What's new

The Wrestling Thread (TWT)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, I know we got some wrestling fans up in here! From WWE to TNA (Impact Wresting), Lucha Underground, and new most talked about New Japan (NJPW), wrestling is like the soap opera for guys! But it's all entertainment at the end of the day!

I am a huge wrestling fan and Uncle JBeezY wants to know who else are wrestling fans! Let's discuss ANYTHING WRESTLING! This is the thread for YOU!

Righteous ;)

Im a fan of NJPW and Lucha Underground.

Dont really keep up with any other promotions that much. Although i catch the occassional shinsuke clip.

Me and @Kroaken got to go to a local promotion match not long ago where Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix were wrestling.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I stoped watching when cm punk left
I'm pretty sure alot did too. He was the LAST REALEST one WWE had that just didn't givAfuck. Too bad he got destroyed in UFC. But apparently, word on the street is that he's training for another UFC fight.

Im a fan of NJPW and Lucha Underground.

Dont really keep up with any other promotions that much. Although i catch the occassional shinsuke clip.

Me and @Kroaken got to go to a local promotion match not long ago where Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix were wrestling.
Pentagon Dark....WOOOOO hes sick! Cero Mero! (or however u spell that shit lol) Lucha Underground is what WWE should have been. Haven't seen in awhile, but I think Sexy Star fucked up her career by breaking the arm Rosemary from TNA...I guess it was a cross promotion and WWE was actually looking to sign Sexy Star, but she was reckless. WWE said NOPE! Not in our company!

yeah WWE is saying nope to alot of stuff lol. They got mad at Shinsuke for hurting Cena on accident.

Shame they suck up a lot of the good talent and then it goes under-developed or with bad gimmicks

WWE is a disgrace to wrestling fans... I know they are acting... but for god's sake!. Where is the technique?, Where is the agility and vigor?... C'mon...fat slobs with untrained bodies?.... WWE is just a bad circus. Hell!. They even give the circus people a bad name.The people of the circus uses people more trained than Them. They are just sad clowns whose clowning is not even funny.

WWE is a disgrace to wrestling fans... I know they are acting... but for god's sake!. Where is the technique?, Where is the agility and vigor?... C'mon...fat slobs with untrained bodies?.... WWE is just a bad circus. Hell!. They even give the circus people a bad name.The people of the circus uses people more trained than Them. They are just sad clowns whose clowning is not even funny.
Erm, AJ Styles? Finn Balor? Seth Rollins? The list can go on.

Yeah but they are in WWE now. Plus there are still a lot of wrestlers from NXT who are excellent ring technicians.
Yeah but i think he's referring to the people who are from WWE not wrestlers who were already trained elsewhere in a different promotion and then brought over to the WWE. NXT is basically filled with great wrestlers taken from other promotions.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Yeah but i think he's referring to the people who are from WWE not wrestlers who were already trained elsewhere in a different promotion and then brought over to the WWE. NXT is basically filled with great wrestlers taken from other promotions.
That's fair. I would also point out that in a few years such wrestlers are going to be in the minority. Think about how many former ROH champions WWE has signed right now between the main roster and NXT, how many former IWGP champions, etc. I think that they realized (some) of the flaws in their talent development and acquisition pipeline and have taken great strides to correct these issues.

Nobus3r1

Yeah i really hope that everything takes a step up from where it is now
As much as this is going to sound like me wishing ill on someone I think that Smackdown is one John Cena retirement and one Randy Orton injury or retirement away from having all the ingredients for being one of the best wrestling products in the world. Addition by subtraction. Raw...is less salvageable as there are too many entrenched stars who aren't as likely to go away any time soon.

As much as this is going to sound like me wishing ill on someone I think that Smackdown is one John Cena retirement and one Randy Orton injury or retirement away from having all the ingredients for being one of the best wrestling products in the world. Addition by subtraction. Raw...is less salvageable as there are too many entrenched stars who aren't as likely to go away any time soon.
I would agree with this

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
That's fair. I would also point out that in a few years such wrestlers are going to be in the minority. Think about how many former ROH champions WWE has signed right now between the main roster and NXT, how many former IWGP champions, etc. I think that they realized (some) of the flaws in their talent development and acquisition pipeline and have taken great strides to correct these issues.
As much as they are (and it shows) seems WWE is also ruining talent (and that shows too). Their "creative" has ruined Austin Aries, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Nevel and ALMOST Nia Jax. When i mean ruined, i mean WWE has made soooo many talented Superstars leave because of their "creative" direction. And u know all know who is basically one of the head leads in that department right? Road Dog. Tsk...

Nobus3r1

As much as they are (and it shows) seems WWE is also ruining talent (and that shows too). Their "creative" has ruined Austin Aries, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Nevel and ALMOST Nia Jax. When i mean ruined, i mean WWE has made soooo many talented Superstars leave because of their "creative" direction. And u know all know who is basically one of the head leads in that department right? Road Dog. Tsk...
Except for CM Punk (who predates recent issues) all of those wrestlers have at least one thing in common. They are all Raw talent. Also, Road Dogg is the producer of Smackdown and head of the creative team for the show. I do not know who has that responsibility for Raw and neither, seemingly, does Wikipedia. He [Road Dogg] is IMO one of the reasons why Smackdown is, at the very least, a much more consistent product than Raw.

The Austin Aries situation is a weird one to me because his fiance still works for WWE (Zelina Vega). At this point my hope with NXT talent that I enjoy watching is that they get sent to Smackdown rather than Raw. I do not want to see Johnny Gargano relegated to 205 Live. I do not want to see Andrade Cien jobbing to Sheamus. I do not want to see the Undisputed Era (hate this name BTW) jobbing to The Shield. I want to see all of those guys flourishing on Smackdown.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Make wrestling great again by unbanning PEDs
PEDs ?Question mark? WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SPELL OUT THE WHOLE DAMN WORD!? hahah im oldschool, shit.

Except for CM Punk (who predates recent issues) all of those wrestlers have at least one thing in common. They are all Raw talent. Also, Road Dogg is the producer of Smackdown and head of the creative team for the show. I do not know who has that responsibility for Raw and neither, seemingly, does Wikipedia. He [Road Dogg] is IMO one of the reasons why Smackdown is, at the very least, a much more consistent product than Raw.

The Austin Aries situation is a weird one to me because his fiance still works for WWE (Zelina Vega). At this point my hope with NXT talent that I enjoy watching is that they get sent to Smackdown rather than Raw. I do not want to see Johnny Gargano relegated to 205 Live. I do not want to see Andrade Cien jobbing to Sheamus. I do not want to see the Undisputed Era (hate this name BTW) jobbing to The Shield. I want to see all of those guys flourishing on Smackdown.
You're right. They need more NEW talent on Smackdown. I think Aleister Black and Velveteen Dream would be AWESOME for Smackdown! WOOOOOO did you see Takeover on Saturday!? Most definitely a candidate to be the BEST MATCH of 2017 for sure!

Johnny Gargano.....eh.....he doesnt do it for me. I know he's good, but personality wise, there's no star quality. Cien ...THAT was unexpected him winning the NXT Title, but with that chica by his side, DAMN he's going places. She got balls attacking his opponents with the hurricaranas! Kinda reminds me of Lita.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I met HBK and Razor Ramon with my cousin last month. Childhood goal complete.
I also met my childhood hero and idol, The Undertaker, at the WrestleMania 32 Fan Axxess last year. I was near him just a minute, but that meant when I talked to him, shook his hand, took a picture with him, got his autograph and here him saying me "thank you" for telling him he will always be my hero, that short time was worth the whole world for me. Even as of me writing this post, I get excited as it was just today.