What's new

Winter 2012 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
CONGRATS TO THE WINNER - NODOUBT!

Date/Time: 400pm Pacific - Friday, March 16th, 2012

This is a MAME/Kaillera tournament; however PS3/360 may be used if both players own a console.

If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/tutorial-set-up-mk2-with-kaillera.10759!
(This link talks about setting up MK2, but works for other games as well.)

RULES
  • All matches are best of 3 (first to 2.) You do not need to play all 3 games if one player has already accumulated 2 wins. Winner/Loser Finals are best of 5. Grand Finals are best of 7.
  • All matches are free select (pick any character you want)
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match assignments. We will not send out reminders to participants.
  • If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • You will have up to the 2nd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in this thread in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. TYM staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in the first round. If a replacement player is needed in subsequent rounds, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=423622

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. AREZ God of War
2. gamemk
3. NobilityV2
4. 0Juggernaut0
5. MastaZenyouX - NOSHOW
6. Eternal
7. Skateblind
8. RyTak
9. psycho4rent - NOSHOW
10. Nodoubt

RESERVES
1. DCIguy

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Add me up Bro. I can do Mame/P2P and/or PSN MKAK.

Just wondering though, why is it titled UMK3 Tourney, then underneath it says "MK2 online scene" or w/e?

You should add "Mandatory hardwired modem-to-PC connections if using Mame" to the rule set since wireless is 99% unplayable on Mame in any instance.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Add me up Bro. I can do Mame/P2P and/or PSN MKAK.

Just wondering though, why is it titled UMK3 Tourney, then underneath it says "MK2 online scene" or w/e?

You should add "Mandatory hardwired modem-to-PC connections if using Mame" to the rule set since wireless is 99% unplayable on Mame in any instance.
I made a template for all 3 classic games but forgot to change that opening line. All good now.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Changed the date of the tourney to 3/16 since I have a conflict on 3/17

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
So, I can join if I have Xbox Live? If so, GT is "Tycho X"

I have Kaillera and all but my ping is usually shit. By the way, I'm glad you're doing this. Most people complain how "Bro, I don't do competitive MK online, lag bro, lag." And it's like, EVERYONE is at the same latency, meaning it's a fair game for all. I'd also like to point out that it's great you made this across all available consoles. The biggest issue is for players who are limited to a console that isn't allowed in the tournament.

Reason I appreciate this is because you don't see people in the MK community do these kinds of things. So good for you. Sign me up.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

"Bro, I don't do competitive MK online, lag bro, lag." And it's like, EVERYONE is at the same latency, meaning it's a fair game for all. .
This is completely inaccurate. IDK WHY people feel the need to assume such ridiculous notions, but it's very far from the reality of it. If anything, the majority of the lag/delay experienced is extremely one-sided and it's rather easy to tell by the bullshit your opponent gets away with at the time......much of which wouldn't be available to them OFFline.

I don't want to go in-depth into this, but any good player who knows the game well, including how many frame you have to do shit can tell when it's one-sided. It is very easy for experienced offline players to identify such as it occurs, however people w/ little knowledge of the game and/or minimal offline experience won't know the difference.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
This is completely inaccurate. IDK WHY people feel the need to assume such ridiculous notions, but it's very far from the reality of it. If anything, the majority of the lag/delay experienced is extremely one-sided and it's rather easy to tell by the bullshit your opponent gets away with at the time......much of which wouldn't be available to them OFFline.

I don't want to go in-depth into this, but any good player who knows the game well, including how many frame you have to do shit can tell when it's one-sided. It is very easy for experienced offline players to identify such as it occurs, however people w/ little knowledge of the game and/or minimal offline experience won't know the difference.
I'm finding it hard whether or not your saying the person with the lag is at an advantage or is at a disadvantage.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I might join, not too familiar with Kaillera for Mame though, I'll read that link and get back to you.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I have Kaillera and all but my ping is usually shit. By the way, I'm glad you're doing this. Most people complain how "Bro, I don't do competitive MK online, lag bro, lag." And it's like, EVERYONE is at the same latency, meaning it's a fair game for all. I'd also like to point out that it's great you made this across all available consoles. The biggest issue is for players who are limited to a console that isn't allowed in the tournament.

Reason I appreciate this is because you don't see people in the MK community do these kinds of things. So good for you. Sign me up.
You are free to use XBL provided your opponent has XBL as well. If not, then you will need to use Kaillera.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I'm finding it hard whether or not your saying the person with the lag is at an advantage or is at a disadvantage.
It depends lol. It's not always set in stone, but the only thing you can guarantee to be consistent about lag/delay is it's inconsistency. Sometimes it's a certain way then at other times it's ass-backwards. Depends on the person hosting, connection, connection-speed, distance to servers, distance to each other, sharing bandwidth, etc, etc, etc...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
When's the deadline for signups DCI? I haven't had time to test Kaillera with anyone yet. Just so I can let you know beforehand.

Damn. Where's the love for the old school MKs? I would've already signed up for all 3 tournaments, but I have to make sure I can get Kaillera set up and running first. I don't see why you guys don't go ahead and sign up for MK1 and MK2 as well. Who cares if you're not that great at them? I'll support the ones I rarely play just bc it should be fun for all of us to get together on one night and duke it out.

Another idea would be to have a chat session after the tourneys in either a xbl party or on ps home. I guess I better get Kaillera set up instead just rambling on. LOL.

Rin Andrechentov

"There is no knowledge that is not power"
Ill support its just a matter of getting the rom for both of them atm.....umk3 stole my soul but I definately will show some support for mk1 & mk2! In fact, ever since winter brawl vi i've wanted to get back into mk2 after playing casuals with Summoning. Ill check in on the other threads and see what's good for signups, etc...

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Ill support its just a matter of getting the rom for both of them atm.....umk3 stole my soul but I definately will show some support for mk1 & mk2! In fact, ever since winter brawl vi i've wanted to get back into mk2 after playing casuals with Summoning. Ill check in on the other threads and see what's good for signups, etc...
PM sent.

i would love to come anybody from the DC area?

It's an online tournament, Bro.