetrion and Geras without Kronika.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Considering Kronika is no more, it probably means Cetrion and Shinnok won't exist in the new era, and Geras would never be created either.

Geras. Hate fighting that character but I like his visual design. Think he's hella dull in terms of character traits and gives a strong Uncle Tom vibe mixed with a personality of the T-1000 but if they fix that, he's cool.
I like the time and sand shit, dunno why.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
100% Kollector. The potential for crazy moves in a later MK game with his endless bag is enough for me, plus he's an interesting design and also not related to Kronika which helps his chances.
I like Geras' powers but i hate everything else about him.
Cetrion is just a big nope from me.

nodq

wicked
Cetrion belongs into an Injustice game. If I had to name one character that is not MK like style it is Cetrion. She just does not fit at all into the MK universe.

I actually don't like any of those three. But if I had to choose. I pick Geras. Kollector is just boring and weird, but he fits the MK universe for sure. Geras has some style and fits MK too imho.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Cetrion. Im always down for more Gods.

Also they need to redeem her and not look like a chump.

But wouldnt mind Kollector either if you do something interesting with him.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
They're all utter dogshit.

BUT, if I had to then I'd bring back Kollector. He's the only one that really fits into the MK Universe, and I think that NRS could do interesting things with him if they revamped him somewhat.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Geras.
  1. His personality is nil, but it can be changed now that there's no more Kronika.
  2. His design as a character appeals to me as a Doomsday guy. The time wizard who's died a million deaths and always comes back reminds me of how Doomsday was created by being tortured and killed and brought back repeatedly.
  3. Part of me still thinks that he was Drahmin before Kronika claimed him.
Cetrion belongs in Injustice, plain and simple. Fallen Elder God Shinnok is one thing, but Fully Active And Empowered Elder God Cetrion is a bridge too far even by MK standards, and yet she still turned out to mostly be a jobber.
Kollector, badass design or not, adds nothing to the pile except being another Shao Kahn lackey punching bag like they turned Reptile and Ermac into in MKX.

Bring back Kung Jin.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I really don't like any of them (though I do have some fun playing Kollector) but I love time powers and would wanna see them do more with it, so Geras

Geras. His moveset is the most interesting and while it's a shame he's top tier by being a "do everything" character, he really does have some cool ideas that could be played with. Both in setups and time manipulation.

Kollector at least looks interesting but has a pretty boring moveset.

Cetrion is just snooze to me. Feels like they were trying to hit a content quota. She should in theory be much cooler than she is, but somehow the execution just falls flat.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Kollector because that way hopefully we don't need to deal with that stupid time travel story ever again.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Stuck between Geras and Kollector.

Geras has more interesting abilities with the time stuff. But I'm always down for another outworld designed character. Also think Kollector fits more and can actually have some merit in gameplay with all the tools and gadgets he could possibly use. But his story role as Shao Kahn's accountant is lame.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think from a character perspective... Geras would be the pick.. he is the coolest personality wise and voice and overall style. imo. Gameplay wise.. I prefer collector.

Geras I guess. It’s so weird how mk11 only had 3 new characters. Wouldn’t mind seeing new characters via DLC.
I think it was clear from MKx that people are much more interested in established characters than new ones. MKx got serious hate from parts of the fanbase for not bringing back their favs. In fact the MK11 roster is basically a compilation of all the wish list threads from MKx time.

MK11 has such a great roster. I think once all the DLC is out for kp2 it is probably the best roster we have had.

Even so I would like to have seen more new kombatants or maybe just more MKx returning. I mean Tekada or FeraTorr for example.