What's new

General/Other - Acidic XL Acidic Alien Discussion Thread

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Im going to make a video today with all the combos i found, gimme 2 secs just to make sure everything is air tight with this combo and ill post a quick notation, just so you guys can try it out until i get the video done
MKay

Noob
Ok so it has 1 frame gap between stuff hmm dont think its that big of a deal there are a number of ways you can garantee the followup block string if im looking at this correctly...
Notation:

J1 B11U4xxU3(anti air acid) B11U4xxB11 Acid puddle This gives you +11 on hit and it restands-
If you keep the opponent in the puddle until it runs out its 45% to do this after the restand just do a long string with startup of 11 or minus... i go for the 12 startup F23434 into acid puddle again... its a long string so it will keep them there

EDIT: ok hmm the F23434 makes the window to not get punished very small soooo i would tell you to be carefull or pick a faster string

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Ok so it has 1 frame gap between stuff hmm dont think its that big of a deal there are a number of ways you can garantee the followup block string if im looking at this correctly...
Notation:

J1 B11U4xxU3(anti air acid) B11U4xxB11 Acid puddle This gives you +11 on hit and it restands-
If you keep the opponent in the puddle until it runs out its 45% to do this after the restand just do a long string with startup of 11 or minus... i go for the 12 startup F23434 into acid puddle again... its a long string so it will keep them there
Ok lol it's the same combo I do. The acid puddle after the combo is not +11, it doens't even look +7...I tested it. Nothing is guaranteed after
The guaranteed damage you get is 29% + ticks, but it's surely a good setup

If you spend a bar you get this guaranteed though:

B11u4, u3, b11u4, b11EXacid blood, f134xxbf4 around 43-45%

Noob
Ok lol it's the same combo I do. The acid puddle after the combo is not +11, it doens't even look +7...I tested it. Nothing is guaranteed after
The guaranteed damage you get is 29% + ticks, but it's surely a good setup
Yeah thats what i just tested with a faster reversal character... and it is not +11 but you can still lock a lot of the cast with a faster string following the puddle honestly, and i think only teleporters can get out of the puddle for "free" most other reversals will keep them either stationary or just move them forward a tiny bit... not enouth for flee from the puddles range

EDIT: let me edit my post just so there aint missleading info in the page we dont want that

Asodimazze

Yeah thats what i just tested with a faster reversal character... and it is not +11 but you can still lock a lot of the cast with a faster string following the puddle honestly, and i think only teleporters can get out of the puddle for "free" most other reversals will keep them either stationary or just move them forward a tiny bit... not enouth for flee from the puddles range

EDIT: let me edit my post just so there aint missleading info in the page we dont want that
We should test how plus is Alien exactly, to see what options they have. Good stuff anyway

Noob
We should test how plus is Alien exactly, to see what options they have. Good stuff anyway
so let me see the "i shake my tail back and forth" (thats what im calling it lol) has a 12 frame startup but it was punished which if the string really was +11 on hit it would be impossivel because its a -1 frame diference... But i just tested that Reptile can punish B11 which is 11 frames can punish his D3 which is 9 but cant punish his D2 or D1 which are 7 frames start up

EDIT: it will be hard to calculate how much + we are actually at because its inconsistent depending on how high the opponent is in the combo... its seems it can range from +5 to +7 or 8 something like that...

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Can u special cancel F23434? I saw some combo notations where it was listed but couldn't do it :\

Asodimazze

Wonderchef made a nice video in which most of the combos we are describing are showed :

The b2 combo looks not good though, I'm pretty sure I landed b2, b11u4, f23xxacid spray. I'll check again later

Noob
Wonderchef made a nice video in which most of the combos we are describing are showed :

The b2 combo looks not good though, I'm pretty sure I landed b2, b11u4, f23xxacid spray. I'll check again later
Nice, he should be using a faster reversal character, that i kinda missleading in a way but i guess it gets the point across... yeah those a pretty much is every situation combos

Noob
)Can u explain when I have to do it? I have tried everything( or not coz I haven't done it :p) and mashing but nothing comes out.
dont try to mash.. you have to input it near the end of the tail strikes thats where the window is.. try to do the input for the string perfectly if you are pressing some stuff in there that you shouldnt be it might be burning your window for the cancel

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
It might be me pressing more buttons than I should coz doing it like kung laos 112121. Ty

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
It seems that his ex db4 restand allows grabs during the hit advantage (much like imposter restand)... this means you can't neutral duck or armor and so you have to tech the throw... right? Off the b11u4, u3, b11u4, b11 xx Ex db4 (that Asodimazze posted earlier) into a grab you get 33% + a 21% grab with the DoTs. They have to tech the grab, although it may be easier to tech throws by reacting now.

Jolt

Uprise
Is EX Spray really +9?? Seems to be barely plus. Like +3 or something. Anyone tested this?
That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem like it's +9, but I haven't been able to formally test. There's also a gap in the 2 hits from certain ranges

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem like it's +9, but I haven't been able to formally test. There's also a gap in the 2 hits from certain ranges
Yea I hate that. And it seems like the can be ducked to make it whiffs sometimes. I put cpu to a couple of fast reversals like Reptile Dash and Sub Slide and I'm 99% sure it is not +9 on block. Not negative, but maybe +2 or 3 at best I'm guessing at the moment.

Noob
Yea I hate that. And it seems like the can be ducked to make it whiffs sometimes. I put cpu to a couple of fast reversals like Reptile Dash and Sub Slide and I'm 99% sure it is not +9 on block. Not negative, but maybe +2 or 3 at best I'm guessing at the moment.
neither the spray nor the puddle are as + as the info int he sheet sugests =S they are like barely plus something like + 2 to 7 depending on how high they are