What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Worth to learn Liu Kang?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Lot of people say hardest part of playing LK is the fbrc's, but I think it's the iafb's. I can do all of them except f44~fbrc~f44 about 95% efficiency, but I can't get three fireballs on the left side corner bnb to save my life. Even tried leading with the u4 like that one African player did, but my thumb just doesn't traverse the dpad fast enough yet. Super frustrating. But he's awesome on everything except defense, but really that's the hardest part of the game for everybody with all these offense maniacs like LK, KL, JC and Tanya running around.
Tanya's a 50/50 on wake-up. One launches, the other pops your head off. Just saiyan...

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Liu is going to get nerfed in Dragon's Fire so be ready for it. Too much bitching about him not to from the community. He is a strong character currently and flame fist should be fine after the nerf.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Yes, I am interested in what I think a real character is. I could carry a rich internal dialogue on the subject, thanks for asking.

And thank you for your opinion.
If you think your bad, I wouldn't mind taking on your Jax in a FT10. (Or whoever your real character is) Jax vs Jax I won't even use Liu Kang. (You'd stand a better chance against Kang Tang)

PSN= JoshuaNoyes

If you have XBone my buddy has a console and we can play on his account.

If you have pc it just want meant to be.

If you think your bad, I wouldn't mind taking on your Jax in a FT10. (Or whoever your real character is) Jax vs Jax I won't even use Liu Kang. (You'd stand a better chance against Kang Tang)

PSN= JoshuaNoyes

If you have XBone my buddy has a console and we can play on his account.

If you have pc it just want meant to be.
Jax mirrors are stupid. I have a couple characters I counterpick against Jax but what's the point you'd just end up crying about it even when I whoop you. You want to be a tough guy on TYM well you'll never win that battle against me little man. I wish I could help you, Liu Kang.

dont learn him. i have a feeling that paulo is going to nerf his cancels, destroy the character and then hes going to face palm himself when he realises that liu kang can still do the same thing as before he was nerfed against takeda erron etc when he realises the fk mb is the issue / speed of the b1 meaning he will have to be nerfed yet again! so lets see if paulo is worthy of his job and thinks about the frame data and consequences of his actions

kaseyk

Noob
i don't think he will get nerfed . he doesn't have an infinite anymore so i doubt they will change him more as far as frame data they already did that a few times and had to hotfix him after ( flame fist was top character for a week or so :p ) .

liu is the only character that clicked with me he is super fun to play and execution is only an issue well learning a character once you have them down it is no longer a thing .

stick with liu his strongest point is he doesn't lose badly to any character .

i don't think he will get nerfed . he doesn't have an infinite anymore so i doubt they will change him more as far as frame data they already did that a few times and had to hotfix him after ( flame fist was top character for a week or so :p ) .

liu is the only character that clicked with me he is super fun to play and execution is only an issue well learning a character once you have them down it is no longer a thing .

stick with liu his strongest point is he doesn't lose badly to any character .
paulo text tom brady after NEC and said "remember when liu kang USED to jail?"

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Jax mirrors are stupid. I have a couple characters I counterpick against Jax but what's the point you'd just end up crying about it even when I whoop you. You want to be a tough guy on TYM well you'll never win that battle against me little man. I wish I could help you, Liu Kang.
No whining necessary. Gloating will be necessary though. Let's see who is bad. I'll bet you a 3 month psn card if you need motivation. Or free I don't care. FT10 no character lock. I'm not acting bad. I want to see who is the baddest between you and myself.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Liu kang won't be touched in the nerf. He to execution heavy. And I don't think he's S+ he's A+. Go ahead and learn him. If you can consistently land F44 FBRC into F44 (Must combo ) then you are ready. I use Liu Kang, the funnest character I use but not better than my other characters.
F44 to f44 on hit isnt that hard. Try b33to jail into F213 or f44 jail into 1. That's hard

No whining necessary. Gloating will be necessary though. Let's see who is bad. I'll bet you a 3 month psn card if you need motivation. Or free I don't care. FT10 no character lock. I'm not acting bad. I want to see who is the baddest between you and myself.
You need help finding the ladies' room.

Goat-City

Banned
Learn dualist. He's way cooler, has a skeleton brutality, no dumb face tatoos, looks better on the primary costume, easier to use, less brain dead and not broken like DF. Plus he's bound to get buffed so you have that to look forward to.

Thanks for all the answers. Well that just leads me to another unavoidable corner in which I have to decide whether play him or not ...

Its just frustrating to have the mind bound to a speculation. I really want to learn him but I also really want to not waste my limited time on a character that probably will face a nerf ...

Since this is one of the biggest forums for MKX I hoped to find some experienced people here to help me out with my desperate question. I bought MKX 1 week ago and am playing like a mad man. Now im in a bit of trouble, I heard that he probably will be nerfed because of his true block strings. For me personally he is very hard to learn since the FBRC need to be on spot (frame wise) to fully unlock its potential. My question is, is he worth to learn or is it rather a waste of time since his cancel might get nerfed respectively has a high probability?
The term "nurff" and "buff" is really miss used imo around here. Another term that has poped up I like more is "normalizing". The buffs and nurffs in MKx are about balance. Even characters that have been massively effected by a "nurff" are still completely viable. Casuals and people who imo do not really know what they are talking about bitch and moan about nurffs, while pros stay with the characters and crush majors.

So I would not care about a supposed nurff that may not even happen, and even if it dose it will not suddenly make LK unplayable. So forget about it.

As for LK himself? I feel that he is one of those characters that people have yet to really explore. The game is only a year old and new things are getting tried all the time and while this is the most balanced mkx ever, maybe even in the running for most balanced current game of the FGC, it is only now that some of the less popular characters are starting to get some serious attention.

LK is considered by some to be S tier and most wouldn't put him below A+... and as I said, his potential is not even explored yet. I think he is a great character for a new p[layer to take up in a serious way.

Goat-City

Banned
If you like Liu I would start learning Flame Fist. Dragon's fire is probably going to be destroyed, and spending your time now in learning the cancels is not going to pay off.
Dragons fire will not be destroyed any more than Hellfire Scorpion was "destroyed". Raiden's the only former top tier who was arguably destroyed in a way, and he's only mid tier.