What's new

General/Other - Alien XL Alien General Discussion Thread

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
So has anyone found a matchup where they like Konjurer over Tarkatan/Acidic? I'm trying to find ways to make it work, but I'm not seeing much use for this variation. Maybe as an anti-zoner?

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I find Konjurer to do well against Kitana. The overhead drone and the egg prevent her from jumping. I haven't tried Tarkatan in this m/u but I don't think it be in his favour.

Just my opinion of course and it's open to interpretation.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I can see the drone being useful vs Kitana, but how do you set up the egg in neutral? Or do you solely summon it during combos?

TommyKing5

It's not a Queen. It's a Praetorian. Which is like the Queen's Royal guard. Xenomorphs who protect the Queen, and if the current queen dies, a Praetorian can molt to become the new Queen.

Last edited:

TommyKing5

I can see the drone being useful vs Kitana, but how do you set up the egg in neutral? Or do you solely summon it during combos?
I usually set it up after combos, sometimes after a successful overhead drone I can summon one too

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I don't see 112 punishes coming into play toon often in this MU. Kitana's EX Rising Fans, EX Throat Slice and EX Square Wave all seem to be punished more consistenly by F1. The EX Run in Assasins is super negative, so a B1 would work fine for max damage. Don't know much about mournful so I can't say, but I believe her EX glow kick is a high and safe.

D4 EX egg sounds interesting though, especially if you get them to respect d4 cancelled into other specials. Maybe allow you to use it even on block safely.

TommyKing5

The time I'd use 112 is punishing Bo's monkey flips. That move is punishable but everytime I've used f1 it doesn't punish. That's the only exception so far though.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
So in a nutshell,

Tarkatan = pressure, mix-ups, resets, corner carry, meter build
Acidic = zoning, resets, DoT
Konjurer = traps, set-ups, hard-to-blockables

Who does pretty well against Alien besides another Alien? I main Kotal and have a hard time with this mu because Aliens normals going over half screen negate that adv Kotal has. Alien also seems to have superior and safer mixups

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Who does pretty well against Alien besides another Alien? I main Kotal and have a hard time with this mu because Aliens normals going over half screen negate that adv Kotal has. Alien also seems to have superior and safer mixups
Kotal has a big advantage around his B1 range, everything Alien has that reaches that far is a lot slower. As for characters that do well against him, I don't know. I honestly think Kotal is his worst match up lol and possibly the only one he actually loses, Kotal checks the right boxes for beating Alien

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Kotal,Kitana,Kano,Cyber Sub,Sektor,Leatherface(Pretty Lady),HQT Pred,Buzzsaw/Tempest Lao,Shinnok,Mileena,and Liu Kang all do well against Alien.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Great! At this point, do you think Alien could pose a bigger threat than Kobu Jutsu Tanya?
possibly and only because of his range. I think most people are only concerned about his range. If he had these tools but had average range, he would not cause such a stir. But to be fair, tanya could deal with ANYONE In the cast and i just named a whole handful of characters that can flat out beat Alien. Tanya had a projectile that could loop u back into her rekkas and she was positive on hers. Once Alien is done with his rekkas, he can loop u back into it with a projectile. The only real threat of tanya 2.0 atm is Tarkatan. Acidic is really good but i don't think its Tanya bad.

possibly and only because of his range. I think most people are only concerned about his range. If he had these tools but had average range, he would not cause such a stir. But to be fair, tanya could deal with ANYONE In the cast and i just named a whole handful of characters that can flat out beat Alien. Tanya had a projectile that could loop u back into her rekkas and she was positive on hers. Once Alien is done with his rekkas, he can loop u back into it with a projectile. The only real threat of tanya 2.0 atm is Tarkatan. Acidic is really good but i don't think its Tanya bad.
Yeah Tarkatan is getting in my nerves. Kobu Jutsu needs to be buffed but not at its former level.