What's new

General/Other - Dragon Breath XL Dragon Breath Discussion Thread

Here's a fun game to play while playing/watching Bo, Everytime he farts, take a shot. I'm pretty sure someones got the guts for it!

Overall, Bo Rai Cho in this game is pretty amazing. All variations are unique but dragons breath is very simple yet damaging which makes it very accessible. Especially that anti air special. How do you people find Bos dragon breath variation?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is the variation I plan on putting the most time into. I definitely feel it will be the best of all 3, although I'm a bit concerned about what everyone is saying about all the gaps in his strings. Can't wait to get home and try out this fat bastard.

AeWhole

Noob
There's a problem with his DB1 if your opponent is neutral ducked it doesn't launch as high. Unless you EX it. It's only a real problem if you have them in the corner.

Midscreen meterless 50/50 combos are a real problem though. You seem to need a string that knockdowns to setup farts.

Also the B3 and F3 might be the slowest 50/50 startups in the game... They have good range though.

My prediction is that this variation will have the most viable and high damaging combos. Lot's of interesting stuff to do with his firepit and crop duster.

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana

Fist Flurry special restands the opponent if done during juggles. During the special itself your opponent will be on the ground throughout the entire animation and thanks to that your opponent gets hit by Ground Fire all this time while Bo' Rai Cho is performing his drunken fist combo. Drunken Fist's (normal version of Fist Flurry) animation isn't lasting that long and final hit launches your opponent into the air and because of that he misses few hits from Ground Fire, but it is still good to use if you already did a setup for Ground Fire and don't have a meter for Fist Flurry.

Fist Flurry + Ground Fire in the corner can lead to a great damage.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How are you guys going about landing a hit with Bo. I'm labbing this variation and I had some ideas for but his wonky animations and odd frame data make it hard. Nothing really pops to me to use before actually scoring a hit.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Not trying to start a buff wishlist but I was thinking it'd be cool if DB Bo's EX straight breath could eat projectiles. Maybe make it dissipate after a certain amount. But it'd be a nice use of meter to aid in his zoning struggles. Then be this decision making between EX fireball, armor, EX gas. EX ground fire. EX stomp. All for different purposes.

And about his armor anyone else feel like you have to be too close to get ex belly to "work"? I mean you can still use it to get through your opponent's better pokes and switch sides. But it just seems weird that with odd frames and such he doesn't have a clean way to handle projectiles for a bar.

Liu93

Noob
The thing im worried about is the fastest normal that's not a down poke or uppercut is 10frame and theres gaps in a lot of strings such as B233 and 41
the rest of this variation/character I love but i think there should be at least 1 8frame move.
(Bo Rai Cho has a 10frame high as fastest normal(not including down pokes) when Leatherface has an advancing 7frame normal and 8frame pop up string starter)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The thing im worried about is the fastest normal that's not a down poke or uppercut is 10frame and theres gaps in a lot of strings such as B233 and 41
the rest of this variation/character I love but i think there should be at least 1 8frame move.
(Bo Rai Cho has a 10frame high as fastest normal(not including down pokes) when Leatherface has an advancing 7frame normal and 8frame pop up string starter)
F1 is 8f startup. But I would definitely like B2 to come out quicker. Among some other stuff.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Guys, we can safely setup df1 in the corner after db3 hit opponent in the air. Example on video:
Plus, on this video you can see that every combo starter that can be canceled into db1 can be extended into really nice meterless combo (39-43% on video, for example)

InFlames

dead
EX DF1 has more recovery with the new patch. You can't punish your opponent for trying to backdash out of his just frame reset now, so that's gone.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
you can make up fire spit +4 on block after certain strings and normals, b1 seems to be the most consistent and prob the only one that jails

rip this thread tho
Isn't this a pretty big deal? Surprised no one has paid much attention to this. 111 into db1 seems to also be pretty plus but depending on the character sometimes it whiffs, sometimes it doesn't. If only he had the mids to enforce this shit, he'd be so crazy.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Those explosive fart combos bring more hype than even Blood God combos :)

Also, does anyone know how much plus are these explosions on block? Or they have the same framedata as ex-db4?

Chitter

Noob
There is a secret brutality with "Fire Spit" in the dragons breath variation. Just have to end with the move and opponent needs to be standing.

My apologies if it's already known.

Last edited:

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Potential?
The fireball allows you to link b2 into regular fart and break armor.

I realize this setup is only useful near the corner and gets mopped up by tech rolls but either way they have a big ass fireball coming at them so they are either gonna have to block and hold whatever pressure comes next or eat that 10%.