What's new

General/Other - Acidic XL Acidic Alien Discussion Thread

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
This combo into setup looks great imho:

Alien gets good damage into guaranteed pressure afterwards, in the video you can see that d4 jails after the combo so we are at least +12. Depending on the distance in which it hits, Acid Blood can probably be as much as + 20 on hit imho

* I think we are actually more plus than +12 after my combo, got to test more

Slight run b1, s1, f1 and f2 are all guaranteed follow ups

Last edited:

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
You can use his acid spray after a forward or backward jumping 4 even if it whiffs. I don't understand the timing though, it seems strict. I didn't try the aerial flip special but I'd assume that works too if spray does.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Don't know if anyone has posted anything about it, but after ex acid puddle on hit the opponent has to tech the throw.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You can use his acid spray after a forward or backward jumping 4 even if it whiffs. I don't understand the timing though, it seems strict. I didn't try the aerial flip special but I'd assume that works too if spray does.
They both work. It isn't strict, it's a certain part of the jump where you can do the J4 and cancel on whiff into a special. Just mess around with it a little and you'll get the area of the jump it's allowed in no time.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't know if anyone has posted anything about it, but after ex acid puddle on hit the opponent has to tech the throw.
You're playing Acidic? :eek:

Yea they have to hold anything you do on pressure or throw break after EX Puddle hits. If you do a forward throw it's literally a free grab midscreen as no one in their right mind is gonna let themselves get reverse thrown for 19%. This is why his strings are all negative the way they are because if he did have + ones setups into staggers would be ridiculous.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You're playing Acidic? :eek:

Yea they have to hold anything you do on pressure or throw break after EX Puddle hits. If you do a forward throw it's literally a free grab midscreen as no one in their right mind is gonna let themselves get reverse thrown for 19%. This is why his strings are all negative the way they are because if he did have + ones setups into staggers would be ridiculous.
I'm just messing with him. I think he's the only DLC I may end up caring about.

And yeah it would be silly, but considering the 50/50 exists in a low risk/low reward form, the restand is crazy good as it's a safe 33/33/33 guess with the bar, or you can just go for max chip with f23434 flip.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

And yeah it would be silly, but considering the 50/50 exists in a low risk/low reward form, the restand is crazy good as it's a safe 33/33/33 guess with the bar, or you can just go for max chip with f23434 flip.
I've jumped ship to the Alien boat. The SQ D'Vorah/Cutt-Cyber Kano/SG Jacqui team had a good run, but Alien is where it's at now.

But only one thing-

considering the 50/50 exists in a low risk/low reward form
I won't go that far. If you get hit with his 1 bar 50/50 restand in the corner you're gonna lose a lot of health depending on what he does and be at disadvantage, if he has two bars GGs. Midscreen it isn't like that but you still get about 35% damage off a midscreen 50/50 for 1 bar, into a KD that gives you a free puddle drop. Meterless there's nothing from it though.

My chronic Kano downplay will be a far distant memory on the Alien Mothership lol. Character is the real deal.

Asodimazze

It's better to use f134 for blockstrings.
F134xxflip does 4,88 % chip and is a true blockstring, f23434xxflip does 4,08 % and has a gap before the special comes out

Asodimazze

I have a new, great tech but is character dependent and situational, so one has to know exactly in what situations it works before trying it.

Ending a combo with ExCrawl, 33xxacid blood will make the acid hit the opponent at the very last active frame, giving Alien enormous advantage, at the very least +22 since I am able to jail the opponent using b2 ( :D ) but is probably more, I suppose around 25f or so.
Any of Alien moves will jail easily, he gets guaranteed blockstrings and 50/50 attempts:

Hitting with f4xxEXCrawl or b3xxEXCrawl will give you the opportunity to recreate the same situation, so Alien can get a true vortex out of this.
I insist in saying that it will not work after every combo and against all the characters....test it in practice before trying it!

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've jumped ship to the Alien boat. The SQ D'Vorah/Cutt-Cyber Kano/SG Jacqui team had a good run, but Alien is where it's at now.
I'll always remember Kano. But these DLC chars feel good and are fun and so far I don't feel too handicapped. It's nice is it not? I'm digging Alien and still have much to flesh out with the char. Also much to my surprise Leatherface is stupid fun for some reason.

Noob
Man i love the alien, i have a blast playing him even if im losing 60% of my matchs atm considering how complicated his combos are online to get the right timings, but is anyone else really sad that his jump arc doesnt let him acid spit over high projectiles... i mean i know he is not enherantly a zoner its more about the set up but still its frustrating to try and jump over a projectile to get a spit and get hit in the legs constantly...

Asodimazze

Man i love the alien, i have a blast playing him even if im losing 60% of my matchs atm considering how complicated his combos are online to get the right timings, but is anyone else really sad that his jump arc doesnt let him acid spit over high projectiles... i mean i know he is not enherantly a zoner its more about the set up but still its frustrating to try and jump over a projectile to get a spit and get hit in the legs constantly...
Crawl goes under high projectiles, that should be enough to solve your problems

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
After Asodimazze pointed out how you can get far more + frames on hit with acid blood if it hits at later frames, I looked if it would affect frames on block in the same way. I found it works exactly the same, if you look at b3 xx acid blood on block at no range and do a jump test, it actually looks like it might be close to neutral. It also doesn't have a gap (edit: it seems to have an inconsistent gap?). However from further back, it will have a gap but be plus on block.

This is some very promising stuff, atm I've found 33 xx acid blood from no range will have a gap, but appears to be slightly plus on block. Ex acid blood does the same kind of thing, except it gives far more knockback. Anyway, the point it is that you should be able to make certain strings/normals safe while setting up acid pools (which are usually supposed to be -8 according to the frame data). I think there could be more stuff to be found with this.

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Has anyone found a way to use EX Acid Spray during pressure? While I know the frame data is wrong and we are not plus, it the safest special we have being somewhere around 0/+1.

If traning mode is not playing tricks on me, doing f13xxdb4 is safe against Lao's EXSpin but not against Reptile. Sometimes 1,2xxdb3 is also safe against Lao's ex Spin but I don't know what are the conditions. Also Lao block's 33 point blank you can do 33xdb2 and there's no gap and it's safe.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Has anyone found a way to use EX Acid Spray during pressure? While I know the frame data is wrong and we are not plus, it the safest special we have being somewhere around 0/+1.
Can you use long strings like F23434~EX Close spray for good chip and pressure? I actually haven't tried using it in block strings.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I'm pretty sure there's a gap betweem f23434 and every special cancel besides crawl, though I'll test it out.

Although F134 does more chip and has better cancel advantage, and starts up faster, EX Acid Spray definitely whiffs on the first hit.

I would like to point out that using his pokes with the tail migjt be crucial in the long turn. Using f3xxdb2, 33xxdb2, b3xxdb2 etc with d4xxdb2 being the most important one

Try it yourself guys, also jumping back with 4xxdb2 is a great zoning tool.

Asodimazze

I would like to point out that using his pokes with the tail migjt be crucial in the long turn. Using f3xxdb2, 33xxdb2, b3xxdb2 etc with d4xxdb2 being the most important one

Try it yourself guys, also jumping back with 4xxdb2 is a great zoning tool.
That's true, his tails moves into acid spray are super useful, but I didn't find any good use for 33xxdb2. I still don't know how to use this string in neutral :/

F4xxdb2 is great too