What's new

General/Other - Tarkatan XL Tarkatan Alien Discussion Thread

Tweedy

Noob
They were way too harsh with the hit advantage on pounce. No other character in the game is put in a 50/50 vs Scorpion, between teleport or backdash, when they knock them down lol.

Ending with flip is crucial now.

Tweedy

Noob
I feel like I've flipped the script a little on Paulo with this new "end combos with flip" adaptation lol.

Character is still cheeks in comparison to what it used to be, but we have stuff to work with here. Tarkatan is coming to SCR for another top 8, boys.

Tweedy

Noob
I still don't know what to do about combos that don't connect because of no rekka delays on hit. I guess we just gotta hold that shit. It's so bullshit. Our character is as unsafe as master of souls ermac, needs a bar for full combos, and sometimes they just don't work? Talk about worst risk/reward in the game free. I know that's what we get for the range that Alien has, but this really feels like an unintentional nerf.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
@Tweedy wanna run a set tonight? I personally have started playing more Acidic and War God over Tarkatan and I wanna see what new stuff you are doing.

Tweedy

Noob
@Tweedy wanna run a set tonight? I personally have started playing more Acidic and War God over Tarkatan and I wanna see what new stuff you are doing.
Not sure if i'll be on tonight. If you're on tomorrow or Thursday i'll be on at pretty much any time. Add "EXiLE_Tweedy" on psn.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Maybe I'm just not putting in enough effort but I don't think tarkatan is worth trying to make it work.
Here is how I view the character:
Pros: Alien as a base character has great footsies and good mixups, jump 2, basically just base Alien is good

Cons: low damage, extremely unsafe, lost a lot of combo capability because of no delay rekka

I only played him because he was broke and now this goes beyond that. I don't see any reason to pick him over acidic.