What's new

Xbox Players vs PS4 Players

I was inspired to write this thread because I play on both xbox one and ps4, but one major difference between the two is that people on xbox are willing to play a ton of games in a player match where on the ps4 people opt to "Next Opponent" after one game. This has happened almost 100% of the time when the game was EXTREMELY close and they won. Do some people on the ps4 not appreciate a good game enough to run another? Or is the fear of losing just that strong? Can someone please help me understand? I just picked up Scarecrow 2 days ago (thanks White Boi) but find it difficult to actually fight against one character when my opponent is different after each game. Is there an explanation why people dip after a close game? I don't want to believe people got big egos on the ps4, but...

Well for me I only play ranked when my clan members are not online to play cause im not touching player match with the risk of gear being on. and ranked is just for fun until I can play with good ppl in long sets. So im pretty sure everyone you are running into are the ppl who have no clue what they are doing lol while the good ppl who enjoy long sets are playing with ppl they know.

Edit: im on ps4

Well for me I only play ranked when my clan members are not online to play cause im not touching player match with the risk of gear being on. and ranked is just for fun until I can play with good ppl in long sets. So im pretty sure everyone you are running into are the ppl who have no clue what they are doing lol while the good ppl who enjoy long sets are playing with ppl they know.

Edit: im on ps4
Player match isn't that bad if you don't give a fuck about your record and quit everytime your opponent won't turn on competitive

There's not much of a link as far as I can tell, but I wouldn't stress it that much. Find really strong players to fight against, get to know them, and see if you can get into a good set with them. I play on both consoles, mainly XB1 though I'll be playing more on PS4 in preparation for EVO.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Typical Fanboy response.....
Yeah because Forever el1te is just a random ps4 fanboy... Lol. What he stated is just true. Bigger playerbase results in a more competitive enviroment. Also every single pro plays on ps4 so the ones who aspire to go pro go to ps4. It's a no brainer.

Also, how did you even end up randomly resurrect this old thread ?

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Yeah because Forever el1te is just a random ps4 fanboy... Lol. What he stated is just true. Bigger playerbase results in a more competitive enviroment. Also every single pro plays on ps4 so the ones who aspire to go pro go to ps4. It's a no brainer.

Also, how did you even end up randomly resurrect this old thread ?
haha, boring workday so I´m just browsing the forum and read what I find interesting sorry.

Still, such comments are just stupid and only shows fanboyism imo. I don´t care who he is or if he is a pro player or godlike or whatever else. The "pros" play on PS4 because the PS4 is the standard tournament console for fighting games that´s all. Last generation it was the 360 so all those 360 players just went and bought a PS4 and are now playing on PS4. Would that mean that last generation 90% of ps3 players were ass and that even the casual players on the 360 were better?

The console you are playing on makes no difference to skill.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
haha, boring workday so I´m just browsing the forum and read what I find interesting sorry.

Still, such comments are just stupid and only shows fanboyism imo. I don´t care who he is or if he is a pro player or godlike or whatever else. The "pros" play on PS4 because the PS4 is the standard tournament console for fighting games that´s all. Last generation it was the 360 so all those 360 players just went and bought a PS4 and are now playing on PS4. Would that mean that last generation 90% of ps3 players were ass and that even the casual players on the 360 were better?

The console you are playing on makes no difference to skill.
No one said that the console you are playing on makes a difference.
Its the community of players that shapes other good players. If you play with people who are ass you are not going to level up. Logical and really not up for discussion.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Because they go to tournaments? Have you played the online warriors of Xbox? They will eat anyone alive. We're talking 2 completely different games here.

Typical Fanboy response.....
fanboy ? I personally like Xbox more than PS4, but PS4 brings more of a challenge Injustice wise because there's more competitive people which means they'll be more competitive casual players trying to level up. Not saying there aren't any on Xbox but there's a clear skill gap from people on Xbox to people on PS4. And obviously the console you play on doesent determine your skill level, but if you only play on a console with people that are average to just barely above average players then you'll be severely hindered in trying to level up.
To just add real quick for example: I can run into players I never saw before on PS4 (casuals) that are really good and they make me have to put more effort into it. So I'm not just slacking. I never get that feeling on Xbox from a casual, except the one or two friends I have that went to tournies that have an Xbox. @DubiousShenron

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I play on both and I can´t see a big difference. But whatever, it wasn´t my intention to get a big discussion about consoles going.

I´m just easily triggered when someone says "playerbase on console X is ass and playerbase on console Y is godlike" cause imo that is not true.

Anyways, have a good one and have fun with injustice 2 on whatever console you are playing on

Evil Presence

Representing STB
Then have fun trying to play people you see in top 16 at majors on Xbox then. I moved to PS4 because that where most of the serious players have migrated too.

9_Lives

Noob
I find a lot of crap on my friend's xbone, but I have also found a lot of good players. You have to look harder than on ps4, but you can find good players for most characters on Xbox.