What's new

General/Other - Acidic XL Acidic Alien Discussion Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Is Acidic really his weakest variation? I've seen some of the corner setups and I just had to shower after all that filth. That damage is crazy..

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I strongly disagree that Acidic is Alien's weakest. To be completely honest, all of Alien's variations are 100% viable and each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. Each variation caters to different playstyles.

I've been trying to learn Acidic, having some difficulty coming from Tarkatan. Tarkatan has the safe rekka's and armoured rekka's to use as 'get off me' tool that Acidic doesn't have, and Konjurer can rely on the Ovomorph to keep the opponent blocking. I like Acidic's zoning and damage over time though. Might need to lab it more extensively over the weekend.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Nice, he should be using a faster reversal character, that i kinda missleading in a way but i guess it gets the point across... yeah those a pretty much is every situation combos
the reversal was just to move them out of the poison so that they didn't just sit there for another like 10%

Reactions: 14K
Is anyone willing to tell me all of his acidic bnbs? I tried looking but i just found mostly unoptimal combos. A pm or just a regular reply is fine.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Guys found a setup that makes EX Acid Blood Plus and Meaty on wake up:
rather keep them in the ex acid than meaty them away from the pool, probably best in corner.

Watched some alien matches and opponents just lamed him out even in acidic.

Is anyone willing to tell me all of his acidic bnbs? I tried looking but i just found mostly unoptimal combos. A pm or just a regular reply is fine.
This is what I've been doing:
f134 xx df3
f134 xx EX bf 4, b11u4, f13 xx db2f
EX bf 4, run f134 xx db2f
(corner) f134 xx EX bf 4, njp, u3, u3, d1 xx db4

The corner one is unoptimized, sorry. I guess you can get a string at the end there instead of just a d1 but honestly it's hard for me to even get the d1 consistently.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
In the corner, F134, EX BF4 into NJP doesn't work on females. The two corner combos I use with f1 are:

F13, EX BF4, NJP, U3, B11U4, D1, DB4

F134, EX BF4, U3, B11U4, D1, DB4

Also, if you are in a high pressure situation and feel like you won't hit the d1, I like to cut it short and just do B11 DB4 to guarantee the restand and acid tic damage.

This is what I've been doing:
f134 xx df3
f134 xx EX bf 4, b11u4, f13 xx db2f
EX bf 4, run f134 xx db2f
(corner) f134 xx EX bf 4, njp, u3, u3, d1 xx db4

The corner one is unoptimized, sorry. I guess you can get a string at the end there instead of just a d1 but honestly it's hard for me to even get the d1 consistently.
Thank you dude.

In the corner, F134, EX BF4 into NJP doesn't work on females. The two corner combos I use with f1 are:

F13, EX BF4, NJP, U3, B11U4, D1, DB4

F134, EX BF4, U3, B11U4, D1, DB4

Also, if you are in a high pressure situation and feel like you won't hit the d1, I like to cut it short and just do B11 DB4 to guarantee the restand and acid tic damage.
Thank you !

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
What have you guys been using on ji2 b11u4? Both meterless options and one bar options would be great. I've been doing:

ji2 b11u4 rc b11u4 f23 df3 for meterless

Now that I think about it for one bar probably ji2 f134 bf1EX b11u4 f23 df3 is probably the best option

ando1184

Noob
Has anyone noticed that the otg nerf that happened also applies to alien's dot spray at the end of juggles? I do t think anyone's discussed this, or at least I haven't read about it. But I was just working on bnb's and such and noticed that the tics go from .50 to .28 when the opponent is floating or on the ground. So I thought I'd ask?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Has anyone noticed that the otg nerf that happened also applies to alien's dot spray at the end of juggles? I do t think anyone's discussed this, or at least I haven't read about it. But I was just working on bnb's and such and noticed that the tics go from .50 to .28 when the opponent is floating or on the ground. So I thought I'd ask?
You are probably right the ticks are affected by the otg nerf I guess....I had never noticed this. Good find