What's new

Would you be nostalgic seeing Johnny Cage and Liu Kang as good friends again, like in the movie?

mattteo

Noob
With all the time travelling implied, a timeline in which Cage and Liu Kang have remained friends?

Liu has been grouped with Kung Lao in the shown footage, but him and Johnny have had some very good scenes together in the 1995 movie and they are the 2 heroes that pretty much proved themselves when Earthrealm needed it. Cage has really come a long way from being just a joke character.

With all the time travelling implied, a timeline in which Cage and Liu Kang have remained friends?

Liu has been grouped with Kung Lao in the shown footage, but him and Johnny have had some very good scenes together in the 1995 movie and they are the 2 heroes that pretty much proved themselves when Earthrealm needed it. Cage has really come a long way from being just a joke character.
True... I believe Liu and Johnny are probably the two best examples of earthrealm strength and power. Johnny coming from the bottom to the top and kang being into hugh expectations and surpassing said expectations.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Nah, I'd rather see Johnny Cage being a selfish troll, that searches for the secrets of Edenian immortality. Always liked the thought that Johnny, Sonya and Liu Kang needed to work together, but they were very different personalities that didn't really match together well.

mattteo

Noob
Or we could just see a rivalry between them. Who do you think would win?

I personally think Liu Kang would kick Johnny Cage's butt, especially if it's the evil Netherrealm Emperor version who is angry for being replaced by Cage, while Johnny holds back a little being good and not wanting to kill.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think Liu Kang is the strongest of the three, with his inner fire and dragon shapeshifting abilities, after him comes Johnny with the green energy and then Sonya, with her toys.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
For mk11; okay lets see that revenant thing again, at least it is necassary for the current story but it should end up for the next MK game.. enough.. really..

D

Deleted member 59910

For mk11; okay lets see that revenant thing again, at least it is necassary for the current story but it should end up for the next MK game.. enough.. really..
I can imagine Johnny and young Liu fighting against the revenants.

D

Deleted member 59910

Together?
Why not? Ed said we’ll see young versions fighting against revenant versions. If Johnny is in the game, he (and the special forces) will be fighting against the revenants too, imo.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Or we could just see a rivalry between them. Who do you think would win?

I personally think Liu Kang would kick Johnny Cage's butt, especially if it's the evil Netherrealm Emperor version who is angry for being replaced by Cage, while Johnny holds back a little being good and not wanting to kill.
I've been looking forward to a Johnny vs Liu Kang grudge match for the same reason. The Earthrealm champion that was, vs. the Earthrealm champion that should have been.

As far as who would win, for story purposes it would be great if Liu Kang won because it would set him up as a crazy threat. I have this image of Liu breaking Johnny's neck, Annihilation style. That would be a god damn gut punch.

But the power level of Revenants hasn't made any sense so far. Jax beat Kung Lao, Kitana, Sindel, and Liu Kang in MKX. In a row. So I mean. I dunno.