What's new

YOMI Michaelangelo Gives the Goods on INJ2 from the private GameStop Event in SRK Interview and more

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Last week during GameStop's Annual Expo in Anahiem, CA, @michaelangelo had some fun, okay A LOT of fun. He was invited out via Warner Bros to test out the newest version of INJ2. The convention was packed w/ 5,000+ folks including GameStop management and players.

Below is an interview done by Marcos Blanco via Shoryuken (SRK):

Marcos Blanco: First of all, it’s been a couple of months since you placed top eight at Evo 2016 for MKX for the first time. How did you feel about your placing and have you still been playing it seriously?

Michael Lerma: It was such a euphoric feeling standing on the Evo stage accepting a medal I had been dreaming of getting for a long time. I’m still training in MKX to prepare for SoCal Regionals 2016 and I expect to see many good friends and have a crazy time!

MB: IJ2 is on the horizon as NRS’ next big fighter. Do you feel it will replace MKX as your main fighting game of choice once it’s released? Did you play the first IJ seriously prior to MKX?

ML: I know the focus will shift to IJ2 because whenever a new fighting game comes out, that’s what people are paying attention to. I will still support MKX seeing as I’m a huge fan of the MK series. MkKis in my blood, literally! I have a tattoo of the damn game!

I did compete in the first IJ for a couple of months, but had to stop because life doesn’t always allow you to put the time that you would like into your passion.

MB: So you told me you were invited to GameStop Expo which took place last Wednesday to play the latest build of IJ2, along with some other well-known players. Can you describe the IJ2 event that went down, since there was no streamed footage of the event? Were there other players who got invited?

ML: Yes. I was personally invited by the good people over at WB Games. The event was f*****g nuts! 5,000+ GameStop managers were invited to this convention to see and test the latest games they will have in their stores. Bryant “Kitana Prime” Benzing was the other player who got invited to the event.

MB: What are you initial impressions of IJ2 so far? What are the major differences between the first game and this one, besides the new gear system? Does it change how you approach the game? Also, is there anything new that NRS has added to the game that they haven’t announced yet?

ML: My impression when I first picked up the game was not a shock. NRS improves with every new game they create and they definitely delivered with IJ2. The difference between IJGA and IJ2 is a whole lot! Better graphics, better walk speed, faster gameplay, more detailed quotes from the characters and better anti-airs which means you have to respect your opponent and not just jump in like a wild person.

There’s definitely new mechanics. The roll and air tech is a big one that will be a big part of your strategy. If they haven’t announced something new yet I don’t think I should say.

MB: Which characters did you play as, and were there any unannounced characters that you got to try out or are you not allowed to say?

ML: I played as... continue reading.
To anyone who may have not met Michaelangelo at an event yet... when you do see him at an event, be sure to introduce yourself and even get a pic w/ him. One of the nicest & coolest pro players in the NRS FGC!

Be sure to also check out a bit of the GameStop Expo via Michaelangelo's Facebook post!

Attachments

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
''better anti-airs which means you have to respect your opponent and not just jump in like a wild person.''

:D

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
First off, I'm not trying to start anything ( I know how these things go when someone reads something in the wrong way), I'm just trying get an answer. . .

My question is : Why did SRK do the interview & not TYM?

Also pretty happy NRS is listening to the community :)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
First off, I'm not trying to start anything ( I know how these things go when someone reads something in the wrong way), I'm just trying get an answer. . .

My question is : Why did SRK do the interview & not TYM?

Also pretty happy NRS is listening to the community :)
That is an extremely campus question considering how SRK generally doesn't give a fuck and usually shits on NRS games