What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Question: is aliens acid puddle better then Bo's Flame puddle he puts down in Dragon breath?

I like using it and ppl do get caught up in pressure to where they dont notice but it feels like it doesnt have the "edge" so to speak...

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Question: is aliens acid puddle better then Bo's Flame puddle he puts down in Dragon breath?

I like using it and ppl do get caught up in pressure to where they dont notice but it feels like it doesnt have the "edge" so to speak...
Bo's flame puddle scales damage for some dumb reason in combos, Aliens ADDS to it /:

BanTheTesters

Bo's flame puddle scales damage for some dumb reason in combos, Aliens ADDS to it /:
What? Dude are you serious? The least they could do is give him the combo damage...

EDIT: By the way i was playing against an acidic alien the other day..that match up is in Aliens favor correct?

BanTheTesters

Welcome, pull up a chair and have a drink.
Thanks! there's always time for Rice wine!

Regardless of the up hill battle with his MU's this character is indeed officially my main. Im competently dedicated to the character!

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
What? Dude are you serious? The least they could do is give him the combo damage...

EDIT: By the way i was playing against an acidic alien the other day..that match up is in Aliens favor correct?
If i remember correctly it is true i did the same exact combo with and without flame carpet and its about 1% or 2% difference.

As for mu against acidic i wouldn't know sadly i haven't played in weeks due to injury but i assume the zoning gives Bo a hard time

myri

Time Warrior
If i remember correctly it is true i did the same exact combo with and without flame carpet and its about 1% or 2% difference.

As for mu against acidic i wouldn't know sadly i haven't played in weeks due to injury but i assume the zoning gives Bo a hard time
1% more with ground flame and 2% if you do jump back then jip instead of ground flame.

e.g. b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, b233xxdb3 30%

b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, df1, b233xxdb3 31%

b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, ji2, b233xxdb3 32%

But ground flame will stack for a few percent with your guaranteed ex dd4 so that helps your setplay damage in the corner.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
1% more with ground flame and 2% if you do jump back then jip instead of ground flame.

e.g. b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, b233xxdb3 30%

b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, df1, b233xxdb3 31%

b12xxdb1, f1 (3rd hit)xxdb4, ji2, b233xxdb3 32%

But ground flame will stack for a few percent with your guaranteed ex dd4 so that helps your setplay damage in the corner.
After some testing it all depends on the starter

314 12xxdb4 b233xxdb3 30%

314 12xxdb4 df1 b233xxdb3 30%

314 12xxdb4 jp2 b233xxdb3 32%

314 12xxdb4 df1 jp2 b233xxdb3 31%

This is gonna be a bitch to optimize...

BanTheTesters

Ive actually been using Bos DB Flame pit a lot close to and out side of the corner...youd be surprised about how often opponents accidentally jump into it or forward string into it without noticing till later...

Hi, I have read like the first 6 pages and im still uncertain about a couple of things.
1) Can you combo into fart without the fart being ex?
2) what's his best variation?
3) Where would you rank him in mkxl? Top tier? Mid? Bottom?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hi, I have read like the first 6 pages and im still uncertain about a couple of things.
1. Yes, but you need to juggle into non EX fart. Do a launcher like 341 then do something like 12~fart.

2. Kind of still up in the air but most either say Dragon's Breath or Bartitsu. Personally I think it's matchup dependent, even DM has its place.

3. He's bottom ten for me, maybe even worse but I don't think the low tier is that bad honestly. Sometimes it feels like he's the worst character in the game; other times he feels overpowered. High highs and low lows.

kevkopdx

Noob
The intention wasn't to say Bo was good or anything tier related, it was just to show a good Bo Rai Cho player despite the character being good or not, but, whatever, carry on.
i think he is saying that it isnt a good Bo player but regardless of what he was saying- if the other player knew how to play against Bo, this video probably wouldnt have been posted here lol and that liu kang was horrid

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. You can only do juggles into normal fart, nothing on the ground combos into it. Only ex is comboable on the ground.
2. It's been pretty widely agreed to be Dragon's Breath at this point.
3. Bottom. His movement, risk reward and just move speed in general is kinda meh.
The intention wasn't to say Bo was good or anything tier related, it was just to show a good Bo Rai Cho player despite the character being good or not, but, whatever, carry on.
I didn't bring up tiers though so I don't know where that's coming from, my point was that you were saying he was a very good Bo and made very good use of his tools and I was saying it's easy to make it look that way when the other person doesn't know the matchup. Not saying Aura's Bo isn't good, it seems pretty solid, but he wasn't getting blown up for a lot.

BanTheTesters

3. Bottom. His movement, risk reward and just move speed in general is kinda meh.
2. I thought Boju or drunken master (while being the harder variation to learn) was his over all best variation due to it being able to counter projectiles, access to more moves etc regardless of throwing up being a downside?
3. Not meh... these tool compared to the rest of the cast are downright terrible lol

Youphemism

2. I thought Boju or drunken master (while being the harder variation to learn) was his over all best variation due to it being able to counter projectiles, access to more moves etc regardless of throwing up being a downside?
3. Not meh... these tool compared to the rest of the cast are downright terrible lol
Boju? You mean Bartitsu? Lol no chance. Drunken Master's puke and needing to be drunk to access his more powerful moves makes it worse too. Dragon's Breath has setplay and safety.
True haha

BanTheTesters

Boju? You mean Bartitsu? Lol no chance. Drunken Master's puke and needing to be drunk to access his more powerful moves makes it worse too. Dragon's Breath has setplay and safety.
Apologize, the hype this morning prevented me from spelling variations correctly haha.
Bartitsu Does give him some range and the ability to beat out some armor moves though so its not too bad for play...

Youphemism

Apologize, the hype this morning prevented me from spelling variations correctly haha.
Bartitsu Does give him some range and the ability to beat out some armor moves though so its not too bad for play...
Range doesn't matter when the speed is terrible, and armour breaking is pretty universal anyway. Plus he loses an 8 frame mid for an 11 frame high, easily the worst one.

Slymind

Noob
1. You can only do juggles into normal fart, nothing on the ground combos into it. Only ex is comboable on the ground.

I didn't bring up tiers though so I don't know where that's coming from, my point was that you were saying he was a very good Bo and made very good use of his tools and I was saying it's easy to make it look that way when the other person doesn't know the matchup. Not saying Aura's Bo isn't good, it seems pretty solid, but he wasn't getting blown up for a lot.
I think a good player will make a character look good regardless of who he is facing, unless it's some ridiculous one sided match where there is nothing to be done, which i believe it's not the case here.

Youphemism

I think a good player will make a character look good regardless of who he is facing, unless it's some ridiculous one sided match where there is nothing to be done, which i believe it's not the case here.
Right but we're talking about how good the character is, not the player. I'm not doubting Aura is a good player.

Slymind

Noob
Right but we're talking about how good the character is, not the player. I'm not doubting Aura is a good player.
That's why i mentioned back in my response that this wasn't about tiers, and it was just to share footage of a good Bo'Rai Cho and not trying to say Bo Rai Cho was good(or not) compared to the rest of the cast.

Wait, is bo rai cho's fart (regular not ex) safe on block? It says it's +1 on block so does that mean I can be close to my opponent and if I do it and they block I can't get punished right? Or am I wrong?