What's new

Video/Tutorial wonderedfuture presents: Skarlet: The SnipeTech Studies

hey tym, wondered here! comin down to i beleive my last few discoveries with my girl, this is NOT new tech, but i have found some alternate uses for it, that some may not have known of, or ever thought of the options they could use off of it to enter in there game. so enjoy, and bare with the quality, my hdpvr is acting up. this thread will only have vid 2. i have to redo vid 1 cuz the file was too large, and when its done, itll be up in the skarlet vs kabal forums. so hope this helps fellow skar players.

1. Snipe Tech:

Snipe Tech is what it sounds like, " sniper technology" ( a style of precision and execution to keep your opponent on 50/50 mixups, leaving them at your mercy) Like asniper whos got the best lock ( aka dagger cancel) on his enemy.

2. Inputs

Snipe Tech input is any option off of down forward dagger ( cancel, then hold for 2 seconds after hit) quick release into options such as down 4, down 1, red dash, down back 2 and down forward 2, xray, uppercut, bloodball,teleport, and grab.

3. Mind Games/Combos/Traps

ST is all about the best and strict timing, because if you dont count those two seconds before, or after hit, you will not execute, and you may get blown up. There are combo options such as a basic 212, dagger cancel, into snipe tech uppercut, that way you dont wiff or drop anything. On a person who decides to low block to avoid being hit by down 4 into red dash for meter build, you can snipe tech them into grab, or down back 2 for a juggle.

All that you have read is posted and seen in video two here, and i even show that it works with some other fighter too, just not as well. Hope you all enjoy.

Somberness

Lights
The thing is, you'd be disadvantage after a dagger cancel from that range and you can't block immediately even if you stance switch into it. If your opponent reads this, it's basically a free combo for them. Saying that Kabal shouldn't use dash cancels.. is just a bad idea.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I like the enthusiasm for the character. Is the point of this video to show that Skarlet can dagger cancel into basically any move?

The combos shown here aren't close to her most powerful ones. Have you checked out my pre video guide release combo list? It's stickied at the top of the Skarlet forum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Where is vid one?

Is this basically saying that of you wait long enough that you can cancel any move out of a dagger if delayed long enough?

The thing is, you'd be disadvantage after a dagger cancel from that range and you can't block immediately even if you stance switch into it. If your opponent reads this, it's basically a free combo for them. Saying that Kabal shouldn't use dash cancels.. is just a bad idea.
well yea you wouldnt need to since you can instant cancel into ex red dash and punish them.

Where is vid one?

Is this basically saying that of you wait long enough that you can cancel any move out of a dagger if delayed long enough?
yea. and vid one is being put up now, itll be in skar vs kabal forum. it expands to his wakeup and more. as i said tho, its just an idea that sounds good.

lol besides i never said to abuse it.

I like the enthusiasm for the character. Is the point of this video to show that Skarlet can dagger cancel into basically any move?

The combos shown here aren't close to her most powerful ones. Have you checked out my pre video guide release combo list? It's stickied at the top of the Skarlet forum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
o these are just some combos i came up with off ST, i do way better combos otherwise. best you can do for a combo off ST is in the corner like doing a long down back 2 combo, ending with 11 cancel, immediatley red dash, slide finish lol. and yea she can cancel into basically 8 diff options. its really neat. good for now and again trapping, and saving meter, but buling it too.

well when you see vid one, i expand to his wakeup, dash cancel situations, iagb situations, and fighting him in endurance to test options. im glad you responded since you are the frame data guy whod know, but i believe when not abused against kabal or anyone, it has potential, just sayin.

You can also use the 2nd dagger in Dagger Toss to interrupt EX Nomad Dash but I don't think any Kabal player is going to use a wake-up EX Nomad Dash from that distance. Cool video though.
yea, i tried to get me showing that when u cancel the first into the second before his ex hits you, but i skipped it. and the point is to show they would not want to use dash that far, and to show that with cancel and a good prediction, any other option would not help them. lol man i love this vid. and thanks man.