What's new

Would you buy MK4 if they made it for 3DS or Vita?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just curious if you guys would get it if they made it for either the 3DS or Vita, personally we've seen how good UMK3 was for the DS and MK9 is looking good on the Vita.

I think either could work, but I think 3DS Mk4 arcade port would be freaking epic with the 3D feature and all. And touch screen attacks like SSF4 for the 3DS and MK9 for Vita, I think could work well.

Just an idea, I noticed a lot of people who like MK4 want to see it again at some point and so far we haven't. I would enjoy it if they made it for the 3DS.

Maybe, add extra modes too or something with online play, street pass, free 2 player download etc.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Woa woa woa woa

the real question is who the hell is paying $350.00 for a Vita

I mean really ??? Come on
Its only $250 and for someone like me with kids who cant always play in front of them, Drs Appts, waiting rooms etc you get the picture. There is already 2 3DS's, 1 DSi and 1 DS lite in the house. LOL.

ok with tax closer to $300, but Uncharted & MK9 on the go? Sign me up :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It'd be nice, but it'd pale in comparison when you look at the visual fidelity and intricacies of DOA Dimensions and Tekken Prime Edition. I'd like to see Trilogy on the 3DS with the bosses, Noob Saibot and Rain unselectable online, granted there would still be balance issues, but not any easy enough for the masses to exploit. Then again, if that was able to happen, they might aswell go with a full tailor made remake..

MKF30

It'd be nice, but it'd pale in comparison when you look at the visual fidelity and intricacies of DOA Dimensions and Tekken Prime Edition. I'd like to see Trilogy on the 3DS with the bosses, Noob Saibot and Rain unselectable online, granted there would still be balance issues, but not any easy enough for the masses to exploit. Then again, if that was able to happen, they might aswell go with a full tailor made remake..
Well those games are newer, updated. MK4 was mid 90's lol so naturally they would look better. Now, Mk9 different story lol. MK 9 is clearly sharper.

But updated still, Mk4 would look sweet on either handheld I'm sure. :)

MKF30

Oh god MK4 sucked for PS lol, I rented it way back for it. It kept freezing, pausing every few seconds and the load time I could shower, shave and eat and come back it would still be loading lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
How is the Gold version on Dreamcast? Obviously you'd have to ban the new characters, since they're broken as hell from what I recall. It was a fun game though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
How is the Gold version on Dreamcast? Obviously you'd have to ban the new characters, since they're broken as hell from what I recall. It was a fun game though.
its good, but its off.

MK4 might be the oddest MK game of all type. it just only feels right on arcade Rv3.0. i cant explain it more lol

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I always felt MK4 was underrated, it wasn't as good as UMK3 but I don't think it deserves to be squashed in with the DA engine stuff on PS2/GCN/Xbox. I remember getting MK Gold on Dreamcast and it had it's sound glitched off at least 80% of the time the game was booted. <_<

MKF30

I always felt MK4 was underrated, it wasn't as good as UMK3 but I don't think it deserves to be squashed in with the DA engine stuff on PS2/GCN/Xbox. I remember getting MK Gold on Dreamcast and it had it's sound glitched off at least 80% of the time the game was booted. <_<
I agree, MK4 is underrated. So many people hate it or see it as the mentally ill child in the family but I disagree with that notion. I think if anything Special Forces was the worst MK game like ever, and MKT for Gameboy Advance lol.

I also to this day feel MK 4 speed wise, is the fastest MK ever....even faster then UMK3 and MK9 honestly. Play MK9, UMK3, MK2 and then play MK4 lol. It's like MK on speed seriously.

I would definitely play MK DA and MK4 over MKG though...

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Lul, that's probably why I actually enjoyed MK4 so much. The fights were so damn fast that commentary would probably be next to impossible due to the amount of crap happening in such a short time frame.

MKF30

Lul, that's probably why I actually enjoyed MK4 so much. The fights were so damn fast that commentary would probably be next to impossible due to the amount of crap happening in such a short time frame.
It would have to be the fastest fighting game commentary ever!! lol the hockey commentators of the fighting game world! lol. The speed alone was insane!