What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Worth to learn Liu Kang?

If he gets nerfed into the ground will you still main him or will you switch? If so what to.
any plans?
switch to johnny cage , give me 4 months with him . his pressure is stupid at high level to. and ill main one of the new 4 and drop liu prob . ofc ill try liu out , but im not gna play him if his only cancel is f213 , thats boring as hell

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Why has Liu been considered just a mid tier bum until the past month or two? Even with his block infinite gone now he's apparently being called top 5 by everyone. Same with A-List Cage. What gives?
People were blinded for so long, nothing that hasn't happened the game is still young

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
switch to johnny cage , give me 4 months with him . his pressure is stupid at high level to. and ill main one of the new 4 and drop liu prob . ofc ill try liu out , but im not gna play him if his only cancel is f213 , thats boring as hell
I just hope nrs take your advice and just make the mb flykick 0 and not nerf the cancels but after reading that msg to tom brady its not looking good

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
dont learn him. i have a feeling that paulo is going to nerf his cancels, destroy the character and then hes going to face palm himself when he realises that liu kang can still do the same thing as before he was nerfed against takeda erron etc when he realises the fk mb is the issue / speed of the b1 meaning he will have to be nerfed yet again! so lets see if paulo is worthy of his job and thinks about the frame data and consequences of his actions
You saying these things makes me worry he will be nerfed. I don't think he should be. You are the only person to have done something with Liu. Up till ESL people though Liu was good but not god like.

One can argue you ruined the character by being so good. lol If Liu gets nerfed the only character of his kind will be Mr. Cage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Flame Fist's Fireball buff is no joke, but I feel like it gets slept on. Those of you looking to play Liu, give it a long hard look.

Over the course of a match, it really is a game-changer. His pressure is even tougher to deal with when they have to come to you.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Flame Fist's Fireball buff is no joke, but I feel like it gets slept on. Those of you looking to play Liu, give it a long hard look.

Over the course of a match, it really is a game-changer. His pressure is even tougher to deal with when they have to come to you.
I main it because I'm not consistent with FBRC so I see no point in DF until I nail it, however FF is perfectly mainable on its own!

Well back to Charakter select and look for another to Main :mad:

Edit: Next on my list would be Kung Lao is he worth? Or will he also face a nerf? ^^
Or might go back to my initial plan an play Scorpion ..

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Well back to Charakter select and look for another to Main :mad:

Edit: Next on my list would be Kung Lao is he worth? Or will he also face a nerf? ^^
Or might go back to my initial plan an play Scorpion ..
Don't overthink it.

You need to understand the tech behind a character to get them clicking, but its generally not rocket science.

Pick a character and go. If you find that one's not for you, then switch.

Tweedy

Noob
You saying these things makes me worry he will be nerfed. I don't think he should be. You are the only person to have done something with Liu. Up till ESL people though Liu was good but not god like.

One can argue you ruined the character by being so good. lol If Liu gets nerfed the only character of his kind will be Mr. Cage.
Didn't Zyphox dominate DJT and Honeybee at NEC with DF's pressure?

LASD

Noob
Dragon fire is not getting "destroyed". People said this last time and he turned out just fine. They do a pretty good job of normalizing things. IMO they wont do anything to Liu's strings because that will also nerf both flame fist and dualist (which needs a buff rather than a nerf). The only nerf I see coming to liu is mb fk being neutral on block. He will not lose any frames on cancels. This variation is built on that. People complaining about that need to learn the mu. People I play against frequently (daily) never allow me to complete 3 full revolutions of cancels. They either take the last hit of f213, back dash after certain strings, or armor out.

Bottom line is besides a few minor things, liu is where he's supposed to be. So don't worry, pick him up, he'll be fine