What's new

General/Other - Konjurer XL Konjurer (Praetorian) Alien Discussion Thread

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
im working on contributing to the konjurer guide once im 100% finished with the Acidic one folks. Be sure to check it out!!

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I'm posting this in the video thread as well but I'm only interested in playing Konjurer so I figured I might as well throw it here too.

This is maybe 5 or 6 hours of practicing with Konjurer, and the first time taking it online (I did run some offline games but I never recorded those). I'm just looking for general tips and feedback, I'm still getting familiar with the character (I haven't seriously played any character other than F/T since launch so its taking me a minute to adjust), so I miss a looooooot of punish opportunities (which you will hear when I notice :p), dropped conversions, and general brain fartery that costs me a few games.

Alien Scream

On hit: The normal Tail Flip is programmed to not allow the opponent to be comboed during the hitstun. The Ovomorph hits during the hitstun, and because of the "cannot combo during Tail Flip hitstun" programming, the opponent is able to block it. The Xenomorph is unaffected by what happens, so he/she/it continues in the natural recovery frames of the Tail Flip.

On block: The Tail Flip is not acting like it whiffed; the Ovomorph is overriding the blockstun of the Tail Flip. Whatever attack hits/is blocked last is the hit/blockstun that the opponent has to deal with. The hit/blockstun of attacks do not stack on top of each other. That's how the game was made.

That might involve making the Ovomorph not connect while the opponent is in hitstun, which I believe would be an overall nerf to Konjurer. Well, they could also alter the normal Tail Flip to allow the opponent to be comboed afterwards, but I don't think Mr. Garcia would wanna do that. The Tail Flip might have that programming so that the Xenomorph doesn't get a free combo from Tail Flip after trading against an opponent's attack or something.

For now, that particular Ovomorph set-up should probably be strayed away from, or adjusted to accomodate for the game design. :/
If only NRS explained game mechanics as clearly as this, there would be a lot less disillusionment in the community.

It seems like Konjurer's egg setup can be made completely safe. The only exception I've been able to find is Reptile's slide after blocking f4~sweep. Has anyone found a legit punish for this setup, or is it basically safe?

New here but wondering if anyone knew the frame advantage of 112-db1, it seems like its only plus 10. if so how are you guys guaranteeing mixups after egg setups cuz it seems like he's not able to.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
New here but wondering if anyone knew the frame advantage of 112-db1, it seems like its only plus 10. if so how are you guys guaranteeing mixups after egg setups cuz it seems like he's not able to.
You can't exactly "guarantee" a mixup after planting the egg. You gotta make a read on what they will do on wakeup but the risk is in your favor, definitely

can we talk Triborg matchup for a minute? How do you stop his pressure? It feels like its never your turn.
Use d1 to low profile his 1, f1, duck under 3 in f43 and if he does 1112 or. 114 mash armor after second and third hit, the game will allow you to do your move if theres a gap but you need to practice it a bit in training mode.
What about when facing Cyrax... is there anything that can be done about that bomb~b3d4u3 hardtoblockable?
Can it be armored through with ex Pounce at some point or is the only option to fuzzy guard it?

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
What about when facing Cyrax... is there anything that can be done about that bomb~b3d4u3 hardtoblockable?
Can it be armored through with ex Pounce at some point or is the only option to fuzzy guard it?
If you block the the whole string with the bomb you can punish him, other than that jumping will mess up the launch of the bomb but if they're smart they'll adapt to AA you

P3irce

Noob
Been doing a decent amount of labbing and honestly feel konjurer isn't too bad. Aliens normals and mixups are fantastic to begin with. Add konjurer's egg setups / drone and the character seems really underrated

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
So I'm assuming that if you have a choice, 112 is a far better ender than f134 as an egg set-up?

ArmedCalf

I use both. The nice thing about 112 is that it's a hard knock down (meaning that they can't roll away)
It makes sense! I think I'm gonna dedicate my time at the moment to figuring out his HTB shenanigans. Either that or explore the egg set-up tricks. I like the tech that Scar was doing where you can like hit them with the facehugger and then dash them like 7-8 times before you throw out another egg.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It makes sense! I think I'm gonna dedicate my time at the moment to figuring out his HTB shenanigans. Either that or explore the egg set-up tricks. I like the tech that Scar was doing where you can like hit them with the facehugger and then dash them like 7-8 times before you throw out another egg.
yo my boy playing KONJURER now?

ArmedCalf

Just playing for fun lately, it's a good time.

Been messing around with this variation. If this character gets to play his game for a whole match, he's insanely insanely strong. Some of it's a gimmick, but a good portion of it is just genuinely hard to block lol. I wish people explored this variation more during the game's actual life.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I found some broken shit. Here ya go, guys. 50/50 corpse hop loops. Throw/egg at the same time triggers corpse hop. Mix this in with your gameplay and cash out with bigger damage where necessary.