What's new

Wonder Woman Equippable Abilities Discussion

The two I've found to this point are Air Amazonian Slam (reward for level 20) and Amalthea's Protection (don't remember getting this but I have it), having the divepunch back from the first game is nice.

For Slam if it hits it does punt you back out pretty far, but if they block it and you meter burn you're +2 and the meter burn knockdown is probably decent in certain situations. Nice for easier combo enders as well. Simply having a way to diagonally advance on the opponent from the air is very good. That said I don't know why it's not part of her core set as equipping it doesn't replace any of her other abilities.

Amalthea's Protection is basically Jason's EX Ray from MKX, except it doesn't actually do anything? Good for BM and maybe useful for baiting wakeups for bigger punishes. If you meter burn it she walks slightly further forward. No idea.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Amalthea's protection is her way to walk into safe area against zoners, MB reduces the damage you take while using it but you also can be knocked out of the MB version (for some strange reason). The regular version grants armor against multiple attacks.

I guess good for getting spacing at mid screen against zoners or slightly in their face depending on the MU (although doesn't matter because they aren't allowed in COMP play).

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
She has Hermes' Blessing, basically only gives you that blessing when trait is activated.

( Air dash, faster movement )

fong03

Noob
I just got the ability Artemis' Strength. It takes up both of your ability slots and increases the duration and damage buff of Artemis' light when you successfully parry. It also REMOVES all other trait possibilities, so that Artemis' Light (now called Strength) is your only available trait buff.

Sounds like there might be one ability for each trait option.

Stanlos

Noob
Does Artemis strength return projectiles?

I think I would enjoy the game more if I had no exposure to the comics. As it is, it makes playing matches with zoners or zoners/brawlers very frustrating. WW isn't at a disadvantage against Superman let alone Supergirl or Power Girl yet here in the game she has an uphill battle against even normals like Catwoman. It makes it extremely frustrating

fong03

Noob
Does Artemis strength return projectiles?

I think I would enjoy the game more if I had no exposure to the comics. As it is, it makes playing matches with zoners or zoners/brawlers very frustrating. WW isn't at a disadvantage against Superman let alone Supergirl or Power Girl yet here in the game she has an uphill battle against even normals like Catwoman. It makes it extremely frustrating
Sadly it doesn't. :( It's the same old parry, just with a bigger damage buff.

I feel your pain. I usually only play a few matches before I have to take a break. It's so frustrating, but I know I have to be more patient and use all of the tools at her disposal to get in. And my execution is terrible on her combos at the moment (more practicing I know!). When she finally gets in, you really have to make the most of it. And dear god do I hate Aquaman. I really should learn him. lol

Whenever I get to play a non-zoner and I am able to stay in the mid range and check them with shield tosses, etc., they usually get frustrated and switch to Darkseid or Supergirl! I love Diana though and she is literally the reason I bought the game. I'll work at getting better and do what I can.

Stanlos

Noob
Am I missing anything or does a lot of making her work come down to spamming shield toss? I played two Wonder Women today and our gameplay was basically who had mastered the BF motion to execute shield toss

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Am I missing anything or does a lot of making her work come down to spamming shield toss? I played two Wonder Women today and our gameplay was basically who had mastered the BF motion to execute shield toss
Controlling space ; )

Shield toss is a good check, then catching their dash ins with lasso grab. Just being a pest, creating openings and causing your opponent to slip. Why we love her

wselak

Noob
i like to theory fight when i go jogging
b11 (on hit) f2 (on hit) ex shield throw~
b11 (on hit) f2 ff mb (low overhead)
b11 (on hit) 3 (on block)ex shield bash/lasso
b11 (on hit) 3 (on block) ex shield bash ex shield bash lasso
expanding mind meme
b11 (on block) ex b3/f3
b11 (on block) grab
b11 (on block) 22 might blow up a reversal attack?
b11 (on block) block

Stanlos

Noob
How is parry supposed to work in Injustice 2? I can't figure out safe follow ups on the rare occasions it catches melee attacks. Any ideas?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
So these are Wonder Woman's known gear moves...

Wonder Woman:

* Hermes’ Blessing - Increase speed and allow air dashing. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Demeter’s Spirit - Reduces incoming damage. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Athena’s Power - Increases power of Shield based attacks. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Artemis’ Strength - Increases duration and power of Bracelets of Submission. Modifies character power.

* Hestia’s Gift - Increases power of Lasso based attacks. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Lasso Spin - Wonder Woman leaps into the air spinning the Lasso of Truth. Replaces Upward Amathea Bash.

* Sword of Athena - Wonder Woman slides on her knees across the floor and slashes the legs of her opponent with her sword. Meter burn for follow up attacks. Replaces Amathea Bash.

* Aegis of Zeus - A block that stuns opponents attacking with melee moves. Replaces Bracelets of Submission.

* Amalthea's Protection (10) - Advances slowly forward, protecting herself with her shield and gaining Armor. Meter Burning Protection will allow her to take less damage while advancing

-----------
Has anyone seen this ..
* Aegis of Zeus - A block that stuns opponents attacking with melee moves.

Replaces Bracelets of Submission.

how does the details work and is there any video of it?

Stanlos

Noob
So these are Wonder Woman's known gear moves...

Wonder Woman:

* Hermes’ Blessing - Increase speed and allow air dashing. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Demeter’s Spirit - Reduces incoming damage. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Athena’s Power - Increases power of Shield based attacks. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Artemis’ Strength - Increases duration and power of Bracelets of Submission. Modifies character power.

* Hestia’s Gift - Increases power of Lasso based attacks. Requires both ability slots. Modifies character power.

* Lasso Spin - Wonder Woman leaps into the air spinning the Lasso of Truth. Replaces Upward Amathea Bash.

* Sword of Athena - Wonder Woman slides on her knees across the floor and slashes the legs of her opponent with her sword. Meter burn for follow up attacks. Replaces Amathea Bash.

* Aegis of Zeus - A block that stuns opponents attacking with melee moves. Replaces Bracelets of Submission.

* Amalthea's Protection (10) - Advances slowly forward, protecting herself with her shield and gaining Armor. Meter Burning Protection will allow her to take less damage while advancing

-----------
Has anyone seen this ..
* Aegis of Zeus - A block that stuns opponents attacking with melee moves.

Replaces Bracelets of Submission.

how does the details work and is there any video of it?
Yes, I received this today. You do the parry move same as when it was called Bracelets of Submission. If your opponent strikes you while the parry is active, they go into a stun state animated similar to the Guild Battles environmental hazzard for ZZZ. They kind of stand there dazed for just under a second. You can back +11 before they recover.

Stanlos

Noob
Also worth noting about regular parry in the weird Robin match is that it can parry his aerial diving ballet kick thingy and it can parry the anime charging while sword to the side move but only if he starts it at a distance. If it starts right in your face it counts as two hits and the second will not be absorbed. It will also absorb the rising sword flip on wakeup and the weird Deathstroke-like air sword flip.

I haven't replayed that guy now that I have Aegis of Zeus but that will take care of the Anime move I would think.

Stanlos

Noob
HMMMM! So against Superman, the Aegis of Zeus will grant you the stun on a successful parry of the punch (it won't go to meterburn part) and on the breath and up-close heat zap. It didn't happen for the beams in this set.

StormGoddess

Also worth noting about regular parry in the weird Robin match is that it can parry his aerial diving ballet kick thingy and it can parry the anime charging while sword to the side move but only if he starts it at a distance. If it starts right in your face it counts as two hits and the second will not be absorbed. It will also absorb the rising sword flip on wakeup and the weird Deathstroke-like air sword flip.

I haven't replayed that guy now that I have Aegis of Zeus but that will take care of the Anime move I would think.
Yes, WW's Bracelets of Submission will parry Firestorms flaming torpedo move(he flies right thru her,both unharmed), it will also stop Banes charging move where he runs over you.

StormGoddess

If anyone is interested...here is some Wonder Woman's discovered gear sets.

The Goddess Of Truth (5)

The Royal Tiara (Head) 2/5: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 150 Strength.

The Bracelets of Victory (Arms) 3/5: Honed Edge: All Sword attacks inflict 25.00% more damage.

Cuirass of Herculean Power (Torso) 5/5: Hestia's Truth: Increases Lasso attack damage while Hestia's Gift is active by 25.00%.

The Boots of Hermes (Legs)

The Aegis of Athena (Arsenal)
--------

Fabled Heroine Of Themyscira (5)

Tiara Of Divine Tragedy (Head) 2/5: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 100 Strength.

Bracers Of Rising Action (Arms) 3/5: Amalthea Bash Transition: Amalthea Bash Meter Burn can now trigger an Arena Transition.

Diana's Theatrical Chestplate (Torso) 5/5: Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 200 Defense.

Smash Hit Boots (Legs)

Blockbuster Falchion (Arsenal)
----------

Themysciran Battle Armor (4)

Themysciran Tiara Of Battle (Head) 2/4: Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 100 Defense.

Themysciran Bracers Of Battle (Arms) 3/4: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 150 Strength.

Themysciran Breastplate Of Battle (Torso) 4/4: Athena's Shroud: Decreases block damage while Athena's Power is active by 75.00%.

Themysciran Greaves Of Battle (Legs)
------------

Aphrodite’s Flawless Garb (3)

The Blessing of Stunning Beauty (Arms) 2/3: Girlpower: Inflict 25.00% more damage to Males. (Multiverse Only)

The Blessing of the Kind Heart (Torso) 3/3: Flawless Victory: 5.00% chance to gain a Regen Token for a Perfect Match.

The Blessing of Purity (Legs)
-------------

The Pride Of Hephaestus (2)

The Tiara Of Hephaestus (Head) 2/2: Stalwart Guard: 10.00% chance for Wonder Woman to take no block damage from a blocked attack.

The Razor Of Hephaestus (Arsenal)

Sword of Athena
(Air) Amazonian Slam

If NRS really want to make her own the mid range and not just throw shields all day, they'll put these on her normal movelist.

Stanlos

Noob
If anyone is interested...here is some Wonder Woman's discovered gear sets.

The Goddess Of Truth (5)

The Royal Tiara (Head) 2/5: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 150 Strength.

The Bracelets of Victory (Arms) 3/5: Honed Edge: All Sword attacks inflict 25.00% more damage.

Cuirass of Herculean Power (Torso) 5/5: Hestia's Truth: Increases Lasso attack damage while Hestia's Gift is active by 25.00%.

The Boots of Hermes (Legs)

The Aegis of Athena (Arsenal)
--------

Fabled Heroine Of Themyscira (5)

Tiara Of Divine Tragedy (Head) 2/5: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 100 Strength.

Bracers Of Rising Action (Arms) 3/5: Amalthea Bash Transition: Amalthea Bash Meter Burn can now trigger an Arena Transition.

Diana's Theatrical Chestplate (Torso) 5/5: Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 200 Defense.

Smash Hit Boots (Legs)

Blockbuster Falchion (Arsenal)
----------

Themysciran Battle Armor (4)

Themysciran Tiara Of Battle (Head) 2/4: Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 100 Defense.

Themysciran Bracers Of Battle (Arms) 3/4: Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 150 Strength.

Themysciran Breastplate Of Battle (Torso) 4/4: Athena's Shroud: Decreases block damage while Athena's Power is active by 75.00%.

Themysciran Greaves Of Battle (Legs)
------------

Aphrodite’s Flawless Garb (3)

The Blessing of Stunning Beauty (Arms) 2/3: Girlpower: Inflict 25.00% more damage to Males. (Multiverse Only)

The Blessing of the Kind Heart (Torso) 3/3: Flawless Victory: 5.00% chance to gain a Regen Token for a Perfect Match.

The Blessing of Purity (Legs)
-------------

The Pride Of Hephaestus (2)

The Tiara Of Hephaestus (Head) 2/2: Stalwart Guard: 10.00% chance for Wonder Woman to take no block damage from a blocked attack.

The Razor Of Hephaestus (Arsenal)
I now have all of her abilities granting armour and so excited aboush! Now I just need the lasso spin ability itself and I will have all of the known abilities in my collection.

How do you guys feel about Sword of Athena? I could not bring myself to sacrifice Amalthea Bash. It ducked under Omega Beams once but since I couldn't duplicate it on purpose so I still favor standard Bash.

Stanlos

Noob
Amalthea's protection is her way to walk into safe area against zoners, MB reduces the damage you take while using it but you also can be knocked out of the MB version (for some strange reason). The regular version grants armor against multiple attacks.

I guess good for getting spacing at mid screen against zoners or slightly in their face depending on the MU (although doesn't matter because they aren't allowed in COMP play).
I like the Amalthea Protection best after I make it in. After a knockdown especially against Deadshot, I wait a moment and then input AP so that if he does explosion bullets I don't fly to the other side again.

I can't figure out what mode keeps the abilities but nullifies the stats though.

I now have all of her abilities granting armour and so excited aboush! Now I just need the lasso spin ability itself and I will have all of the known abilities in my collection
I have the lasso spin. I'm not impressed. It spins her up into the air so you can't follow it up and you're very punishable.

How do you guys feel about Sword of Athena? I could not bring myself to sacrifice Amalthea Bash. It ducked under Omega Beams once but since I couldn't duplicate it on purpose so I still favor standard Bash.
I love it. It's not as good as Ivy's slide but it's still good from mid range. You can combo it off of a far Shield Toss MB. And even off of a B2 hit confirm. Meter burning it leads to good juggle damage.

You can really dominate the mid range with it. Shield toss, B2, F3, Sword of Athena, and D2 takes care of business and makes people scared.

fong03

Noob
HMMMM! So against Superman, the Aegis of Zeus will grant you the stun on a successful parry of the punch (it won't go to meterburn part) and on the breath and up-close heat zap. It didn't happen for the beams in this set.
I just got the Aegis of Zeus ability. Will I ever collect them all!?

Anyway, it looks like the stun works on all projectiles too. I tried it on Superman's heat zap, lasers, Deadshot's wrist shot and Robin's robin wing and they were all stunned. You have to be in sweep distance for the stun to connect though. There's pretty heavy damage scaling on combos after the stun though.

Stanlos

Noob
First two Legendary Towers are down thanks to the Guild activity this weekend. They went superfast. But Tower 3? I am stumped on the 250 Epics. I have a decent plan on the minutes and match victories (doing all 3 Multiverses after the reset should put a massive dent into those.

But the Epics? I don't have a plan for that because I don't have any control of that. It is RNG. Here is hoping NRS at least puts WW unlock Epics on everyday going forward so we can unlock new ones. With there RNG it will be months before I meet that. This weekend I unlocked hundreds of boxes and got 45 to 60 Epics for other characters but counting through today I was able to get 11 Epics for WW. :(

And we only play WW with a sprinkle of Vixen. :\

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
First two Legendary Towers are down thanks to the Guild activity this weekend. They went superfast. But Tower 3? I am stumped on the 250 Epics. I have a decent plan on the minutes and match victories (doing all 3 Multiverses after the reset should put a massive dent into those.

But the Epics? I don't have a plan for that because I don't have any control of that. It is RNG. Here is hoping NRS at least puts WW unlock Epics on everyday going forward so we can unlock new ones. With there RNG it will be months before I meet that. This weekend I unlocked hundreds of boxes and got 45 to 60 Epics for other characters but counting through today I was able to get 11 Epics for WW. :(

And we only play WW with a sprinkle of Vixen. :\
You have the first 2? I'm mostly done with 1 but the 3mil damage is going to be awhile @670,000. About 25% with MV events and 50% on transitions. How did you pull off 200 MV events and do guild? Granted I have zero clue what guild is or how it works or what it credits to. how hard is getting 50k guild credits to get? That one I don't know what the scale of is. Really don't want do deal with guild at all.

The epic gear thing seems the hardest. I probably got about 40-50 over the past few days but only 1 I think was WW. I don't see how to pull that off for months and months if ever. I'm guessing I've played WW about 100hours so far and I never got anything close to that.