What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Oh man i played against a Kenshi, Alien and Mileena the other day with Bo...

Little did i know these match ups were a nightmare in the making...

BanTheTesters

Yeah dude. He's got a bunch of bad MUs. HQT Pred is possibly a 8-2 against Bart.
I believe i played against Pred AND an Erron Black with my DB Bo...

the #struggle is very strong with this character...no matter its been my way of life since injustice Joker...haha

I also noticed fart is a very good tool to kind of use when ppl are jumping or on the ground and not to close some times.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Fart is pretty gimmicky, you'll catch people with it once or twice but usually that's when they realize they can just back to back jump back the entire match and automatically win.

BanTheTesters

Fart is pretty gimmicky, you'll catch people with it once or twice but usually that's when they realize they can just back to back jump back the entire match and automatically win.
Ive noticed it sometimes catches ppl who like to press buttons every now and then though.

Yeah fart is good for people who are all about offense, but if it's a character like A-List cage, good luck getting fart out against him lmfao. He has so many tough matchups man

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Fart isn't always a gimmick. Characters with weak or no projectiles have to respect it. If Bo has life lead it's he who can keep backing up with farts and/or sumo stomp.

If you play Bartitsu F212~fart is also a damn good combo ender. Armor break for days.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yeah, I find killer Leatherface to be a matchup that actually isn't terrible. Bartitsu can actually take advantage of his range and establish a space control game.

BanTheTesters

I started to notice that most folks online will wait till you pick Bo then select a character that completely destroys his current variation options in their entirety...

Feelsbadman.jpeg

BanTheTesters

but if it's a character like A-List cage, good luck getting fart out against him lmfao. He has so many tough matchups man
I did in fact play a Johnny with Bo...indeed a meaty fart is quickly subdued by wake up shadow kick or whatever else the cage player feels like doing. Cage can pretty much play twister with his move set cause whatever it is itll most likely beat Bo out..it was not pretty at all..

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I started to notice that most folks online will wait till you pick Bo then select a character that completely destroys his current variation options in their entirety...

Feelsbadman.jpeg
I played a guy earlier today that started on mileena then went to smoke, and finally settled on kitana when I beat the first 2.

Kitana blows ass to fight too. She can get 3 breakers a round in some cases. I don't have the patience for her.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Im pretty hyped to be playing the character he is a ton of fun though!
He is so fun, don't know why but i can't get enough of him!

Hate when someone counter picks with a zoner. Like seriously where's the fun, get in have a decent match.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
oh Snap what variation were you? was it DM or?
I only play Bart. She'll throw like 40 fans before you get to her and that's not an exaggeration. I've gone over the MU with a fine tooth comb and it's just sucks. It's probably only 6-4 in kitanas favor but that's only because her offense is pretty straight forward and lacks bullshit.

The chase wears you out though. Eventually you make mistakes or jump when you shouldn't. Doesn't help of she knows Bo's gaps which she can blow up for full combo and reset her fan game.

Might be 7-3 on second thought. Haha.

BanTheTesters

Hate when someone counter picks with a zoner. Like seriously where's the fun, get in have a decent match.
Played an erron black gunslinger Variation with Bo in DB....

The full screen chase struggle was real that day :(

BanTheTesters

She'll throw like 40 fans before you get to her and that's not an exaggeration. I've gone over the MU with a fine tooth comb and it's just sucks. It's probably only 6-4 in kitanas favor but that's only because her offense is pretty straight forward and lacks bullshit.
I actually didnt even think of playing against a kitana in that MU till now...the horror..

How did your mileena match using Bo go? I had trouble cause i dont want to do anything meaty cause im afraid of watch up roll/tele kick etc...so i just stand there haha

BanTheTesters

Just wanted to say its very cool to see the Bo community welcome me with open arms! Love the discussions so far! You guys have been super active on the Bo side of the forum

Cant wait to start Repping the Bo community more on the vid side of things soon!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I actually didnt even think of playing against a kitana in that MU till now...the horror..

How did your mileena match using Bo go? I had trouble cause i dont want to do anything meaty cause im afraid of watch up roll/tele kick etc...so i just stand there haha
It definitely wasn't his main so it wasn't as bad. I beat him each match. In the neutral you can compete with her B1 with your F1 and that's her main tool. The zoning can be an issue though as she builds a lot of meter so breakers are an issue. Overall though I think it's possible the MU could end up being 5-5. I need to play better mileenas though.

In the corner you can end your combos with f212~fart and she absolutely can't wake up. I'm the corner she's yours.

BanTheTesters

Yeah Ahaha same here, but I play DM he has a little more tools to close the gap.
Playing DM would be the smart thing for me to do but i like to mess around and throw fire on the ground via DB.

You would be surprised how many ppl jump into it and proceed to continue their assault/combo string due to a late panic of finding out they ARE in fact taking (slow but minimal) damage from it lol

BanTheTesters

The zoning can be an issue though as she builds a lot of meter so breakers are an issue..
I cant remember who i played the other day but it was either her or triborg and yea they were building meter insanely fast and i was getting wake up/randomly X-rayed due to that fact...

Am i correct in that her roll can be blocked high and low?