What's new

Xbox Game Showcase 2020

Yeah, GamePass is 100% their killer feature and I suspect they wouldn't even bother with a console if it weren't a necessary vehicle to get more people on GamePass. They may as well call it the GamePassBox.

It's really awesome though, and an inexplicably good value. I only bought the XONE for Killer Instinct. As much as I love Fable, Halo, and everything Rare does, I would not bother buying the XTWO if they didn't have me hooked on GamePass.
Yeah, though Game Pass is coming to quite literally everything. This is going to allow them to tap into and profit off of markets that both Sony and Nintendo have no to little presence in. It will be very, very interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm going to hold off on purchasing a new console and/or PC for a few years as I just upgraded my PC's video card and ram in Spring 2019, and bought an Xbox One X in Fall of 2019. That's enough on hardware now, especially with the pandemic slashing my hours/income.

Having said that, I'm pleased that the Xbox One X and new games will be supported on it for a few years.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Any one who likes halo and was displeased by it's showcase,it was an old build. It was recorded b4 Covid for the cancelled e3

And they delayed till 2021 for Infinite

Continuing with the theme of unification, looks like the upcoming Dashboard for the Xbox Series X is actually not going to be exclusive to that console, but will be on Xbox One, PC, and Mobile as well:

The Xbox Series S was announced today. An all digital next-gen console that does 2K but upscales to 4K.

I like the look of the unit, better than the Xbox Series X. The naming convention is still confusing though.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
While not great, the naming convention isn't nearly as bad as video cards (yet).

I imagine it'll end up being just Xbox "S" vs "X" once the supply of last-gen consoles dries up.

That aside, this is a great price point for the horsepower. I bet it'll sell quite well.

While not great, the naming convention isn't nearly as bad as video cards (yet).

I imagine it'll end up being just Xbox "S" vs "X" once the supply of last-gen consoles dries up.

That aside, this is a great price point for the horsepower. I bet it'll sell quite well.
Yeah, lots of people over the years have gotten confused with video cards. I remember explaining to someone they couldn't play some game because it required an nVidia GTX card (say a 760), and they were using a nVidia GT card (say also a 760). The guy couldn't grasp the difference.

While I'm not a fan of the Xbox naming convention itself, thinking about it more, there is a certain kind of logic to it. If you want the entry level Xbox console, you buy the "S" model, and if you want the power console, you buy the "X" model. This is something that now applies to two generations of Xbox consoles, and with Xbox positioning itself as a brand as opposed to just a console, having a standard name or term for the two kinds of consoles they offer regardless of when they're sale does make some sense.