What's new

Wireless Signal Booster - Help

Hello,

So previously I had my consoles connected with an ethernet when they were downstairs...

... since moving into my gaming room, I'm back on wireless, and man it sucks!! My internet maxes out at around 70MB, so the signal is strong, but I know the limitations of wireless when not really sat on-top of the router.

My friend suggested using a signal booster, or repeater, or something like that - so - what would you recommend I buy to help improve the wireless signal into my gaming room (outside of running a long-ass ethernet around the skirting of the house). I know wireless isn't the best option, but I want to make it as strong and as playable as possible (even if there is a wireless booster I can put in my room which an ethernet can plug into).

Thanks,

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I use a wifi extender set, one hooks up to the modem. Another up in my room with an Ethernet cable hooked up to it, I experience no lag spikes and everything runs silky smooth.

I live with some room mates in a 3 story house. Modem is on the 2nd floor and lots of walls. What I did was run an Ethernet cable from the modem to the 3rd floor and I'm currently using an old TrendNet modem as a Ethernet switch for my PS4 and my own router (TP RE650). I'm getting 100 mbps without problems and lag spikes occur when my opponent has a WiFi or lives in a different region.