What's new

Xbox Elite 2

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Hey y'all,

Does anyone out there play MK or any other fighting game with v2 of the Xbox Elite Controller? I bought one tonight to replace my poor old beat up Elite v1 and am blown away at how hard this thing is to use, specifically the dpad. I had very few issues with v1, but playing with the same technique/pressure as I used to use with the v1 I found the controller dropping inputs worse than ever, forcing me to practically beat the thing senseless to get moves out, wrecking my hands and wrists in the process. It was so bad that characters like Nightwolf (who's one of my mains) and others that require speedy inputs seem virtually unplayable due to the amount of dropped inputs. Did I just get a bad controller? Is there some type of break-in period with v2? I'm probably returning this in favor of buying another v1, but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this experience. Thanks.

Hey y'all,

Does anyone out there play MK or any other fighting game with v2 of the Xbox Elite Controller? I bought one tonight to replace my poor old beat up Elite v1 and am blown away at how hard this thing is to use, specifically the dpad. I had very few issues with v1, but playing with the same technique/pressure as I used to use with the v1 I found the controller dropping inputs worse than ever, forcing me to practically beat the thing senseless to get moves out, wrecking my hands and wrists in the process. It was so bad that characters like Nightwolf (who's one of my mains) and others that require speedy inputs seem virtually unplayable due to the amount of dropped inputs. Did I just get a bad controller? Is there some type of break-in period with v2? I'm probably returning this in favor of buying another v1, but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this experience. Thanks.
I can't comment on the new Elite Controller as I've never used either version (though I know the D-Pad on the upcoming Xbox Wireless Controller for the Xbox Series X will be based on this new D-Pad), but as an alternate, I would highly recommend the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One. It's a fantastic D-pad.