What's new

Win a Luxury All-Expense Paid Trip to Evo 2020 (Includes Travel, Hotel Suite, Daily Spending Bonus, Registration Fee; US Only)

Hi all, I figure now is as good a time as ever to start up this offer. Any number of participants can win the Evo prize. If enough people win, I'll rent out an entire floor of a luxury hotel near the Evo venue for myself and all the winners. Even if you don't win the prize or don't care about Evo, you can still earn a 5-figure payout, so read on to see what's up. This offer is only good for residents of the US who are 18+. I'll cover your travel (1st-class air travel and hotel), Evo registration fee, and a $200 daily per diem. This is in addition to a substantial cash payout.

As some of you know, I'm Woody, owner of Woody's Trivia and Woody's Bingo. I invented and patented a new kind of entertainment, a robotic gameshow host that can run live shows in bars and restaurants as if a live host was there in the venue. Here is a video of me pitching the product at a local One Million Cups entrepreneurship meeting. I was the only presenter asked to also present at their Cedar Rapids chapter (presenters usually have to request to present) and was told by multiple long-term members that it was the coolest product they'd ever seen presented. Here is a pic of the device (just the outer box; the actual device is a combination of microcomputers and sophisticated networking equipment):

I'm on the lookout for people to pitch my product to their local venues. I've designed a compensation plan that allows pretty much anyone to sell the product. Salespeople are brought on as private contractors, meaning you're your own boss and can sell as many or as few as you like, going from venue to venue, making cold calls from home, or making sales however you like. Hell, you can even hire your own salespeople if you like. I don't care as long as sales are being made.

I charge venues $1.50 for every player. So if, during the 2-hour live Bingo show, 20 players participate, the venue would be charged $30. I pay my salespeople 25% of that amount for 1 year, so you'd be paid $7.50 for that show. Our shows are weekly, so even if you only sold one device that brought in 20 players per week, you'd make $390 by the end of the year (payments are sent monthly). Once the sale is made, you get to sit on your ass and watch the money come in, no strings attached. Sell 30 shows that bring in 20 players per week each, and congratulations, you'll earn $11,700 by the end of the year. All turnouts and payments are tracked automatically by my devices, and you can track your numbers via your own personal sales portal on my website.

So what about the Evo prize? This is awarded to any TYM salesperson who brings in at least 10,000 players. This means you sold around 10 decently-successful shows. A good salesperson could accomplish that many sales in a single day, and then just let the shows run every week while their player count racks up. Say you sell 10 shows that bring in 30 players per week, that's 12,000 players after 40 weeks, plenty of time to get registered for Evo. And again, that's in addition to the roughly $3,000 you'd be paid for your sales commissions. This is not a luck-based contest, everything is hard numbers. You bring in those players and congratulations, your ass is flying 1st Class to Evo 2020.

So what is the product? Are you familiar with "pub trivia"? These are live shows run at bars, restaurants, and other venues. A host hooks into the venue sound system or their own sound system and asks trivia questions and plays music. Players compete for prizes, typically gift cards good for a return visit to the venue. I've run a very successful pub trivia operation in Iowa for the past 6 years that brings in roughly $120,000 per year. The downside is that almost $60,000 of that goes to paying my hosts. To alleviate this expense, I invented "Woody's Bingo", a robotic replacement for live trivia. This isn't like the electronic trivia that you play on the venue's TV screens, nor is it like the little tablets on your table at Chili's. This is literally a robotic replacement for live entertainment. Our players look around the venue wondering where the human host is because they don't realize the show is being run by a robotic version of myself. The device plays music, makes announcements, and awards prizes, all with my voice. It has dynamic decision-making built into its routines, allowing it to vary it's pitch and intonation just like a live host would do. It even adds suspense to its bingo calls when it knows a user is close to winning a round. It's pretty fucking awesome, I'm not afraid to admit. It took me over 2 years to design, and over $70,000 to develop.

It's a no-brainer for venues. It takes less than a minute to hook up and automatically runs their shows every week (or multiple times per week). Most live entertainment costs around $150-$300 per show, so my dynamic $1.50-per-player pricing structure blows my competition out of the water; they simply can't compete. Without a live host to worry about, venues have unlimited flexibility to cancel shows or even run impromptu shows at a moment's notice. It costs me nothing to run a show, so I give all venues a 30-day free trial, no strings attached. Since it's literally a new form of entertainment (I call it "Localized Mobile Entertainment") it can be a little difficult to explain, but once you get the venue decision-maker to understand what we're offering and how it works, it becomes an easy sale.

If you're interested in participating or have any questions, please respond to this thread to help me keep it visible. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing you at Evo 2020!

-Woody

@STORMS @Juggs @Eldriken @Espio @HellblazerHawkman Hopefully you all know I'm legit, and that this offer is legit. It's a serious opportunity for TYM members, so if there's any way I could get this post promoted, I'd greatly appreciate it. Getting into the "pub entertainment" business was one of the best things to ever happen to me, so I'm excited to offer that opportunity to my TYM family.

Last edited:

Comments

That is one hell of a generous offer. My degree isn't in sales, but I do have quite a bit of experience in the retail sector (I worked in a retail store to pay my way through university) so I'm no stranger to the field.

I'll keep this in mind.

Sounds sketchy, pay me $1000 now and I’ll consider
Nothing sketchy about it. We even sign an Independent Contractor Agreement that legally ensures I have to pay you the agreed amount. And it doesn’t lock you into anything; you could never sell a single device and there would be no penalties or anything. And there are no costs. This isn’t like a multi-level-marketing scheme where you have to pay a fee and buy equipment and all that nonsense. There are no risks or commitments. I legit just need to get my product into as many venues as I can, and I figured this would be a fun and rewarding way to boost my sales while providing an awesome opportunity to my TYM family.

Last edited:
Because if it was a joke or reference to one, it definitely wasn't a funny one. It just looked like you were straight trying to scare people into trying this out.

@OP: I like the idea. I think the person with the right connections can do this, but I would suggest having a more clear cut laid out presentation that makes it easier for the statistics side of things to make sense to the venue owners. I had a product I ran some tests on similar in ORM (Online Reputation Management) and we noticed that all these people really care about is the statistics and numbers. Is the sales pitch basically replacing finding a physical host with this robot? I'm not entirely familiar w/ this industry but I've done affiliate marketing for years. Don't think it's something I personally would dive into but this is a great opportunity for someone to learn and potentially win a huge trip next year.
Absolutely, and I do provide marketing materials for my salespeople that contain all the relevant numbers. Pitching to bars is a little different, though, since a lot of those owners are just people who thought it would be fun to own a bar with their friends; they don't know the first thing about business management and their eyes glaze over when you show them the numbers. So my pitch basically boils down to, "I put butts in your seats more efficiently, and at a much lower cost, than any other pub entertainment company."

The tough part is getting across that we're a "destination" entertainment. Electronic solutions like Buzztime Trivia or those tablets at Chili's are great for keeping customers in the venue for longer, but no one is going to the venue just to play those games; they're distractions for current customers. My product actually gets customers off their butts and into the venue; our players literally schedule their weeks around our shows. I've got some before/after photos from some of my venues where it's a ghost town at 6:45pm, then at 7pm when the show starts it's standing room only, then back to a ghost town 10 minutes after the show ends.

Last edited:
That really isn’t a great rate for successful sales in such a saturated arena like bar/club entertainment. In your long post, you haven’t expressed what makes the product exclusive. If that was clearer, then attempting to sell would be more appealing. Also, who is responsible for maintenance?

Regardless, I would think anyone would just want more compensation instead of an EVO trip; I’m wondering if tying EVO into the offer is an excuse to post business proposals on a gaming forum.

That really isn’t a great rate for successful sales in such a saturated arena like bar/club entertainment. In your long post, you haven’t expressed what makes the product exclusive. If that was clearer, then attempting to sell would be more appealing. Also, who is responsible for maintenance?

Regardless, I would think anyone would just want more compensation instead of an EVO trip; I’m wondering if tying EVO into the offer is an excuse to post business proposals on a gaming forum.
I’m afraid I don’t understand your first sentence. And I don’t believe I’ve ever described the product as exclusive. What’s presented is the basic information. Any salespeople will be given additional detailed info to allow them to sell the product.

I’m responsible for maintenance. The salesperson doesn’t even necessarily have to make the sale. Even if they just drop off marketing materials and the venue gives me a call and signs up, I count that as a sale.

Business posts, or any kind of posts, are already allowed on this site. 25% as passive income is an excellent compensation plan, especially considering no experience or commitment is required. The Evo rewards are just bonuses on top of the regular compensation plan. It’s also an incentive for the salesperson to go beyond just making the sale and actually do what they can to bring in players, like posting on social media and ensuring the venue actually puts up our marketing materials. You’d be amazed how many venues will hire me and then never advertise the show, and then they’re surprised when no one knows they have a trivia or Bingo night.

Last edited:

The EVO trip is an just an incentive though. Think of it as an incentive based bonus. If you’re not interested in the bonus, that’s fine, you’ll still be making money at your own pace with no risk other than time.

This is legitimately a great opportunity for everyone. Even with my super packed schedule and basically no free time I’m considering this. And I would tackle it a little differently. I need a passive income or at the very least another source of revenue. Like I need it bad! So I’m heavily considering it @karaokelove

The EVO trip is an just an incentive though. Think of it as an incentive based bonus. If you’re not interested in the bonus, that’s fine, you’ll still be making money at your own pace with no risk other than time.

This is legitimately a great opportunity for everyone. Even with my super packed schedule and basically no free time I’m considering this. And I would tackle it a little differently. I need a passive income or at the very least another source of revenue. Like I need it bad! So I’m heavily considering it @karaokelove
I’d be willing to negotiate a higher compensation for anyone not interested in the Evo bonus. PM me with what you would need to come on board and I’ll see what I can do. I’m not at my computer, but tomorrow I might tally up the value of the evo bonus and offer a similar amount as a bonus for anyone more interested in direct compensation.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Might have accidentally deleted one that wasn’t meant to be deleted. So if you think it was yours let me know in a PM.

Let’s stay on topic. You can meme almost everywhere else guys, leave this one alone.

All it takes is a few minutes to make some calls to your local venues or to drop off some marketing materials (provided by me). Eezy peezy.
That makes it a bit more interesting to me. I'm gonna be kinda busy tomorrow since I've gotta contact someone about potentially getting a new position, but I'll try to let you know if I find some places where there are potential buyers.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Might have accidentally deleted one that wasn’t meant to be deleted. So if you think it was yours let me know in a PM.

Let’s stay on topic. You can meme almost everywhere else guys, leave this one alone.
Im sure it was my last one. My phone screen is busted so i cant pm right now.

Was it cleaning or censorship?

Anyways i was asking for marketing materials, bathroom sales pitch, yada yada yada

Im sure it was my last one. My phone screen is busted so i cant pm right now.

Was it cleaning or censorship?

Anyways i was asking for marketing materials, bathroom sales pitch, yada yada yada
Yes that was it. I don’t think they have made it to where you can undelete posts, so just say it again if you wouldn’t mind. If you don’t care at this point, again, my bad. Misclick

Yes that was it. I don’t think they have made it to where you can undelete posts, so just say it again if you wouldn’t mind. If you don’t care at this point, again, my bad. Misclick
Lol i just did.
Op, please send me all the info you can, i need a quick pitch and maybe some success stories. Figures on earnings after signing up for this maybe

I honestly hadn’t thought about that, but I’ll look into it and see what I can do. i don’t think that should be a problem, though.