What's new

General/Other - TriBorg XL Triborg General Discussion Thread

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
That's one crap story but I love it. They tried to explain Robo-Smoke's inclusion and it works.

However, doesn't this make them actually robots now instead of cyborgs? R.I.P. Cyborg Cyrax alt. from DA.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol cool. So Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax =all dead as we know but the body that downloaded their memories, files etc all combined in a way into triborg. I guess from a canon perspective, Cyber Sub is just a bonus for gameplay and Cyber Sub-Zero fanboy purposes. Interesting.:cool:

Lokheit

Noob
lol cool. So Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax =all dead as we know but the body that downloaded their memories, files etc all combined in a way into triborg. I guess from a canon perspective, Cyber Sub is just a bonus for gameplay and Cyber Sub-Zero fanboy purposes. Interesting.:cool:
Well, according to the bio, even if it doesn't mention Sub's data taking over, Tri-Borg has access to it so I guess it makes sense. More or less what I had in mind about explaining Smoke and Sub-Zero's powers being replicated, but it still makes the need of capturing Thomas and Kuai Liang a bit unnexistent when a test body would be able to replicate their powers using the data they had archived (unless they just saw them as extra bodies from that point and weren't interested on having the original templates of those powers around anymore).

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Can't wait to try him out, he looks so damn cool. Hopefully his gameplay clicks with me, because I would love to have his Smoke variation as a new main (Along with Slasher Jason and Leatherface of course)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, according to the bio, even if it doesn't mention Sub's data taking over, Tri-Borg has access to it so I guess it makes sense. More or less what I had in mind about explaining Smoke and Sub-Zero's powers being replicated, but it still makes the need of capturing Thomas and Kuai Liang a bit unnexistent when a test body would be able to replicate their powers using the data they had archived (unless they just saw them as extra bodies from that point and weren't interested on having the original templates of those powers around anymore).
Yeah I suppose that works too, I was just figuring in case someone asks why tri Borg yet has access to four cyber lin kuei but definitely makes sense, since he downloaded many lin kuei cyber initiative files which contained everything on the cyborgs. The conscious part would be limited with sub I think though since Kauai ling is alive, even though he did die then was brought back to his former self.

I could see tri Borg trying to fight sub zero in the future regarding the lin kuei. Interesting things they can do. As long as sub doesnt die again im fine lol.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
yo this character -- im in love .
like smoke and sektor right now are :REO
i havent even tried cyrax or cyber sub yet

thekablamster

It's good to be green (uses orange lantern skin)
Best combo for cyrax I could come up with so far is 111, bf1, dd2, f34, njp, b2, f43, db4

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm loving sektor I think he might be my new main. I've been trying to work on some up rocket setups so far I just have ending combo in 212 up rocket.

I should have taken off work tmrw lol

protools27

Rebel without a scene
F2 right now is listed as a high in the movelist, but a mid in the game. Set op to crouch block and it connects. May not be a big deal but wanted to get the info out

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
F2 right now is listed as a high in the movelist, but a mid in the game. Set op to crouch block and it connects. May not be a big deal but wanted to get the info out
Set the AI to neutral duck (crouch not blocking) and it should whiff.

P3irce

Noob
I'm not sure if this intended but sektors up missile on block only hits once, the other missiles just go through opponent

Redux

Ex Phase
Purple smoke alternate color made me want to use him as soon as I saw it. God damn that alt color is good

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Set the AI to neutral duck (crouch not blocking) and it should whiff.
Just tested it on a ducking non blocking AI and it still hits. Movelist says F2 is a high but in practice it shows as a mid and hits a crouching, non-blocking opponent

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Well since they aren't blocking three missiles hit so I'm gonna assume yes
I assumed this as well, but when I tried testing out if it breaks armor using setups I discovered his missiles can only hit a blocking or armored opponent one time only. It doesn't matter if they stand still in armor like with sub-zero ice burst, the other 2 missiles cannot hit if the first missile is blocked or armored. He can still very easily break any armor by using a normal with the missiles though.