What's new

Breakthrough Wing Evading Zod's Trait

Hello guys,

I have found out that Hawkgirl can get out of Zod's trait pressure by Wing Evading it. You can see it on the video below. Also you can Wing Evade + 3 or Wing Evade + 2 to attack him. If you are full screen and time it correctly you can move in, if he is not using his projectiles. Hope you will find it useful in the match-up!

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Hello guys,

I have found out that Hawkgirl can get out of Zod's trait pressure by Wing Evading it. You can see it on the video below. Also you can Wing Evade + 3 or Wing Evade + 2 to attack him. If you are full screen and time it correctly you can move in, if he is not using his projectiles. Hope you will find it useful in the match-up!

I don't know why.... but I almost started crying from this video.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
People are so unproductive on these forums. We rarely get people posting stuff and whether it's valid or not people should at least post something constructive or don't post at all.

At least Vak's trying to evolve the meta of a match up, even if it might not be ideal (Not saying it is or isn't I haven't studied it or tested it), but seriously some people on these forums are why I rarely give feedback or post threads etc, so unhelpful and rude.

Error

DF2+R2
People are so unproductive on these forums. We rarely get people posting stuff and whether it's valid or not people should at least post something constructive or don't post at all.

At least Vak's trying to evolve the meta of a match up, even if it might not be ideal (Not saying it is or isn't I haven't studied it or tested it), but seriously some people on these forums are why I rarely give feedback or post threads etc, so unhelpful and rude.
To be fair, I think I blinked and missed the whole tech the video was supposed to present.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Here's a more clear message: If you're not here to discuss why the tech has flaws or your findings to help expand upon it, don't post.

Anybody who continues doing it after this point will be infracted for deliberate thread derailing.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'll expand

I can hold laser backdash to fake a xx grab w no xx grab and you evade and I get free grab

I can also do swipe MB laser catches the evade

Also to do this correctly you have to know the frame in which I will actually cancel the grab since ZOD can cancel any frame of the dash and choose to dash at any time where as HG is on pins and needles hoping to guess correctly

If ZOD guess correctly it's 44% min if she guesses correctly she has to guess again correctly

Also his rushdown cancels cannot be evaded

I'm just saying this may work 1/39 times just like just frame IAZ charging MMH tele

I'll expand

I can hold laser backdash to fake a xx grab w no xx grab and you evade and I get free grab

Also to do this correctly you have to know the frame in which I will actually cancel the grab since ZOD can cancel any frame of the dash and choose to dash at any time where as HG is on pins and needles hoping to guess correctly

If ZOD guess correctly it's 44% min if she guesses correctly she has to guess again correctly

I'm just saying this may work 1/39 times just like just frame IAZ charging MMH tele
yeah, i was playing online today and zod was zoning me so i thought why not trying to wing evade his trait, and it worked, so i thought that i would share this with "community" i have not really sat down and studied it. also i am assuming that during his pressure from low string and then hitting the trait, when you wing evade 2 it you get a full combo? i will have to see. besides this is video is just to show HG players that she can do it. (even though theres a ps4 thing from the sharefactory app, which i tried to remove but i couldnt)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'll expand

Can't you just slap HG again before she lands, or is there too much recovery on the slap?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
yeah, i was playing online today and zod was zoning me so i thought why not trying to wing evade his trait, and it worked, so i thought that i would share this with "community" i have not really sat down and studied it. also i am assuming that during his pressure from low string and then hitting the trait, when you wing evade 2 it you get a full combo? i will have to see. besides this is video is just to show HG players that she can do it. (even though theres a ps4 thing from the sharefactory app, which i tried to remove but i couldnt)
If you haven't sat down and studied it, why did you create an entire thread and label it as "breakthrough"?
You should have discussed it in the general or MU discussing threads first, and then if you guys decided it's worth it, you should have created its own thread.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Sorry, I just found the PS4 thing funny lol.

It won't work because the hawkgirl has to guess when I'll do it which will require an insurmountable amount of luck/good read. It's good to know (like how ares can avoid with tele) but the risk you take by not blocking is a 45% combo. Risk/reward make it tough to see it's viability. I'll be salty when it happens to me though (like when flash forward dashes and accidentally avoids a trait grab). Grrr

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I'll expand

You can do this 1/39 times?!? That's pretty good lol I'd say like 1/200 and that might have been because Jupiter was to slow to hold back to block lol

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Agreed, this doesn't look crazy useful and even if it was this MU would still be a slaughter.

I lol'd hard at the intro/outro paired with a clip that short. tbh I thought for a second that it was meant to be a joke :joker:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Tre has never won one game vs my ZOD

O N E game

No exaggeration, MU sucks
That was more praise of his skills with WE than his ability in the Zod MU. Kind of coming over to the dark side myself, only stuff I found was you can duck the ground balls with B22, but timing has to be right on and you can't get close enough to do anything