What's new

General/Other - Acidic XL Acidic Alien Discussion Thread

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I think 33 is pretty meh in the neutral when you have access to b3, f4 and f1 as footsie tools and offense starters.

For pressure, I've found s1 to be super good. 12 has a low, and once you condition them, 1 into OH flip gives you mixup potential. Plus you can stagger 1 into throws, D1 or into a 50/50 with b3/f4 if you get them to respect you.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I have a new, great tech but is character dependent and situational, so one has to know exactly in what situations it works before trying it.

Ending a combo with ExCrawl, 33xxacid blood will make the acid hit the opponent at the very last active frame, giving Alien enormous advantage, at the very least +22 since I am able to jail the opponent using b2 ( :D ) but is probably more, I suppose around 25f or so.
Any of Alien moves will jail easily, he gets guaranteed blockstrings and 50/50 attempts:

Hitting with f4xxEXCrawl or b3xxEXCrawl will give you the opportunity to recreate the same situation, so Alien can get a true vortex out of this.
I insist in saying that it will not work after every combo and against all the characters....test it in practice before trying it!
I think there is something weird about setting the AI to jump and testing situations using that. I would record alien doing the setup and use the other character to try and get out of it. Using things like backdash or armor and such. Just to be sure

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I think there is something weird about setting the AI to jump and testing situations using that. I would record alien doing the setup and use the other character to try and get out of it. Using things like backdash or armor and such. Just to be sure
I think my testings were alright, but I'll try what you said

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
I quite thoroughly tested the f23 xxx acid blood midscreen reset off ex krawl this way already, and found it to be at least +20, though possibly more. I recorded alien doing it all, then was hit grounded by both b3 and f4 when trying to jump out. To be sure I also tried to armor and backdash a fair bit too.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea the Acid Puddle restand after F23 guarantees a 50/50 on almost anybody. There may be some character specific hitboxes that need to be tested but I know for a fact it works on Ferra Torr, Cassie, Kitana, D'Vorah, Sub Zero, Alien and Triborg.

Israel

Noob
So guys, if ur opponent is like mileena...and you land a b2. What do use to combo with? I noticed that if they are crouch blocking, they float lower. Making the dash in combo very time stricted.

Infact there should be a good bnb after landing b2, assuming they are crouch blocking. U guys have any?

But chars like mileena are almost guarenteed to be safe after landing. Can u guys help me out? Thx.

Israel

Noob
Usually i do dash f23434 into whatever i like. However this is strict also. Any better guarenteed bnbs that better to use?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
So guys, if ur opponent is like mileena...and you land a b2. What do use to combo with? I noticed that if they are crouch blocking, they float lower. Making the dash in combo very time stricted.

Infact there should be a good bnb after landing b2, assuming they are crouch blocking. U guys have any?

But chars like mileena are almost guarenteed to be safe after landing. Can u guys help me out? Thx.
b3, f23434xx ender should work

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Any high level acidic gameplay? I'd like to see how they handle certain situations. The fight between Honeybee and Toxin is nice but since it was against Smoke (who has an uncountable amount of counterzoning options), I'd like to see something else.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Usually i do dash f23434 into whatever i like. However this is strict also. Any better guarenteed bnbs that better to use?
Yeah it can be harder to convert in that scenario. b2, b3 xx pounce is easier (20%), you lose 3% for not doing f23434 unfortunately.

That being said I usually spend a bar off this conversion: b2, b3 xx Ex Krawl, f134 xx pounce - 33%
Or the reset off krawl with f23 xx db4 for 26% into +21 or so. Using b3 after b2 is actually relatively optimal damage if you are doing a 1 bar conversion it seems.

In the corner I do b2, b11u4, u3, d1 xx db4 (or ex db4)

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I would like to know what everyone else's strategy is after landing a f1 and confirming into ex crawl. For example, my two main options are:

F134, EX Crawl, B11U4, F23, Acid Spray

F134, EX Crawl, F23 Acid Puddle

I like to do the second option whenever I have an extra bar so that the guaranteed 50/50 can go into a full combo if connected. I also do the second option vs characters acidic can't zone, like Kitana. Thoughts?

Israel

Noob
Yes sorry. B2, f23434xxender.
hm..ok thanks i will practice.

Yeah it can be harder to convert in that scenario. b2, b3 xx pounce is easier (20%), you lose 3% for not doing f23434 unfortunately.

That being said I usually spend a bar off this conversion: b2, b3 xx Ex Krawl, f134 xx pounce - 33%
Or the reset off krawl with f23 xx db4 for 26% into +21 or so. Using b3 after b2 is actually relatively optimal damage if you are doing a 1 bar conversion it seems.

In the corner I do b2, b11u4, u3, d1 xx db4 (or ex db4)
Im suprised u can land the b3 consecutively. I will try to master that also.
Man Alien is no easy character to master. Playing against characters like smoke, or anyone with speed, 1 wiff off of anything and they're going to punish you. And its easy to wiff with alien

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Any acidic mains on Xbox hit me up plz I'd like to get some real MU experience instead of just lab and seeing all the stuff you all are coming up with I definitely wanna get a feel for this MU.

Helmut

Noob
Anyone else have any luck with a good punish starter. I was playing a smoke and cyrax last night and trying to punish their teleports and the high from b11u4 misses smoke a lot and just knocked cyrax out of the air so I cant continue the combo. f134 is too slow? Maybe 113 into something? Acidic alien does not seem to be able to make people pay as hard for unsafe moves or it could just be I need to do something different.

Israel

Noob
Anyone else have any luck with a good punish starter. I was playing a smoke and cyrax last night and trying to punish their teleports and the high from b11u4 misses smoke a lot and just knocked cyrax out of the air so I cant continue the combo. f134 is too slow? Maybe 113 into something? Acidic alien does not seem to be able to make people pay as hard for unsafe moves or it could just be I need to do something different.
F134 works. Punishs like that u have to use.
Because b1 is high.

Helmut

Noob
F134 works. Punishs like that u have to use.
Because b1 is high.
Ok I will try using that more thanks for the tip. Wish he had some more useful strings for midscreen. Tried using f23434, but it doesnt seem that great. Just f134 into mix up seems to be his only way to attack midscreen.

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
I feel you. I wish he had some better go to strings as well. Its why i believe hes really hard to be good with. His speed on his moves make it critical that you do not miss. You have to really know what your doing to manage.

I wish his combos where more consistent. I can a good combo, then 5 seconds later i cant. So i just stick to simple stuff for the most part. But again that all goes back to the speed of his moves...

Helmut

Noob
I feel you. I wish he had some better go to strings as well. Its why i believe hes really hard to be good with. His speed on his moves make it critical that you do not miss. You have to really know what your doing to manage.

I wish his combos where more consistent. I can a good combo, then 5 seconds later i cant. So i just stick to simple stuff for the most part. But again that all goes back to the speed of his moves...
Yeah it definitely seems like this variation relies heavily on getting acid to connect either from the tail sting acid moves or the acid blood more than just straight up big combo damage like other characters midscreen. I had some success by staggering b11 acid blood and d1 acid blood on people when they try to get in on me then run in for a grab. I never found myself going for grabs all the time except with this character. The blood and the grabs seem to be where I get most of the damage. Got to keep practicing with him though since he is a lot of fun just so different than any of the other characters which is cool I guess.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Punishing Cyrax's EX teleport is pretty tough, especially since he switches sides and you can end up punishing with a normal you weren't expecting such as f1 vs b1. I've stuck with using d1 for now to guarantee something, and then continuing my pressure since Cyrax has no armor in the neutral.

I believe we will start using 1 as our main punisher as it's bigger hitbox helps with a lot of moves that have pushback. I only use B1 vs super punishable moves.