What's new

Would Kabal be banned if...

Icebaby

Ice Queen
There was a player who knew how to do his instant gas shots so perfect that they were so low and fast that you couldn't even dash forward? Think about this since I know it's not humanly possible but let's just say somehow someone learned how to do his gas shots with no flaw... How the heck would you combat that or even think to get around it with no teleport like Raiden has? :confused:

(Good thing MK is played by humans. :p)

no because people in the community who dont play the game but post on forums would say "no he's fair, he didnt even win every tournament and there's sometimes top players who dont use him that make top 8" and drown out the voices of reason (e.g. FOREVER KING, xmygodx , Perfect Legend , etc)

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
We already have players who can flawlessly rapid fire gas blasts at their maximum rate. Kabal only recovers the moment he touches the ground, so even a computer couldn't do it faster than we can now unless you changed his frame data.

To me Kabal's IAGB's were never his true strength. His true strength is being able to cancel out of a special combo starter whenever the hell he wants, recover insanely fast creating safe mix-ups, and the EX version having armor. Let's not forget ground saw. Having said that, I wish Kabal had his IAGB's removed because rushdown Kabal is so much more fun to watch and play as than boring ass zoning Kabal.

187x

Noob
can people stop with these threads seriously.. Kabal should have been banned a long time ago when mk9 wasn't dead. Why ban him now?.... And you still have f****** cyrax, kenshi etc.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Just picture kabal as regime superman. He keeps all the other broke characters in line. If there was no kabal then we would have to deal with cyrax and then kenshi and then freddy and then sonya and all the way down the rest of the roster to kano.

Moral of the story: DO YOU REALLY WANNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH KANO!?!?!!

Goldi

Noob
I wish he would! Glow all day <3

Oh yea! In like 3 threads a year it's pretty sweet to be a Jade player.

His IAGB really only functions as a meter building tool in the current Meta you might earn a little chip from it or some minor dmg but it's really about building up breaker and meter so you can safely mixup your opponent taking some risks or punish your opponent with armored dashes.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
GrandMasterson nailed it. I've said for over a year that IAFBs in general are pretty redundant in the MK9 meta and was being dismissed as a Scorpion player who conveniently thinks Kabal's pressure is better.

If Kabal's IAGB gets taken out of the equation, then it'll be that "Skarlet's IAD ruins footsies", and then "Liu Kang's IADF" ruins footsies, so on and so forth. The reason IAGB takes the rap sheet is because it's the easiest one to do as instantly as possible by a landslide. They were on show from the get go, everyone had their chance to speak up and instead blew it on "plz patch kewn lau nrs, spin isnt unsafe enuff"

Kabal's buzzsaw on the other hand, is the most poorly designed projectile in the game. Hands down. Why on earth does it have pre-emptive startup and pushback while Liu's low dragon fire is fully punishable? That's where the stumbling block comes from IMO.

That said, I do think air specials all round should've had a proximity limit in place. I highly doubt the scale of properties on things like Kung Lao's EX divekick and Scorpion's instant teleport were intentional. But since NRS have non-disclosure agreements up the ass from their superiors, we'll never know. MK9 is a mess and it's not getting any better. WB aren't going to green light another six figure patch for Tony-T to find another reset, the input bug starts happening on specials, Sub-Zero somehow gets his old ground freeze damage glitch back, and have their employees bombarded with tweets that they made Sheeva TOO good a few weeks later.

no because people in the community who dont play the game but post on forums would say "no he's fair, he didnt even win every tournament and there's sometimes top players who dont use him that make top 8" and drown out the voices of reason (e.g. FOREVER KING, xmygodx , Perfect Legend , etc)
Perfect Legend? You mean the guy who uses Kabal and lost to a Reptile player who hasn't practiced the game in 2 years? Bah gawd, Reptile breaks the rules of the game if that's allowed to happen! Prove us wrong by all means, you had a clearer view than anyone else who has posted in this thread.

In all seriousness, the guy literally changes his mind on Cyrax or Kabal being #1 every two weeks. His opinion is none of my business. But it's funny that when it comes to Kitana being a bad match for Kabal, his "voice of reason" is flipped off the table and gets completely hounded. Don't kid yourself.