What's new

wondering about reacting to cross ups??

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
i've been using sonya for quite a while online in the past months and every now and then i added some techs to my "inventory"...i feel like cross ups are still a pain though...i know sonyas got way more option that most of the cast but, still when somebody goes for a cross up, it's just hard to "solve the problem"...i'll explain: off of an anti-air i generally stick to a solid d+2; i tried to aplly that tech to cross-ups, and even if i find it to be more reliable than a d+1, it's not something u'll take as your 100% answer..against characters like lao or kitana that can delay their cross-ups, u don't want to whiff a d+2....that being said, i don't feel like waisting a bar of meter for a meter burnt wheel, or at least i just wouldn't do that always...so my only safe option would be d+4...now, d+4 makes all their cross-ups attempts whiff and in the meanwhile it's not exposing u too much BUT i see people not caring about it....i mean, these guys continue to cross me up, knowing that sooner or later i'll mess up my d+4, and that's how i'll get comboed...i nees to figure out a way that's not too hard to stop those stupid cross-ups by taking their life....d+2 was good for the damage....
somebody told me to go d+4xxcartwheel...but it's not the easiest thing if ur reacting to an online cross over...
any thoughts on this?? any help or idea would be much appreciated
thx tym

Just mash uppercut.
Also, NEVER attempt to low-profile with a poke under Kitana. If they're smart you'll start eating JKxxFan combos all day.
Yup, I learned that the hard way in the Mileena-Kitana MU. Kitana is the female KL, jumps around all over the place and is rarely punished. And she gets out of the corner for free.

Since crossups are super hard to react to online, ex retardedarmorwheel will solve all of your problems. Uppercut or ex wheel or njp (on a read) are your best options I think. Anti cross up normals are just too unreliable online.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Yup, I learned that the hard way in the Mileena-Kitana MU. Kitana is the female KL, jumps around all over the place and is rarely punished. And she gets out of the corner for free.

Since crossups are super hard to react to online, ex retardedarmorwheel will solve all of your problems. Uppercut or ex wheel or njp (on a read) are your best options I think. Anti cross up normals are just too unreliable online.
@xWildx
<3

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Generally speaking she gets out of the corner at at least a discounted price.
Unless the Mileena is completely unaware, the Kitana is probably eating a roll or a teleport if she tries anything stupid. Best case, Kitana cancels into an ass and Mileena is right back on top of her.

Maybe @RunwayMafia or @xKhaoTik can provide more input.

Unless the Mileena is completely unaware, the Kitana is probably eating a roll or a teleport if she tries anything stupid. Best case, Kitana cancels into an ass and Mileena is right back on top of her.

I agree with you, Kitana just has to play the MU slower and more patiently. A patient Kitana will usually win that MU in my opinion. But I'm just saying in general, not this specific MU, that kitana gets out of the corner relatively easy. I've watched countless tournament matches where she asses out of the corner with no repercussions.

xWildx

I agree with you, Kitana just has to play the MU slower and more patiently. A patient Kitana will usually win that MU in my opinion. But I'm just saying in general, not this specific MU, that kitana gets out of the corner relatively easy. I've watched countless tournament matches where she asses out of the corner with no repercussions.
That much is true for the most part, I was just going with the original post I was tagged in mentioning Mileena.

That much is true for the most part, I was just going with the original post I was tagged in mentioning Mileena.
I think I have salt about when I try to d4 to lower my hitbox and get jk~fan'd like every time. Then if I read a crossup I typically eat a jk~fan. But if the Kitana isn't patient, Mileenas wackiness will destroy her lol.

xWildx

I think I have salt about when I try to d4 to lower my hitbox and get jk~fan'd like every time. Then if I read a crossup I typically eat a jk~fan. But if the Kitana isn't patient, Mileenas wackiness will destroy her lol.
It's an interesting MU for sure. Kitana (IMO, mind you) loses her air control in this MU and has to rely on patience and her sheer damage output. Mileena can lame her out, but if she makes one mistake 40% of her life is gone and the roles have completely reversed. It's fun once you get the hang of it though haha

It's an interesting MU for sure. Kitana (IMO, mind you) loses her air control in this MU and has to rely on patience and her sheer damage output. Mileena can lame her out, but if she makes one mistake 40% of her life is gone and the roles have completely reversed. It's fun once you get the hang of it though haha
I think we both agree on everything about this MU lol. And I actually think Mileena's zoning is better than Kitana's, a counterzoning kitana obviously gets tele'd for about 28-30%.

And I think we can ALL agree that Sonya is retarded lol

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

I just know that even the most mediocre Mileena players own my ass lol. She intimidates me. The only way I beat good Mileenas is by becoming completely reactive to what they do.

Vagrant

Noob
You can uppercut (easier reaction but less damage)
You can Ex Wheel (a little harder than uppercut and requires a bar... but you're Sonya..... so you probably have meter)
Or you can d1 (hard and if you fuck it up your getting blown up huge but usually gets you props if you land it)

You might be able to d4 since it lowers your hitbox their crossup might just whiff. I don't remember.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
iono i think she limits mileena's air control as well both of them cant be stupid .. mileena's teleport is a fan lift away lol

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Just always expect a crossover and either EX Cartwheel or just do standing 1 as they crossover for an Anti-Air. The standing 1 is harder and you need to be reactive, but it can be done offline very easily. Online...good luck lol.