What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero XL Cyber Sub-Zero Discussion Thread

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
It's funny, but when I can get 30% consistently with a character, I'm like, it's okay. 27-29% though just makes me feel like, really? Lol. Of course, with the drone, he breaks into 30%, but since it scales mid-combo, it invalidates the purpose of doing it. What frustrates me is that you're usually calling drone for the next combo, not the one you're currently in, so it would be nice to drone mid combo without repercussion.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fix your spoilers from randomly duplicating, and it would be possible.
Not a good reason for not updating it, you could just not use spoilers like Shaik suggested or better yet you could learn to edit the RTF version of your post by clicking the icon at the top right of the part where you can edit posts and that way you'll be able to see why they're "randomly" duplicating ;)

If you're not going to put the effort into keeping the combo thread up to date please leave it to someone else who will :p

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Let me get this right. Cyrax got nothing. Smoke got a small bug fix and CSZ only got f13 iceball (that's still huge) but Sektor got buffed. Fucking Sektor got buffed. B1 was nerfed across the board for all borgs but B3 was buffed. And what the hell is slide and strike?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, CSZ is technically no variation so that change is listed in the generic section. There's no change for like all of them having it or something.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Hello guys!
I'm back into the game just now, like...last time I played MK9 and mained the three cyborgs.
So got the game now because I switched to PC as well in the meantime, and I simply didn't wanted to play, it had non of my favorites in it and we just got triborg. I'm very far behind in knowledge, but I'd like to make up for each, starting here, and I'd love some help from you guys.

So mk9 Cyber Sub were all about traps, and corner play for me that based on bomb timings and avoid hard knockdown if possible. I read that he is no longer capable of spitting out bombs at the end of combos if ice-ball is used or the opponent got frozen by a bomb at the "start" of a combo. That pretty much brakes how I played before, but I'm okay with changes. However seeing his damage output and compare it with others just reinforces the thought that he actually retained his old play style from 9.
So how does it works now? Must we take the risk of wake-ups if we want to set up the traps?

Every help is welcome. Thank you fellow Kombatants.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Hello guys!
I'm back into the game just now, like...last time I played MK9 and mained the three cyborgs.
So got the game now because I switched to PC as well in the meantime, and I simply didn't wanted to play, it had non of my favorites in it and we just got triborg. I'm very far behind in knowledge, but I'd like to make up for each, starting here, and I'd love some help from you guys.

So mk9 Cyber Sub were all about traps, and corner play for me that based on bomb timings and avoid hard knockdown if possible. I read that he is no longer capable of spitting out bombs at the end of combos if ice-ball is used or the opponent got frozen by a bomb at the "start" of a combo. That pretty much brakes how I played before, but I'm okay with changes. However seeing his damage output and compare it with others just reinforces the thought that he actually retained his old play style from 9.
So how does it works now? Must we take the risk of wake-ups if we want to set up the traps?

He is RIP, he is fun but he is once again RIP.
I miss him dearly.
The first nerfs were fine, the second lot we're OTT.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Hello guys!

Like Smoke, you can play CSZ either way. That is, sometimes you can just go for regular damage, which in this new meta is fine IMO--only a few percent lower than normal and with drone buff = or higher than normal. Or you can end your combos in hard knockdowns (generally, F2) and go for trap setups. The fact you can do either, combined with his mobility, make him a very versatile character.

I'd suggest you watch Reo play him on YouTube. It's mostly last patch, but his game plan hasn't changed a great deal. You just don't need to worry about opponent's wake ups as much, which just increases his vortex power, and you can punish moves with pushback with F13 now, instead of just being confined to 111 combos.

All the best with it!

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
He is RIP, he is fun but he is once again RIP.
I miss him dearly.
The first nerfs were fine, the second lot we're OTT.

I'm stubborn. The oath had the "In top tier and after mindless nerfs" part.
It means my question still stands, CSZ never got free wins. :3

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Like Smoke, you can play CSZ either way. That is, sometimes you can just go for regular damage, which in this new meta is fine IMO--only a few percent lower than normal and with drone buff = or higher than normal. Or you can end your combos in hard knockdowns (generally, F2) and go for trap setups. The fact you can do either, combined with his mobility, make him a very versatile character.

I'd suggest you watch Reo play him on YouTube. It's mostly last patch, but his game plan hasn't changed a great deal. You just don't need to worry about opponent's wake ups as much, which just increases his vortex power, and you can punish moves with pushback with F13 now, instead of just being confined to 111 combos.

All the best with it!

Okay, so I still have the trap options just have to make up my own "kata" again.
From what I see he just got more realized than he was in 9, but still seeing most comments on the forum people don't really understand him yet. He has more to it.

Thank you much for the help, I'm hitting the lab right on.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm stubborn. The oath had the "In top tier and after mindless nerfs" part.
It means my question still stands, CSZ never got free wins. :3
I get it, I would've stayed loyal with some nerfs i've never played for tiers but I had alot less fun when everything and anything good about CSZ got taken away :'(

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

1) Cyber Sub-Zero Corpse Hop works with ex-bomb also. Must do a throw into a bomb to allow a corpse hop setup.
2) MIDSCREEN Meaty B1 will successfully cancel into a non-enhanced iceball. Is this already known? I'm not a CSZ main.... Trying to learn him.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.

1) Cyber Sub-Zero Corpse Hop works with ex-bomb also. Must do a throw into a bomb to allow a corpse hop setup.
2) MIDSCREEN Meaty B1 will successfully cancel into a non-enhanced iceball. Is this already known? I'm not a CSZ main.... Trying to learn him.
I don't think it was because it was meaty, i think it was because Sub was getting up off the ground and was in a crouching animation. Iirc b1xice ball connects only on non-blocking crouching opponents, could be wrong though (haven't played in a while). Is it possible to test it again but have Sub crouch block on wake up?