What's new

General/Other - Acidic XL Acidic Alien Discussion Thread

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Does the DoT effect still scale in a juggled or knockdown state?
U3 has damage scaling during his juggles. Its slight but it's there. I noticed it today. It brings each of the dot ticks on u3 from .25 down to about .17 on the corner combo I use which is b11u4, d1, NJP, u3, 33~acid blood. I believe it also scales the initial damage of u3 as well but I'm not entirely sure. You might want to add that as well Tee Jay.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
U3 has damage scaling during his juggles. Its slight but it's there. I noticed it today. It brings each of the dot ticks on u3 from .25 down to about .17 on the corner combo I use which is b11u4, d1, NJP, u3, 33~acid blood. I believe it also scales the initial damage of u3 as well but I'm not entirely sure. You might want to add that as well Tee Jay.
OK will do wen i get a chance to hop on the computer

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Does the DoT effect still scale in a juggled or knockdown state?
Acid blood doesnt scale any dot but the initial damage gets scaled if you end a combo with acid blood. I found that it always adds the initial damage plus 1% from the dot to the combo value. If you watch the combo damage you will watch it jump up twice. The first jump is the initial damage from acid blood, and the second will always be another 1% from the dot. So assuming you can keep them in the puddle it will do 9% in addition to your combo total since 1% is added into the combo total. We did our best to try to break all of it down in the acidic guide.

It should also be known that db4 causes alien 1% self damage and EXdb4 causes three instances of .5% so it totals 1.5% self damage.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Restand Vortex, is that a thing? 3,3xxAcid Blood works but is space dependent, opponent has to get hit in the air by acid blood at max distance possible to offer frame adv. for B3/F4/B2 follow ups. Has anyone got optimal midscreen restand vortex combos? With exBF4, can I do more damage than simply run cancel 3,3xxAcid Blood and still get the frame adv. for vortex??

x TeeJay o

Restand Vortex, is that a thing? 3,3xxAcid Blood works but is space dependent, opponent has to get hit in the air by acid blood at max distance possible to offer frame adv. for B3/F4/B2 follow ups. Has anyone got optimal midscreen restand vortex combos? With exBF4, can I do more damage than simply run cancel 3,3xxAcid Blood and still get the frame adv. for vortex??
Check the guide for acidic

Tweedy

Noob
I've been strictly a Tarkatan player since he came out, however, i'm looking to branch out to Acidic. Expect some questions, friends.

I see that @lookgirlitsteejay has a guide? I'll check that out.

x TeeJay o

I've been strictly a Tarkatan player since he came out, however, i'm looking to branch out to Acidic. Expect some questions, friends.

I see that @lookgirlitsteejay has a guide? I'll check that out.
yeah it's a pretty cool variation i was tarkatan day 1 but switched to konjurer. i dabble in acidic for fun from time to time though

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
question, how do i play this characters footsie game, i know his 50/50's are really strong, but his range being what it is, i know his whiff punish and baiting game is amazing as well. just what strings are used to bait pokes and then punish with his long neutral game?

omooba

fear the moobs
pretty straight forward does anyone know how plus on block acid blood and the ex version is after bf4. i know the regular one is at least plus 2 and the ex canjail into anything on fully delayed wake up but don't know how plus it is if blocked right after you get up

Vids of it jailing ? Never had it happen for me and for regular acid blood it's to be plus 1 or 0 I usually just njk if the alien player gets to auto pilot on me and try a full string on me afterwards or armor out fur a reversal

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
The salt that reo had haha when he instantly said that shit wouldn't work offline
That's the only reason why I like Alien getting hurt on db4. The salt it generates when it loses a round for someone is worth it.
If it didn't generate the salt I would be 100% fine with having not hurt Alien. But since it does generate salt, I'm fine with it staying.