What's new

Wow. Guess we fans should've read the fine print, huh. (about DLC release dates)

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Waiting this long just for 6 characters is pretty disappointing, the game's already stale and waiting this long isn't helping
But when you realize this is the standard for every other fighting game ...

I think we need to stop comparing the DLC dates with those of previous NRS games. WB/NRS is clearly taking the FighterZ/SFV route here. Whether this will be good or not remains to be seen.

But the fact remains: They did say it. We just never listened.

Raider

Noob
And what if that line was added later? For example few days ago? There is no that line on Steam at all, even tho. they updated the Kombat Pack page.

People want something to bitch about because it makes them feel better that they think they know better than a company that's been doing this for X years.

If it wasn't that DLC was taking too long, it's the DLC is shit, or that the DLC should've been part of the base game.

But then if the game was released 1 year later including all that, people would still bitch that it didn't have enough content or should've bla bla bla...

I believe by the time nightwolf came out; mkx was getting ready for kombat pack 2. now crunch time situations might have impacted the schedule but it probably has something to do with the amount of work an mk11 character takes compared to a mkx or inj2 character. maybe this hyper realism needs to be toned down a little for the sake of the game

Komatose

The Prettiest
The game isn't fun. Lacking roster. Guest characters are taking the place of fan favorites, their dragging out DLC to make the game look like it will have a longer lifespan than previous games as if DLC alone determines how long a game lives. But God forbid people who actually love and support MK games complain about completely relevant problems. Oh no. Let’s just say they’re crying about nothing lol MK11 is becoming more and more of a joke to me. I’ll probably end up selling it. It’s already uninstalled. If Sindel doesn’t bump well with me I’m completely done with it. Good look NRS fanboys trying to support a poop game that in about a year the devs will forget. I’m not a fan of NRS or their crap Injustice games, I’m an MK fan and I won’t speak much on the title but MK11 itself, in my honest opinion and as far as my experience goes, is going down the pooper real fast ESPECIALLY with the joke they call Kombat League. Great idea, terrible everything else. Have fun.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I believe by the time nightwolf came out; mkx was getting ready for kombat pack 2. now crunch time situations might have impacted the schedule but it probably has something to do with the amount of work an mk11 character takes compared to a mkx or inj2 character. maybe this hyper realism needs to be toned down a little for the sake of the game
“The time it takes to make an MK11 character” lol like... what?...

Komatose

The Prettiest
People want something to bitch about because it makes them feel better that they think they know better than a company that's been doing this for X years.

If it wasn't that DLC was taking too long, it's the DLC is shit, or that the DLC should've been part of the base game.

But then if the game was released 1 year later including all that, people would still bitch that it didn't have enough content or should've bla bla bla...
The fact that you think companies care about the people supporting them is laughable. That stopped a cool decade ago my guy. Why do you think we pay even more money after we just bought a $60 game? Because they care about us? Lel. Stop. Now I have no problem with DLC but you literally just outted yourself in your own post. Yes. The company has been doing it for a damn good while. They know how to make their MONEY and they don’t make their money FOR us they make it FROM us.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Buying anything when you don't know the details of the purchase (whether because you neglected to read the fine print or because they purposefully omitted information) is simply irresponsible consumer behavior. The only time this is ever acceptable is when you know for certain that the entity selling you something absolutely has your best interest in mind. I don't think there's anyone here or elsewhere that would say that applies to WB.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Just don't spread the hate all around the internet for like 1 year+. The hate was real when the game hasn't even been out. Just don't play the game if you hate it
The last part is the problem. People want to play and support certain titles and the way a game is made or companies making the games are making it hard for them to like it. It’s genuinely not a bad thing when people give negative feedback. That’s usually what makes games AND developers better. If companies sold to a bunch of yes men and people that aren’t afraid to use their voice to get games and companies headed in certain directions decided to no longer support them, I’m certain every major game title besides COD would go out of business. COD has too many fans. Kappa. ; )

But yeah. It’s not a matter of “if you don’t like it don’t play” (which I’m actually not but for those that have more heart than me this time around), it’s a matter of listening to people that, again, WANT to enjoy the game and WANT the game to have a future. For me it’s too far gone. I don’t like the gameplay, I don’t like the DLC and my competitive side doesn’t like Kombat League. Game is RIP for me unless Sindel is spectacular.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
There is a (actually not) fine line between 'constructive criticism' and 'shitposting'. People who claim that MK11 has a few faults and point out how to fix them do the former. People who say that MK11 is a turd and did everything wrong do the latter and are simply asking to 'fight' with other posters.

Now, as far as the guest characters go. Yes, they take up space. Yes, we see Bruce Campbell and Arnold in the game instead of Mileena and Smoke and yes, the hardcore fans are pissed when Mileena doesn't make it so that a Terminator fan might pick up this game, but in the end, it's a good thing. I have read posts on twitter and reddit of people who got into MK because of a guest character and now enjoy the series.

So, do we want the fanbase to grow and expand the possibilities of this IP sticking around for a long time, or do we want our private little club just so that we can feel that we have eclectic and niche taste?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
There is a (actually not) fine line between 'constructive criticism' and 'shitposting'. People who claim that MK11 has a few faults and point out how to fix them do the former. People who say that MK11 is a turd and did everything wrong do the latter and are simply asking to 'fight' with other posters.

Now, as far as the guest characters go. Yes, they take up space. Yes, we see Bruce Campbell and Arnold in the game instead of Mileena and Smoke and yes, the hardcore fans are pissed when Mileena doesn't make it so that a Terminator fan might pick up this game, but in the end, it's a good thing. I have read posts on twitter and reddit of people who got into MK because of a guest character and now enjoy the series.

So, do we want the fanbase to grow and expand the possibilities of this IP sticking around for a long time, or do we want our private little club just so that we can feel that we have eclectic and niche taste?
It's about what @Komatose wants, why don't you get it? :DOGE