What's new

Xbox One S Coming August 31st

Tim Static

Adminerator
"Microsoft confirmed the new Xbox One slim configuration that leaked out yesterday. It's called Xbox One S, it will be in stores on August 31st and starts at $299.

The new Xbox One S includes up to a 2 TB hard drive, is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One and will output 4K video. It can be positioned vertically and it comes with a redesigned controller. The console also features an IR blaster. That separates the feature from the Kinect device, allowing users to control their televisions without the Kinect sensor.

A redesigned controller features Bluetooth and proprietary wireless support.

It appears this will be the base design for Xbox One going forward, with higher-powered options costing more. The existing Xbox One base model was lowered to $299 by Microsoft at the end of May."

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11920958/xbox-one-slim-details-launch-date

Preorder Info:
Xbox One Slim 500GB Console -- $299.99
Xbox One Slim 1TB Console -- $349.99
Xbox One Slim 2TB Console -- $399.99
Xbox One Slim Controller -- $59.99

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/everything-from-the-xbox-press-conference-is-already-up-on-amazon-368069.phtml

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yet still has a horrible UI for a console, almost no decent exclusives and many more.

But, most importantly, millions less players in comparison to PS4. Meaning, smaller game communities, fewer people to play with,

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If I was younger, I would probably just buy it to have all the consoles like I used to do.

Now a days I just don't play enough games or care enough to want everything.

Hell if it wasn't for NRS sucking at PC, I would throw my PS4 in the garbage.

Still, it looks nice, and those improvements are good for the price.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Fuck that, I'm getting Injustice 2 for the Scorpio :)
I would assume I2 will be out for a good 4-6 months before Scorpio is released. But defintely would like to see how it runs on it for sure, along with Killer Instinct!! Same with whatever Sony has up their sleeves too.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Think whatever you like. As someone who owns both consoles, XB1 since release, the PS4 has a far simpler and pretty UI. And it performs good without getting stuck, crashing or losing saved tabs/instances.

As for the exclusives, it's clear when you compare titles and even clearer when you see that Sony keeps pumping money to steal big brands away for themselves only.

I literally couldn't care less about fanboying since I own both consoles and a very high end PC.
San na eisai sto myalo moy re sy! Periegrapses oti ezisa me to 360 tis kales meres tou mk9. :)

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hope is not as heavy as the XBONE, that shit was like carrying car bateries, meanwhile you could hold a PS4 in one hand without much effort.

Still, i think its a good improvement.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'll pre order 2 if it's released with Gears 4. That's right 2. Now let's see if gears will have a bundle to go with this and if it'll come with the Elite controller too.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Having an upgraded version of the Bone this early could mean that it's probably going to die in a few years lol. Hopefully Project Scorpio lives up to the hype. It'll probably cost a fortune though.

Probably more worth it to just upgrade to Win10 and get a really good graphics card since future Bone games are coming to Win10 as well.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Having an upgraded version of the Bone this early could mean that it's probably going to die in a few years lol. Hopefully Project Scorpio lives up to the hype. It'll probably cost a fortune though.

Probably more worth it to just upgrade to Win10 and get a really good graphics card since future Bone games are coming to Win10 as well.
Same could be said of the PS4.5. I think consoles are just at a point where they cannot technologically survive a full generation without updates every few years.

This, of course, begs questions.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Marinjuana:

You really hate Micro$oft from what I've been reading. That's fine, but some of what you're stating is all opinion. I also have both consoles and a high end PC that I built, so no fanboy statements will come from me. You and everyone else have an opinion that should be respected. State facts where necessary and be sure not to confuse fact for opinion. In my opinion, both consoles are lacking in all sorts of areas. PS4's store is horrible as is the current build of the Xbox Store. The new preview build that I have on my XB1 is nicer and offers a number of improvements. Which leads me to an opinion.

In my opinion from owning both consoles so far, it is MS that actually cares about feedback from it's customers and they seem to be more customer service focused regarding their console than $ony is. There have been a number of improvements to the UI based on user feedback on the XB1. The PS4 has not really received any visual improvements or functionality improvements worth noting with the exception of allowing you to upgrade your HDD and actually copy over all of your games. PS4 has some nice exclusives but so does the Xbox. Also, the fact that Xbox One games can be played on Windows 10 does not mean that they are not exclusives in my opinion. You still need to run them on the Xbox Platform which runs in a Windows 10 environment (Xbox One OS is Windows 10 just incase anyone was not aware).

It would seem that MS is giving you more options to play games on their platform (console is just another vehicle to play). If this makes you believe that they are doing something wrong, so be it. But each time you crank up any of these "non-exclusive" titles on your PC, you are essentially playing Xbox One games and funding MS's vision of a hardware agnostic gaming platform. MS is making capable consoles for those players who do not wish to buy an expensive PC or build their own to play these games. I hope sony follows this example. In my opinion, having the ability to play the games I own on a variety of hardware options for years to come via a single platform is awesome. Sounds like they are going the Steam route but a bit more robust.

This is just my opinion....

Peace.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Same could be said of the PS4.5. I think consoles are just at a point where they cannot technologically survive a full generation without updates every few years.

This, of course, begs questions.
Well according to the rumors, the PS4K specs is competing with Scorpio, not One S. So that has hope as well. What is worrying is the NX since it's competing with the current gen hardware which seems to be soon obsolete.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Well according to the rumors, the PS4K specs is competing with Scorpio, not One S. So that has hope as well. What is worrying is the NX since it's competing with the current gen hardware which seems to be soon obsolete.
Huh, the only PS4.5/K/Neo/whatever rumors I've heard are related to scaled up 4k, like the Slim and not Scorpio.

And yeah, I'm really worried about Nintendo at this point.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So should we expect a price drop for the regular Xbox Controller in lieu of the new slim one?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Man I hope so all these flash parries ruined my Y button and 60$ is a lot for just a controller.

To be honest, I don't know why they would announce the Scorpio and the Slim in the same conference. If you want a Xbone, you might as well save up for the Scorpio or wait for a price drop next year for the Slim.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
the thing im scared about this model is Overheating, what all the slims did on Playstation was overheat without a Copper shim between the GPU and CPU chips and thermal paist.

i feel with that smaller design and Power brick integrated it will add alot more heat even though they desgined for optimal airflow this time around, i still think we will see this problem arise 3-9 months after sales optimize.

maybe if they are running the cooler Skylakes and DDR4 low Eco but im not sure. ill definitely pick one up though they do look sick, and i love having smaller systems so i can have my WII and other systems in same area.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The only reason I haven't sold my current XB1 is because of all the games I have on the system. It's a disappointment and a huge downgrade from 360. Not putting anymore money into XB1, certainly not another one.

Lol @ "introducing, you can now play background music and change your language regardless of region..." Hahaha. You know, features that should have been at launch?? Jokes