What's new

Would you like to see the new characters return for MK11?

Would you like to see any of the new characters return in the next MK?

• No, none of them

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Yes, all of them

Votes: 64 50.4%
  • Yes, but only Cassie

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes, but only Erron Black

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Yes, but only the Earthrealm newcomers

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes, but only the Outworld newcomers

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • Yes, but only ______ (specify)

Votes: 19 15.0%

• Total voters

Plop

Noob
So I just read the thread about people's oppinions on the new story mode/new timeline. I know alotnofpeple have aired their oppinions already, but I'm curious as to who actually cares about he new characters.

Personally, I like the addition of Erron Black, Ferra/Torr and D'vorah, but I don't think there was any need at all for all these bland Special Forces characters and I don't wanna see them return. I like the concept of Takeda, with him being Kenshi's son but trained by Scorpion, but I don't see the point in Jax's daughter being there for the sake of it and Kung Jin is a bit boring too.
As for Cassie, she done her bit. She's not too bad, but no way did she deserve to be the main hero in this.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
They should bring everyone back and add more new and returning characters... A redone konquest mode... Motor Kombat.. And add a jacuzzi...

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm waiting for someone to come in here and say "Games only been out a few weeks and already there's a thread for MK11"

But yeah I would love to see the crew back and the story to definitely be LONGER, this story was short as shit and it was getting real good, thought this was meant to be much longer than MK9

Afumba

Noob
Design-wise i like all of them with the only exception beeing Kotal Kahn. So i vote all but him.

Only thing i hope is that they would develope them more in the story... and not waste all that potential some of those characters have. They are doing this to Ermac and Reptile for ages... more sharing their fate would be even more sad.

Oh and i cant agree with you on Jacqui... i prefer her over Takeda for example. If i dont take nostalgia into consideration i would take her over Jax as well.
The only thing i didnt like about the yound special forces is their story... they should have evolved longer not beating Shinnok out of nowhere.

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
I'd to see Ferra/ Torr return and get more backstory I didn't care for any of the other new characters. Story wise all the new characters are just flat and boring. I wish Skarlet, Rain, and Tremor could get some actual character development in the story but whatever.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
If the plan is to retire a few characters, then yeah they'd have to come back.

I'd certainly like it, if they reuse the variation system, to outright draw more inspiration from the "source" - I'd have liked to see a Kotal Kahn soak up more of Shao Kahn's swag, for example.

I like all the new additions. If anything they will probably drop the older ones like johnny and sonya. I do think all the outworlders (FT, dvorah, kotal) are my favorite ones though.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I like everyone except Kung Jin. I just can't stand anything about him. He looks extremely dorky, was a total ass in the story (and not in an amusing Johnny Cage way), and his moves are super annoying.

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
If the plan is to retire a few characters, then yeah they'd have to come back.

I'd certainly like it, if they reuse the variation system, to outright draw more inspiration from the "source" - I'd have liked to see a Kotal Kahn soak up more of Shao Kahn's swag, for example.
I doubt the variation system will return in the future but who knows.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Erron needs to return for sure.
Jacqui needs to get Jax's moveset and replace him.
Takeda needs to replace Scorpion FOR GOOD.

Plop

Noob
I'm actually quite surprised by these results so far.
Don't you think the new good guy bunch is a bit of overkill?
I just look at them as wasted character slots. When I think MK I don't think Special Forces and their kids.
I thought the new generation thing was a good idea, but the choises they made after that were poor

Next mk should be set in the past just so all the golden era characters return or atleast incoroporate the past that goes back to most of the ps2 era mks or something or inbetween idk

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I'm curious as to why you want this?
Coz Scorpion is just boring character (and yes i dont care about people's taste and opinions).
Takeda has Teleports , Spears (air and ground) , Throwing Daggers , Lashes , Interesting Strings and 324234234234234 more tools that make him more interesting.
This Abomination Scorpion needs to go for good in the next MK.