What's new

General/Other Will Stryker Make it to MK10?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Do you think stryker will be in MK10? all the odds are against him in my opinion. (1)He is bottom tier (the whole world tell us so lol), (2) definitely not popular, and (3) he died in the story mode. I could be wrong, but I think the chances of stryker making it to MK10 are slim especially if NRS is going to bring new casts for the new story.

Let me know what you think guys.

CamRac

Noob
Well, he hasn't been a favorite since the UMK3 days. He doesn't have supernatural abilities, super strength, etc., and a lot of people felt like he didn't belong in MK. On top of that, he looked ugly as hell in that game, lol.

I don't know -- I'm personally a fan of his. I hope he makes it, or at least gets replaced by a character with a similar premise. There's probably more hope for the latter than the former.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Stryker's popularity has skyrocketed since his old UMK3 self, he's actually liked and respected by a large portion of the community now. He's not played often because he is indeed lacking tools and possibly bottom 5( key word possibly).

I already had a theory on the MK10 roster, Smoke, Jade, Nightwolf, Sindel, Kung Lao, Jax, Kabal, Sub-Zero, Kitana etc all died too, they're going to be fighting alongside Shinnok's Netherrealm hordes, so I logically deduce that they'll all be playable and enemies in story mode.

Stryker's actually liked decently in this game, like I said he's just not "good" in this game.

Plus MK needs to get a consistent roster instead of flip flopping every game, maybe NRS will finally pick up that concept, story mode should not dictate the roster.

Also, they better not leave him out because he's bottom tier, they're the ones who made him that way....it's not his fault or his fans fault they opted to give characters like Kung Lao, Sonya, and Cage a plethora of tools, while leaving him with mediocre tools.

I have no problem with a character being bottom tier or characters being good, but leaving someone out because they're bottom tier makes no sense to me.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Also, not trolling, but I don't know if I can play this game competitively if Stryker, Jade, and Sheeva aren't in it...I like Havik and Kai, but they're not guaranteed for next game either...I like most of the roster, but not enough to play at a high level.

I think he's one of the most fun to play in MK9 and has some of the coolest moves in the game (and a great x-ray). Hopefully they can build on that in MK10 and make him a more complete character that's not just cool but tournie viable.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Espio872 The reason why I mentioned the bottom tier is because when you couple it with Stryker not being popular, there is really no incentive for NRS to add him in the next game. I figured that KL, LK, Jax, Kabal will make it even though they died because they are kinda popular. But you hit the nail on that one when you said that it is not his fault for being where he is now. That actually gives me hope but when it comes to NRS, I swear.... Anyway lol only time will tell hehe

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well...if they gave him the spin they did for MKA, when he ended up in Seido and served under Hotaru and the Guardsmen, it could make for a really interesting story arch for him, as he'd then be stuck between his old realm/friends and Raiden, and his new home and masters of Seido. Plus, that transition would be bound to net him some super powers.

I hope he returns.

CamRac

Noob
Well...if they gave him the spin they did for MKA, when he ended up in Seido and served under Hotaru and the Guardsmen, it could make for a really interesting story arch for him, as he'd then be stuck between his old realm/friends and Raiden, and his new home and masters of Seido. Plus, that transition would be bound to net him some super powers.

I hope he returns.
Levitation + Gun = Akuma?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Espio872 The reason why I mentioned the bottom tier is because when you couple it with Stryker not being popular, there is really no incentive for NRS to add him in the next game. I figured that KL, LK, Jax, Kabal will make it even though they died because they are kinda popular. But you hit the nail on that one when you said that it is not his fault for being where he is now. That actually gives me hope but when it comes to NRS, I swear.... Anyway lol only time will tell hehe
I addressed that point because I see multiple players on podcasts and in other forms of media and such saying that's why he shouldn't show up, it's not just from this thread. I wanted to directly address the point since I never get to, I understand where you're coming from when you made the argument.

I think NRS is finally starting to get their footing in terms of competitive fighters, hopefully they can shake off their consistency for inconsistency when it comes to the roster, it's why they can never make a truly refined game because they always build up something nice, then tear it down and start over, even when something is solid, just in need of a few fixes.

All MK10 really needs is a good trainer, removal of input bug, removal of player 1 advantage then add either trades or clashing, work on game balance, add 10 characters, make another good story mode, online test your luck.

Polish up MK9 and get out the kinks and we'll be good to go.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

I hope he returns.
I like the story arc idea, especially if they have him intermingle with Havik and Hotaru, Stryker's kind of at the middle of the two spectrums, would be interesting to see the conflict.

My only thing is that his whole defining trait of being a normal human (the Batman of MK if you will) would be gone by giving him super powers and would make him a less unique character overall.

CamRac

Noob
I like the story arc idea, especially if they have him intermingle with Havik and Hotaru, Stryker's kind of at the middle of the two spectrums, would be interesting to see the conflict.

My only thing is that his whole defining trait of being a normal human (the Batman of MK if you will) would be gone by giving him super powers and would make him a less unique character overall.
I agree. That's actually why I like him so much, I think -- he's an average Joe, and the closest I can get to vicariously fighting for earthrealm. lol

The more I explore noob and Stryker the more I see just how effective they can be at the highest levels
Kenshi shoulder does not just destroy footsies, and I really don't think all these pocket tournament kenshis can compare to a fine Stryker player
But know one is taking any chances with him. I hope he picks up in mk9 let alone mk10

CamRac

Noob
I've been talking to Grolarbears (one of the best Noobs in the country) about this recently, and I really think MK9 has the potential of turning into Super Turbo in the way the tier lists work and whatnot. There are tons of hidden potential for these lesser used characters -- people just need to put the effort into unlocking them instead of trying to counterpick everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Nightwolf became the T.Hawk of MK9.

EDIT: Some things do hinder low-tier characters pretty substantially, though. For instance, Sheeva's blockable command grabs. So yeah, this is all opinion and whatnot, but I guess it's safer to say the vast majority of the cast is viable at the highest level.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I agree. That's actually why I like him so much, I think -- he's an average Joe, and the closest I can get to vicariously fighting for earthrealm. lol
This is why I love him, he's relatable, well said.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I doubt it, Stryker didn't keep helping Earthrealm forces after MK3...Until the HUGE battle in Armageddon...

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I doubt it, Stryker didn't keep helping Earthrealm forces after MK3...Until the HUGE battle in Armageddon...
They've changed around the story drastically, Stryker is forced to be apart of MK10 due to Shinnok's invasion and enslavement of Jade, Stryker, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jax, Sub-Zero, Sindel, Smoke, and Nightwolf by Quan Chi.

In the old timeline, Stryker lived and went back to his normal life immediately, but that was because Earthrealm surived the invasion with all the heroes intact.

Stryker was supposed to show up as playable in Deception but he was scrapped for some reason because Sonya/Kano clones (Kira) and generic Ken lookalikes (Kobra) were I guess more important than Stryker being involved in the Orderrealm/Chaosrealm story arc.....which is odd because Kabal became a good,anti-hero type character during/after MK3, then the butchered his story for Deception by randomly making him evil and criminalistic.

I personally think and hope mk10 will be better all around. Mk9 was their first game designed to be in tournament besides mkvsdcu. Mk10 should be better all around. I hope.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Chances are he's under Netherrealm control and the next game is about Shinnok/QC, so yeah..

If it was my game, the roster would mostly be determined by story anyways....