What's new

General/Other - Leatherface XL The LeatherRealm - Leatherface General Discussion Thread

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Killer is pretty much the same. Since his bad matchups were nerfed & the fear of armoured launchers in unblockable set-ups are nearly eliminated, he's become really solid.

Not really much else to say, he struggles a bit against dedicated zoners but once he's in it's tough to keep him out.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
The addition of double armor on db1 and bs3 is HUGE for Killer. He now has functional armored reversals and wake-ups that put him in an advantageous position. You can move in for an anti-wake up mix up, or hang back and take advantage of his range. Either way you are set up for doing serious damage after breaking out of a flurry.

The worst thing that could happen to Killer was to get wrapped up in pressure in the corner, but now that almost can't happen. The universal buff to defense helps Killer so much because defense was his key weakness.

Kitana is such a pain in every variation now, though. A fast zoner with a full screen double armor rush in? Uggg...

Dre_Kang

Blah
I haven't touched Killer before the update but I would like to say he is fun to play with and I find that if you are very aggressive and change up what you use with BS it can be frustrating for the opponent! I've also found if you can pull it off quick enough, 2 outta BS at sweep distance catches people off guard a lot, in a sense becomes an anti air and makes it possible to open up a full 122 string to continue the onslaught! Just my 2 cents

Be gentle with my guys but I'm pretty new to this game but I've really been enjoying Butcher. I want to focus my attention on one character variation until I- learn how to play the game. My only other fighter experience comes from SSBM. Please don't hate me for that. My question is: is Killer really that much better than Butcher that I should switch now, or should I stay the course and develop the Butch. I get that Base LF loves 50/50s, I do too. I'm just wondering if Killer really is tons better than Butcher.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Be gentle with my guys but I'm pretty new to this game but I've really been enjoying Butcher. I want to focus my attention on one character variation until I- learn how to play the game. My only other fighter experience comes from SSBM. Please don't hate me for that. My question is: is Killer really that much better than Butcher that I should switch now, or should I stay the course and develop the Butch. I get that Base LF loves 50/50s, I do too. I'm just wondering if Killer really is tons better than Butcher.
First off if anyone here hates on you for being from Melee, fuck them, Melee is no picnic and you shouldn't be worried about people thinking less of you for that game. Secondly welcome to the Leatherface community I feel like we're pretty nice. Thirdly Killer is definitely better than Butcher but if you truly like playing Butcher then stick with him. He isn't easy but he feels super good (he's my main too) if you need help with Butcher be sure to check my guide and ask me any questions you may have. I'm sure I'll have answers. Good luck!