What's new

Worth Getting a Vita just for MK9!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Just thought i would let everyone know that yes it is worth it!!! If you are a huge fan like me and have been your whole life then you will not be dissapointed.

THIS GAME IS FREEKIN AMAZING. At 60 fps it's just off the chain the hook and anything else it could be off of.

I feel just as giddy as I did a year ago playing the console version.

If you were on the fence like I was make the move!!! even the touch screen stuff is fun.

Whether or not I get another game for Vita doesn't really matter, cause i don't play many other games on my xbox since MK came out last year anyways!

Best feature of the game is I can play it in the bathroom....... you just can't beat that man.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Well they are different, unless they plan on making the console version just like it...
theres actually not many differences in core game play, game running at 60fps consistently takes care of that, playing kitty feels just like it does on console

Agreed Jimmy, it is badass. I like more and use it for more games, but it was worth it just for this. Now if I could just get accustomed to the pad, as I was always a stick player since day 1. It's like learning the game all over again, but it's also fun again...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
No. No video out either. If it had video out and connectivity for other controls it would be a quick purchase for me.
i would imagine before the year is out there will be perefrials for it in those regards, not sure about hooking up the controller if that will be possible though, was that ever possible on PSP even ?

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
i would imagine before the year is out there will be perefrials for it in those regards, not sure about hooking up the controller if that will be possible though, was that ever possible on PSP even ?
Man I hope they do it would make my decision so much easier. I doubt they did controller support on earlier models. I know they had video out tho

Matix218

Get over here!
I believe it could only be done on PSP go since the earlier models did not have bluetooth

B W1zZ

Noob
Seeing as I just bought a new system (PS3) a few months ago to me its kind of a waste to spend money on a vita just for MK9 when I have it on PS3, plus the fact that I play on stick.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Its 1000% worth it especially if you commute to work on the Subway like I do... Having MK with you at all times is amazing.
yeap this morning I was working on smoke on my way to work :) how cool is that. This will actually allow me to send the cop on vacation and pick up new characters.

Hemlock

Noob
UGH I GUESS I HAVE TO DO THIS NOW!

I'm going to start saving up just to play MK EVERYWHERE I GO.

i'm so silly. I posted a few months ago saying "man, I wish they had a portable MK machine that was built into an arcade stick that I could plug into a TV" (like those retro arcade machines)

but they have one! it's called a PS VITA. :cool:

yeap this morning I was working on smoke on my way to work :) how cool is that. This will actually allow me to send the cop on vacation and pick up new characters.
LOL it's adorable that you picked up smoke such a long time ago o.o. BTW you live in nyc? srs?

Hemlock yeah man, I also play mk9 on the subway everytime I go. Everyone playing fruit ninja and other bullshit turn to jello when I whip out the vita and start dishing out fatalities

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
LOL it's adorable that you picked up smoke such a long time ago o.o. BTW you live in nyc? srs?
Sadly I never actually put intime for him until recently. Otherwise you would have seen a lot more matches with him back when we use to play regularly lol. Im in New Jersey but I work in NY (midtown).

You know what's sad, I hardly see ppl with a vita. Since I got mine I think I've only seen literally two ppl with vita. And both times none of them where playing MK :(

EDIT: I didnt want to believe it but cellphone clearly killed the handheld market.

Sadly I never actually put intime for him until recently. Otherwise you would have seen a lot more matches with him back when we use to play regularly lol. Im in New Jersey but I work in NY (midtown).

You know what's sad, I hardly see ppl with a vita. Since I got mine I think I've only seen literally two ppl with vita. And both times none of them where playing MK :(

EDIT: I didnt want to believe it but cellphone clearly killed the handheld market.
It's okay man, in the vita community, everything is going strong.

check out reddit.com/r/vita

styroteqe and I visit that place pretty often.

But yeah, whenever i see vita users, its never mk9 which is sad. I got a couple to buy it though, so it's not all lost.

Vita is amazing. Not only does it have MK9, it also has/will get

1) P4:Golden
2) Gravity Rush
3) Ass Creed Liberation
4) Zero Escape "Good people must die"
5) MGS: HD
6) Soul Sacrifice
7) Ragnarok Odyssey
8) UMvC3 (if thats your thing)
9) Blazblue Extend

all solid games

styroteqe

Space Jockey
It's okay man, in the vita community, everything is going strong.

check out reddit.com/r/vita

styroteqe and I visit that place pretty often.

But yeah, whenever i see vita users, its never mk9 which is sad. I got a couple to buy it though, so it's not all lost.
Actually, the one time I DID see a Vita in the wild... The dude who had it was playing MK!! Was waiting in line to see Prometheus midnight showing... I was going to bring my Vita to kill some time but decided against it. And sure enough, some dude behind me in line was playing MK.

But yesh, Vita is doing pretty well, Sony is stepping up support. There will be some free PS+ content starting next month.. and this month will see a flood of releases. I think I'm one of the only people excited for Book of Memories.