What's new

Would anyone else love to have MK9 re released on PSN with the new online?

Matix218

Get over here!
Am I the only one that would be super excited if NRS released MK9 as a downloadable PSN game but with the newer ggpo style online? I would easily dish out 15-20 bucks to be able to have a playable online for MK9. I doubt this will ever happen but I was just curious if anyone else would be into this idea?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Am I the only one that would be super excited if NRS released MK9 as a downloadable PSN game but with the newer ggpo style online? I would easily dish out 15-20 bucks to be able to have a playable online for MK9. I doubt this will ever happen but I was just curious if anyone else would be into this idea?
That would be dope for the fans of MK, BUT EVERYBODY want MK11 as a priority over anything NRS does.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's probably time to let it go. While it might be nice for nostalgia, not enough people would buy this to make it worth the massive task of overhauling and testing that engine to support GGPO.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
It's probably time to let it go. While it might be nice for nostalgia, not enough people would buy this to make it worth the massive task of overhauling and testing that engine to support GGPO.
My hope is that MK11 has the attitude of "We think had a solid and fun gameplay foundation with MK9, and we're gonna take that and make a new game based around it, with some retro inspirated style graphic."

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I think its about damn time to release something for the 25th anniversary. MK9 is practically a MKT remake, so it would actually be huge!

With a new netcode and a few minor improvement to the game itself (such as no p1 priority) would be an amazing move by NRS and would cause me to spend a looooot of time with it.

Basically the entire NRS would go nuts if something like that would be announced.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
It'd be nice to get something. Not really into injustice, so the last time I was excited about an NRS release was 2015. NRS switching up their routine and not releasing another MK in 2019 is extremely disappointing. An announcement would have generated buzz in the community, and brought some players back to MKX. As it stands now, I'm running into the same people 5-10 times in an hour's worth of ranked. Online is pretty much dead already. I don't think it can make it until 2020, or even later.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I actually think we can get this with the 30th anniversary of MK.

Or even better, a "Mortal Kombat Ultimate Kollection" including: MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK Trilogy, MK4, MK Mythologies, MK Gold, MK Special forces (yeah...), MKDA, MKD, MKSM, MKA and MK9. All in hd, with trophies and ggpo online multiplayer for the majority of them. Physical collector's edition includes Kombatpedia and a statue of a character, 4 to choose.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I actually think we can get this with the 30th anniversary of MK.

Or even better, a "Mortal Kombat Ultimate Kollection" including: MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK Trilogy, MK4, MK Mythologies, MK Gold, MK Special forces (yeah...), MKDA, MKD, MKSM, MKA and MK9. All in hd, with trophies and ggpo online multiplayer for the majority of them. Physical collector's edition includes Kombatpedia and a statue of a character, 4 to choose.
Capcom was able to do it for Street Fighter. Don't see why NRS couldn't do it for MK.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
You have no idea, man.. I would love that.

I didn't get into Mortal Kombat X very much due to a number of reasons (hated the stamina/run stuff, no Rain/Noob Saibot, just lost a bit of luster after awhile, etc.) but Mortal Kombat 9 is literally my favorite game of all-time and the one game I have the fondest memories of. I would love if they re-released it with a new online interface and good netcode.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I'm still holding out hope that NRS contracts a second studio to release an MK9 HD Remaster for PS5. For now we get MK11 which could actually be their best game yet with all the expereince NRS has gained since 2011.