What's new

General/Other - Takeda XL Takeda General Discussion Thread

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
He hasn t changed since June the instant air tele is safe ish do it once to test their reaction If they can punish it don t use it with ronin it s better to hit confirm and to decide then what you want to do
Ronin doesn't get the teleport.

Misky

I think Lasher has more to do with the corner game, which all the other variations are also good at. Just Lasher seems to do it better.
(It has been discussed for making quick phase universal :DOGE)
SR Covers his matchups where you need to get around zoning, kitana etc.

Ronin i find good versus strong rushdown characters that control space well, like d'vora.

Lasher i don't get, hes already great at space control, so why give up teleport or insane normals for slightly better space control
As well as what I said above this I forgot one thing, Lasher's greatest and highly underestimated tool imo is really his jumping in/out f2 + 1. It's beautiful and allows so much better spacing control than any of his other variations.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Lasher is amazing man, you have much faster wake ups that you do on Shirai as well as much more range on them and better mix ups. You'd just have to play around with it the really get it, most people don't.
I think I'll check out lasher first. Ronin I'd kinda odd to play with and S.R. has gaps everywhere

Misky

I think I'll check out lasher first. Ronin I'd kinda odd to play with and S.R. has gaps everywhere
Yeah Ronin is definitely the hardest one to learn, quite a unique one in the cast. Shirai the easiest but plenty of weaknesses in comparison to the other two. Lasher is fairly easy to learn but the inputs and combos aren't his hard parts, just finding that perfect distance is the trick :)

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Your main strings have no gaps in Lasher for example b12 whip trip b1 whip trip f112+4 whip trip at any point
You mean B2.
I know all that. I'm saying if you do the same strings in SR that are in Lasher, they will have the same gaps. There are times you want to end in kunai and depending on when you end with it in Lasher, it will have gaps, same as in SR. F1, 2, 2+4, (first hit)~any kunai there's a gap. You cannot make that safe with by tele-cancelling like in SR. B2 or B2, 1~any kunai there's a gap. B3~any kunai there's a gap (max range for these moves you're better off with Whip trip). Pretty much if they have meter they can armor or backdash if they know the kunai is coming unless you finish the f1 string into close kunai. The mid kunai will hit a back dash.

Not really trying to argue, was just making sure to point out that those gaps don't magically disappear. That's all.

I've been looking around but I can't find this, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough? At long range I understand B21xxKunai is a good way to pressure the opponent, but another thing I was thinking of was B21xxTornado. I don't see this a lot, but I've been playing around with it and at any range, B21xxTornado is guaranteed on hit while none of Takeda's other strings (that don't launch) reliably do afaik. And on block, normal Tornado is -6 and thus super safe, only issue is you're in their face now and you've given up your turn (the other issue is you can get beat out of the Tornado but if you EX then the armor should keep you safe).

B21xxEX Tornado can lead to an easy 38% or very good corner carry and a hard knockdown for 30%, plus it's safer on block if you dial-in than FF or Spear. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've been looking around but I can't find this, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough? At long range I understand B21xxKunai is a good way to pressure the opponent, but another thing I was thinking of was B21xxTornado. I don't see this a lot, but I've been playing around with it and at any range, B21xxTornado is guaranteed on hit while none of Takeda's other strings (that don't launch) reliably do afaik. And on block, normal Tornado is -6 and thus super safe, only issue is you're in their face now and you've given up your turn (the other issue is you can get beat out of the Tornado but if you EX then the armor should keep you safe).

B21xxEX Tornado can lead to an easy 38% or very good corner carry and a hard knockdown for 30%, plus it's safer on block if you dial-in than FF or Spear. Am I just looking in the wrong places?
Ex Tornado is unsafe though, but yeah it's a good option. I sometimes just go into spear to see if my enemy knows they can punish it. Most of the time I just end with Kunai because it's easier.

Ex Tornado is unsafe though, but yeah it's a good option. I sometimes just go into spear to see if my enemy knows they can punish it. Most of the time I just end with Kunai because it's easier.
I find myself trying to hit-confirm (hit-confirming off B21 is super hard for me though) and then either doing Tornado or not because I can't for the life of me hit-confirm into either a teleport cancel or an EX Tornado depending on if I hit or not. Kunai is def easier though and puts on pressure, but if I can get the hit-confirm down I just go straight into the Tornado.

Which brings me to the question, is B21 hit-confirmable or is it just way too hard?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
b21 exbf4 is actually really good. if you confirm off the b21 its actually one one of his more damaging ex moves at the start of combos. i think @Pleasa made a few vids on this a while back..

also in the corner i use ex bf4 as a perfect escape. (standing or after im knockdown .) it has been working wonders imo. its can be risky but usually it works great on ppl who can break ex tele or ex flurry armor.
also if you land a hit confirming into comb is pretty easy also. b21, f12 , etc.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I find myself trying to hit-confirm (hit-confirming off B21 is super hard for me though) and then either doing Tornado or not because I can't for the life of me hit-confirm into either a teleport cancel or an EX Tornado depending on if I hit or not. Kunai is def easier though and puts on pressure, but if I can get the hit-confirm down I just go straight into the Tornado.

Which brings me to the question, is B21 hit-confirmable or is it just way too hard?
b21 is hit conformable but it does take some getting used to and tbh i dont think anyone gets it every time in the heat of battle.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
b21 exbf4 is actually really good. if you confirm off the b21 its actually one one of his more damaging ex moves at the start of combos. i think @Pleasa made a few vids on this a while back..

also in the corner i use ex bf4 as a perfect escape. (standing or after im knockdown .) it has been working wonders imo. its can be risky but usually it works great on ppl who can break ex tele or ex flurry armor.
also if you land a hit confirming into comb is pretty easy also. b21, f12 , etc.
How does it not get broken in the corner?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
How does it not get broken in the corner?
a lot of time since of the trajectory- you only get hit once. now , you dont make it out free everytime, but id say a good 85% i wont get armor broken.

you just gotta kinda feel out the right times you use it.. use your judgment to see if the risk of getting broken is worth it.
sometimes i find its just worth meter burning the interactable instead , sometimes its just better to delay wake up.

but it actually does get me out of a lot of problematic situations and if you convert off it its easily in the 30s damage wise. and another thing is that it can make people think about bullying Takeda in the corner which i think sometimes, just making people think twice about something that normally would RIP takeda- is enough to shift the momentum to turn the match .

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
a lot of time since of the trajectory- you only get hit once. now , you dont make it out free everytime, but id say a good 85% i wont get armor broken.

you just gotta kinda feel out the right times you use it.. use your judgment to see if the risk of getting broken is worth it.
sometimes i find its just worth meter burning the interactable instead , sometimes its just better to delay wake up.

but it actually does get me out of a lot of problematic situations and if you convert off it its easily in the 30s damage wise. and another thing is that it can make people think about bullying Takeda in the corner which i think sometimes, just making people think twice about something that normally would RIP takeda- is enough to shift the momentum to turn the match .
Worth a shot to put into my game. I'm assuming you use close exflip. Does far exflip work as get out of the corner move in general?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
one prob with this is that aside from doing the close one - sometimes when you try to do the mid or the far
Worth a shot to put into my game. I'm assuming you use close exflip. Does far exflip work as get out of the corner move in general?
most of the time its close but sometimes ill use mid to just escape.

only prob with the far is sometimes depending on the opponents actions youll get mid instead. this happens mid screen also..

maybe this is just me but idunno- ive tried messing around with the controller settings but it still happens

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
This happens because the soul ball and ice ball are still active and Takeda teleported into it. The same thing would happen for any projectile like Reptiles Acid Ball.
Really hate that interaction. It makes sense when I think about it seriously but doesn't make it any less frustrating.