What's new

wondering about reacting to cross ups??

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
iono i think she limits mileena's air control as well both of them cant be stupid .. mileena's teleport is a fan lift away lol
I mean.... outside of a read on wakeup I've never known any Kitana player to lift Mileena's telekick on reaction.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
on reaction i would use ex lift isnt that fast enough?
That implies you'd always have meter in a MU where Kitana isn't building it like she normally would be able to, and giving up her breakers. I would also have to assume Mileena doesn't win the MU by doing random teleports in neutral that Kitana would be able to react to.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
That implies you'd always have meter in a MU where Kitana isn't building it like she normally would be able to, and giving up her breakers. I would also have to assume Mileena doesn't win the MU by doing random teleports in neutral that Kitana would be able to react to.
ya for sure i mean i'm sure you know the mu better than me i was just asking about kitana controlling her air stuff too a bit no?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
iono i think she limits mileena's air control as well both of them cant be stupid .. mileena's teleport is a fan lift away lol
Kitana doesn't limit her air control at all. Any fan gets tele'd or rolled. Mileena definitely controls the air in this match.

There's no way kitana is Fan Lifting the tele on reaction. Anticipation or read, sure, but not on reaction. Fan lifting tele would be dumb tho since she already punishes it for 40% meterless. Fun note, kits d1 makes tele whiff lol.

This doesn't mean Kitana loses tho. Kitana has the better damage, better footsies, better range and is all around safer. She just has to fight Mileena completely different than most of her winning MUs. Patience is the key.

Last edited:
Then the opponent will just abusing crossups, since you don't punish them. You gotta make him respect the punish.
bad idea. thats the reason why 90% of online players eat crossups. crosspus are too good in this game. you can not punish every single of them.
1-if your opponent abuse crossups, read and punish properly.
2- dont let your opponent to crossup you.

my point is to block crossups properly and read & download the opponent. blocking should be the default option.

Lone

KHAOTIC
That doesn't make sense as a counter argument. Dissuading someone from trying to cross you up is where player skill begins to seperate. Blocking is the default response, he's specifically seeking options other then that.

No one implied you do it constantly but simply to let your opponent know you are able to do it. With that, they second guess their approach which then opens up another meta. Anything to stall your opponent is good, sometimes just blocking is fine when you aren't ready to counter but all the time? No.

bad idea. thats the reason why 90% of online players eat crossups. crosspus are too good in this game. you can not punish every single of them.
1-if your opponent abuse crossups, read and punish properly.
2- dont let your opponent to crossup you.

my point is to block crossups properly and read & download the opponent. blocking should be the default option.
No sis. If you are using Sonya crossup is a bad option for your opponent. No need for a read, just react to the crossup with ex cartwheel. The only worry is if he crossup without attack (you need to make a read on that and not waste 1 bar).

Btw, I find NJP to crrossups a bad option. It's just random. It shouldn't be a read, unless it's a too laggy match and your opponent abuse it too much. And what if he read the NJP and jump kick to a combo (if applicable)?

But everyone is doing it online. Everyone I play is just doing random NJPs for antiair hope.

I strongly disagree about blocking beeing the dafault option. Whoever character you are using there are always better options.