What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
thats what im saying then, it won't crossup....which is the whole point of them guessing when f3 will crossup or not.
There's no guess though. *facepalms* You can see her delay it. There is no guess involving the f3, only the f3/b3.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
kay then.

well how do u play the Cyborg MU, i hardly run into them, but when i do i don't know what to do :/

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
She doesn't need anything. The two characters who beat her badly are just too good.

First off, stop respecting Wonder Woman's frame traps so much; otherwise you're just going to get put into a 50/50 every time you block a b1. Backdash, poke out, throw out the occasional parry or just block sometimes. d12 will beat any attempt to poke and although it is possible to hit-confirm, it's very difficult to do in an actual match. The majority of the time it's done on a read. Keep in mind that the overhead option only leads to a full combo if you don't backdash and there's no way to confirm that. This applies to backdashing on wake-up as well. For guaranteed damage she has to do b2~lasso, which you can punish by ducking the second hit and releasing bats. There's an option select Batman can use by blocking b2, ducking after and mashing on 4. If WoWo does b23 then your bats won't come out, but if she does b2~lasso then they will and you'll get a combo.

Second, slide isn't as bad as you think it is. It serves its purpose of making WoWo guess after knocking you down. It's negative on hit but that doesn't matter because she gets no guaranteed pressure or punish. It also isn't fully invincible but it cannot be stuffed easily. If it happens it's really just luck.

Third, you can punish a perfectly done iaDG if you have 3 bats and block it standing. If it's done at about chest height you can punish it with 2. If the Wonder Woman player is on point then that won't come up very often but it's good to know.

Lastly, pretty much all of her mid-screen setups involving OTGs are gimmicky and beaten by holding back + tech roll. The OTG will still work but you'll be out of range for her 50/50. Cross-up f3 can be blocked on reaction once you're used to it because it never hits in front. In the corner if you see her jump forward then the divepunch will hit as a cross-up and if she jumps straight up it will hit in front. You'll get hit by stuff sometimes but it's possible to get good at blocking it most of the time.

Edit: If she jumps forward and does the divepunch as soon as possible it will still hit in front.
Basically everything he said. Her pressure is amazing and all on paper, and still in match, but both players have to make hard reads or just do stuff on reaction. She CAN catch backdashing in a variety of ways, But that as well is based on conditioning and hard reads unless their backdash just has THAT long of a duration, and even with that, it's still a gamble against anyone knowing the MU that can be ballsy and start their game even being negative.

And for post knockdown in all MUs more or less, you'll see that it's a pure guessing game all around. She can choose to be in your face and bait a wakeup to punish, armor b3/f3 which the b3 catches backdashing, go for a 50/50 in a 4 way guess between b2/33/IJ1/air dash cross over, or stay in the sweet spot to punish pretty much anything

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Haha, I hope not, that would be embarrassing. No i'm pretty sure it was a Nightwing. Besides I just checked and you still get 13% when he has defense trait.
What was the situation then? What did you parry? MB B3 maybe? I can't think atm :confused: I'll test it tomorrow if I remember