What's new

General/Other - Bartitsu XL Bartitsu General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This thread will cover general discussion topics on Bo Rai Cho's Bartitsu variation. Discuss away!

KEEP ALL COMBO VIDEOS IN THE COMBO THREAD OR VIDEO THREAD, THIS IS FOR GENERAL TECH/STRATEGY/MATCHUP DISCUSSION. If you want to discuss the viability or the optimisation of combos for example then that's alright.

First thoughts: This characters has a ton of gaps. 41, B233, ALL hits of the F212 string, B14 except at max range, 341 I've found so far. And then he only has one safe special in DF2 (and ex fart I guess) but they're so slow that everything except F11, 3 and F3 cancelled into them have a gap.

Random miscellaneous tech I've found so far:
244, 34 and 121 cancelled into DB1 will catch people trying to armour through and break the armour. I've only tested it on Alien's pounce so far but it's pretty damn fast.
His F3 has the most cancel advantage on block at +29 so it will jail into more stuff.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This thread will cover general discussion topics on Bo Rai Cho's Bartitsu variation. Discuss away!

First thoughts: This characters has a ton of gaps. 41, B233, ALL hits of the F212 string and B14 except at max range I've found so far. And then he only has one safe special in DF2 but it's so slow that everything except F11 and 3 cancelled into it has a gap.

Random miscellaneous tech I've found so far: 244 and 34 cancelled into DB1 will catch people trying to armour through and break the armour. I've only tested it on Alien's pounce so far but it's pretty damn fast.
What is DF2 on block? -7? I think DB1 is -8 on block. Both are fairly decent ways to end a BRC's mostly punishable strings.

Also of note...Any string into Fart, or EX Fart can be punished with armor. Fucking gaps.

Youphemism

What is DF2 on block? -7? I think DB1 is -8 on block. Both are fairly decent ways to end a BRC's mostly punishable strings.

Also of note...Any string into Fart, or EX Fart can be punished with armor. Fucking gaps.
DF2 is -5, ex is -2. DB1 is -8 and has a tiny bit of pushback.

Actually if you check the OP you'll see there are only three things that jail into ex fart. Nothing he has has enough cancel advantage to jail into normal fart. There are even some you can literally full combo punish using normals.

Youphemism

Armoured options are EX DF1 and EX DF2, both knock down and only EX DF2 is safe. EX DF2 also has more range. They do 14% and 15% respectively.

Oh and fun fact: The second hit of EX DF2 whiffs at max range so don't throw it out or you could get full comboed.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
DF2 is -5, ex is -2. DB1 is -8 and has a tiny bit of pushback.

Actually if you check the OP you'll see there are only three things that jail into ex fart. Nothing he has has enough cancel advantage to jail into normal fart. There are even some you can literally full combo punish using normals.
Do you happen to know the chip on F11 and how fast F1 comes out? I'm just thinking about options after a restand. Being at +9, we have to have pressure options. Staggers with 1, 11, 1212 (unsafe unless cancelled), F11~fart, throw, etc. I dont think BRC is meant to mix you up after a restand with B3, or F3. Theyre so slow that you can duck block all day against BRC until you see B1 or F3.

Youphemism

Do you happen to know the chip on F11 and how fast F1 comes out? I'm just thinking about options after a restand. Being at +9, we have to have pressure options. Staggers with 1, 11, 1212 (unsafe unless cancelled), F11~fart, throw, etc. I dont think BRC is meant to mix you up after a restand with B3, or F3. Theyre so slow that you can duck block all day against BRC until you see B1 or F3.
F11 is 1.2% chip, F1 is an 11 frame high. After the restand he isn't guaranteed anything except pokes because he's only +9.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
It appears his most likely combo starter will be b14 which can be converted into db2 mb. Has a crap ton of damage

Youphemism

It appears his most likely combo starter will be b14 which can be converted into db2 mb. Has a crap ton of damage
I don't know about that, F11 might be better. B14 has too many problems right now to be his go-to starter.
You're going to get poked through this B14 often though. Or at least that was the trouble I was experience in my short time playing him.
I don't know about getting poked out of it, it's not THAT big a gap, but you'll probably get armoured yeah.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
You don't need to just use B14 and risk armor interrupts. You can still hit confirm B1 by itself then combo into either EX DB2 or Fart Cloud. Also, his F1 is SUCH a good move!!!

Im liking this variation the best thus far.
True, tho f1 iirc is a high so low profiling is likely

Youphemism

day one combo
less damaging but 28% restand

Something i've been working on..
Guys post those in the combo thread please, this is for general discussion on strategies and whatnot. If you are going to post combos post the notations also. And I'm pretty sure most of those are really not optimal.

Also Nereus that is a Dragon's Breath combo, not Bartitsu, so move that to the appropriate discussion please.